+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default One photo/ one decision

I was tagged in a photo on Facebook that basically confirmed my wish to have a hair transplant. I've been wrestling with it for months, but it's amazing what one photo can do.

In the pic, I'm drunk and clearly have lost the ability to care about my hair, which has totally fallen out of its usual style.

Anyone ever had a similar moment of realisation? The only fears remaining are money and scarring... also a little apprehensive about the "ugly duckling" phase

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I was tagged in a photo on Facebook that basically confirmed my wish to have a hair transplant. I've been wrestling with it for months, but it's amazing what one photo can do.

In the pic, I'm drunk and clearly have lost the ability to care about my hair, which has totally fallen out of its usual style.

Anyone ever had a similar moment of realisation? The only fears remaining are money and scarring... also a little apprehensive about the "ugly duckling" phase
    You're lucky in that you could probably hide it for the most part with a bit of clever styling.

It does seem that you'd be a good HT candidate, but you would to go for a miniturisation study just to make sure things are likely to get worse further down the road.

If it's not, you could definitely get great results.

I'm curious if you hope to use anything in order to maintain post-transplant, besides minox.

Anyone ever had a similar moment of realisation?
    The extent of my hair loss became evident to me almost two decades ago when I saw pictures from a wedding I attended. I had no idea it was as bad as it was before seeing those pictures. My life basically ended the day I saw those pictures. I cried for months/years afterwords and eventually became a hermit for almost a decade before I found help from the American Hair Loss Association.

Quote Originally Posted by stratofortress View Post
    You're lucky in that you could probably hide it for the most part with a bit of clever styling.

It does seem that you'd be a good HT candidate, but you would to go for a miniturisation study just to make sure things are likely to get worse further down the road.

If it's not, you could definitely get great results.
    Thanks! How do I get a miniaturisation study?

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    I'm curious if you hope to use anything in order to maintain post-transplant, besides minox.
    Just minoxidil, unless anything else comes out which may help. Propecia is poisonous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The extent of my hair loss became evident to me almost two decades ago when I saw pictures from a wedding I attended. I had no idea it was as bad as it was before seeing those pictures. My life basically ended the day I saw those pictures. I cried for months/years afterwords and eventually became a hermit for almost a decade before I found help from the American Hair Loss Association.
    Glad you got it sorted I foresee looking back at this pic in particular and being happy with my decision... I hope...

I had an interesting moment last weekend. Just to give some background I've always been kinda fat and had long long curly hair(I loved it, people thought it looked stupid) but over the past year I started working out and now I'm actually decently buff. I also cut my hair and it looks quite nice(I can hide the loss perfectly, woo curly hair).

But anyways we were out for my friends 21st birthday and for the first time in my entire life I was getting attention from girls. Random attractive girls were coming up to me at the bar and trying to talk to me, one even offered to buy me a drink. My friend Liz even told me how good I look these days and how my new hair cut looks so good.

It's funny I thought a night like this would reassure me that everything will be alright and that hair isn't everything. But I just don't think I'm ready to give up that feeling I had. I mean I should be allowed to have confidence and be attractive for my 20's, that's not too much to as is it?

So after months and months of trying to tell myself that propecia is not worth the risk that even a 1% risk to kill your sex life is not worth it. I mean as a virgin how horrible would it be to loose it before I got it. But I have to try, so I got my prescription and I'm gonna start on .25mg for a month and then move up to .5mg and stay there. Wish me luck.

And to end my long winded and poorly written post I just wanted to thank Chrisis. Of all the members here your story and your posts have helped me the most and even though I'm now going to try propecia it was very important to me to be aware of what i was doing.

I wouldnt recommend HT due to the invasive nature of the procedure. But i guess if you think it will help your problem, then you can try??

Why dont you go to Dr Gho.

Dr Cole, is regenerating hair. So I have a strong feeling dr gho is too.

Dr Cole willing to investigate Dr Gho's technique says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr779 View Post
    And to end my long winded and poorly written post I just wanted to thank Chrisis. Of all the members here your story and your posts have helped me the most and even though I'm now going to try propecia it was very important to me to be aware of what i was doing.
    Thanks! It's nice to know my posts here have helped someone I do try to keep a balanced view of Propecia, despite my experience. Hope it works out for you. I really would suggest keeping a libido diary, as sad as it sounds. My sides creeped up on me and it took quite a major incident for me to realise how much damage had been done. On the other hand, obsessing about it may trigger a psychosomatic response, so try not to think about it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    I wouldnt recommend HT due to the invasive nature of the procedure. But i guess if you think it will help your problem, then you can try??
    Yeah it's invasive, but my receding hairline is invasive...
    I am most worried about the scar, but it's a risk I have to take. Surely I can't be as unlucky with scarring as I was with Propecia...

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Why dont you go to Dr Gho.

Dr Cole, is regenerating hair. So I have a strong feeling dr gho is too.

Dr Cole willing to investigate Dr Gho's technique says a lot.
    I don't know enough about what Dr Gho is doing. I'd consider it if I had more information.

I don't know enough about what Dr Gho is doing. I'd consider it if I had more information.
    Yeah, might be worth holding off a bit until the end of the year.

As you are not using propecia, your donor hair is valuable.

If Gho or even Dr Cole, regenerate 70%+ hair of donor hair then it is worth getting a HT, because that way, you will essentially not lose any hair, but gain hair. Which will happen with a traditional hair transplant due to donor hair being depleted.

Also, there is a good chance Histogen will be on the market in the next 3 years.