+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Hairline and temples are cosmetically more important than anywhere else on your scalp. There are very few surgeons I would let handle those areas, and Gho is not one of them, regeneration or no.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Hairline and temples are cosmetically more important than anywhere else on your scalp. There are very few surgeons I would let handle those areas, and Gho is not one of them, regeneration or no.
    I don't agree at all. Crown is as important as the hairline, even more I think.

Nothing worse than looking 'good' from the front, then as soon as you turn around 'surprise surprise' a big bald crown.

Talk about turning off the cute girl you were talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by LPSboxing View Post

Nothing worse than looking 'good' from the front, then as soon as you turn around 'surprise surprise' a big bald crown.

I think the point is that it only takes a reasonably good doctor to deal with crown cases; it takes a world class doctor to skillfully craft a natural-looking hairline.

I think part of the "problem" with Gho hairlines is that he doesn't do 6000 graft mega sessions. He can do 2000 - 2500 grafts max a year to assure proper healing. Many patients he can only do even less than that. Nobody, save maybe a NW2, is going to get an Alvi Armani hairline with 2000 grafts.

Gho can give reasonable looking hairlines in one session though.

[IMG]http://www.*************/hair-loss/img/uploaded/2879_image1134.jpg[/IMG]

That is Wes Sneijder. He isn't going to become a hair model anytime soon, but any balding man that says that that hairline isn't good enough is just greedy and/or delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by LPSboxing View Post

Fair enough, I agree a significantly balding or bald crown is quite bad cosmetically, especially for younger guys. But if I had to choose between using my precious donor to fill the crown (which eats up a lot of grafts even without too much density) or to frame the face, I'll go with option 2 every time.
    I say this because there are more and better non-surgical options for the crown than in the temples and hairline. It responds better to meds, you can get away easier with using concealers there, and in a worse case scenario you can even wear a partial system (detectability is less of a concern if your hairline and temples are real-- at least you won't have mesh poking out the front like Travolta)

/\

Crown is still most important for me as before I had/knew about hairloss it was only people with bare crowns, not receding hairlines that I'd tag as balding.

Last year my parents made me take a Christmas picture with my brothers in outside on vacation and I couldn't believe how bald my front looked. It looked awful. That's when I realized how much hair I had lost in the past two years. Unfortunately, I think altering one's hormones with fin is dangerous so I won't get a HT until there is some solution to maintaining what is left.