+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    a bald prince? That will never happen. He should have just gotten a wig before his hair loss became noticeable
    Why not? It would be awesome if he embraced it and styled it so it didn't look bad. It would be a wonderful thing to help do away with the public stigma in general.

Kinda like the whole sports figures bringing about the light beer revolution.

Inactive

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Interesting timing of the article, with l'oreal gearing up to release their 'treatment' of this hypoxia thing. Is their a scientific paper of his findings on the net?

Is their a chance he is on the l'oreal payroll?
    "Dr Bruno Bernard, head of hair biology at L'Oreal"

This IS the L'Oreal treatment. L'Oreal have a big advertising budget, so expect to hear more about this.

I have to say that despite all the flak Cotsarelis has been getting on forums like this, it's his discoveries that are driving almost all the new treatments we're hearing about.

It all comes from his discovery that bald scalp still has as many stem cells as non-balding, and that those cells just aren't being activated. First PGD2, now this stuff. I don't personally believe this will work but the theory is solid - look for a way to coax the stem cells into hair cells.

And it's coming quite fast - that original discovery wasn't very long ago.

I honestly believe for the next generation baldness will be a choice (and then swiftly lose its stigma). I'm just afraid it'll be too late for us guys and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post

This IS the L'Oreal treatment. L'Oreal have a big advertising budget, so expect to hear more about this.

I have to say that despite all the flak Cotsarelis has been getting on forums like this, it's his discoveries that are driving almost all the new treatments we're hearing about.

It all comes from his discovery that bald scalp still has as many stem cells as non-balding, and that those cells just aren't being activated. First PGD2, now this stuff. I don't personally believe this will work but the theory is solid - look for a way to coax the stem cells into hair cells.

I honestly believe for the next generation baldness will be a choice (and then swiftly lose its stigma). I'm just afraid it'll be too late for us guys and girls.
    You are spot on Pate. Spot on. I too hope it won't be too late for us, currently balding men and women...

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    Why not? It would be awesome if he embraced it and styled it so it didn't look bad. It would be a wonderful thing to help do away with the public stigma in general.

Kinda like the whole sports figures bringing about the light beer revolution.
    not true look at his dad...princes just cant shave it

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post

gho now, loreal later...... if you're nw7... get a few gho treatments and shave your head until you're done all of them, or until something comes out

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    not true look at his dad...princes just cant shave it
    whats not true?

He's of the old guard. William should take the bull by the horns.

Prince William looks mostly like a diffuse thinner. Even now, a significant amount of his hairline is still intact. He would have been a perfect candidate for fin maintenance....why did he not go on meds years ago?

Maybe he had side effects? Maybe he doesn't believe in screwing with his hormones to fix something that isn't life threatening? <- that is sort of how I feel right now and why I stopped taking the fin. No need to risk something, regardless of its low percentage, if theres really nothing wrong. We'll see how I feel when she's a lot more thin heh

...and if his hot wife doesn't care maybe he can get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Prince William looks mostly like a diffuse thinner. Even now, a significant amount of his hairline is still intact. He would have been a perfect candidate for fin maintenance....why did he not go on meds years ago?
    people need to understand that unfortunately Fin doesn't work for many, not even for maintenance