Threaded View

Thumbs up

Chrisis -

I hear what you are saying mate and I know you've been back and forth with this. The suggestion to get a minaturisation study is good, but you are still a young man and even if you get a good feedback from this, it won't neccesarily mean you are in the clear as this could change in 5 - 10 years time. The crucial issue is then, what your plan of attack for arresting further loss will be? I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with Propecia but the bottom line is this - If a guy your age is not taking Finasteride (assuming you are a good responder), then not only do you risk shock loss, but you are leaving yourself exposed to the full expression of your genetics. You do a good job of styling and in all honesty, the person who will most notice any percieved post surgical improvement in terms of aesthetic will be you (which by the way, I believe to still be a valid reason to go ahead). If you don't have a family history of progressive hair loss and you are committed to it, then I say all the best. Perhaps Aderans, Histogen, Replicel, etc will arrive in time to help you out, should you proceed with the surgery and encounter problems on the other hand. I'm hoping this is the case.Whatever you do, get several proffessional opinions before moving forward.

As for you letting your decision be influenced in part to an online image?

"You are not you Facebook Profile Picture" (a little Tyler Durdenism, lol!.)

Seriously though, think it through!