+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Treating a person like a leper is not "giving them a hard time". It's very different. You would know it when you feel it. Doctor's usually do not but people in general out and about in the real world do. You can feel all their eyes on you as they are wondering what is wrong with you.

This reminds me of those tribes that believe a camera can steal your soul. Maybe they were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Treating a person like a leper is not "giving them a hard time". It's very different. You would know it when you feel it. Doctor's usually do not but people in general out and about in the real world do. You can feel all their eyes on you as they are wondering what is wrong with you.
    Your describing people who have no manners-typically low on the education poll and don't know any better. They do the same thing to people who have had a bad accident or otherwise have some different about their face or body. While those people are out there, just remember the whole world doesn't think that way.

Quote Originally Posted by 8868alex View Post
    even if you get a good feedback from this, it won't neccesarily mean you are in the clear as this could change in 5 - 10 years time. The crucial issue is then, what your plan of attack for arresting further loss will be?
    Thanks for your feedback alex! My goal would be to get a HT to shore up my hairline now, and hopefully keep it looking good for 5-10 years. If it got worse again, I'd either get another transplant, with a more local doctor as their ability would matter far less in a non-hairline surgery, or I'd be banking on the success of new treatments to save my ass. I will stay on minoxidil and Nizoral and maybe some other supplements to give me a better chance.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    If Gho or even Dr Cole, regenerate 70%+ hair of donor hair then it is worth getting a HT, because that way, you will essentially not lose any hair, but gain hair. Which will happen with a traditional hair transplant due to donor hair being depleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xapYyuI0lVA

Video of Gho being interviewed by Spencer. Covers many of the basics.
    The problem here is, even if Gho is able to regenerate donor hair, is he good at hairlines? Because my choice ultimately comes down to who performs the best hairline. I'd rather use up more donor hair than have a bad hairline.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    The problem here is, even if Gho is able to regenerate donor hair, is he good at hairlines? Because my choice ultimately comes down to who performs the best hairline. I'd rather use up more donor hair than have a bad hairline.
    Check out Scissorboy

IMO - No he isn't and this is the same concern I am having.

But the way you have to look at it the hairline will be improved either way. Just need to style it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    The problem here is, even if Gho is able to regenerate donor hair, is he good at hairlines?
    The examples I have seen of Dr. Gho's work does show that he is as good as many other gifted hair restoration doctors. Dr. Gho still has not proven that he can regenerate donor hair though. So the question is; is it worth the additional expense to go to Dr. Gho without that proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The examples I have seen of Dr. Gho's work does show that he is as good as many other gifted hair restoration doctors. Dr. Gho still has not proven that he can regenerate donor hair though. So the question is; is it worth the additional expense to go to Dr. Gho without that proof?
    Apparently he has written extensively about his techniques.

HT doctors aside from Dr Cole (who is regenerating donor hair too), are not treating his work with an open mind.

That is the issue here.

I have looked at the patients on Dr. Gho's website and none of their hairlines have the natural or artistic look of the Shapiro Medical Group, or Dr. Bernstein for that matter.
    I know all the Gho acolytes will cry that he's regenerating hair so it doesn't matter and the end result will be more hair but he still hasn't proven that he can do this to most peoples satisfaction.
    As for "Scissor Boy" he's a hair stylist so he probably spends an inordinate amount of time making his hair look perfect and if you look at his original videos on YT he hadn't lost that much hair to begin with.
    Hair transplants are equal part science and art!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    HT doctors aside from Dr Cole (who is regenerating donor hair too), are not treating his work with an open mind.
    They are treating the issue with an appropriately skeptical mind. As they should... As am I... As should everyone... Trust me, I want it to be true but the evidence is not there yet.

Dr. Cole has not yet proven he is regenerating donor hair either.