+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Question for people in UK

Has anyone used the Boots hair retention programme?
    What is it like?
    What drug do they give you?

Thank You

Hi Mark,

I joined the hair retention programme with Boots. They give you propecia for £90 (12 weeks) and review with pharmacist to ensure the drug is right for you and working. Besides the quarterly check-ups, it is the most cost effective way to get propecia in the UK. You can also get money off hair loss products like regaine. I would advise you to buy minoxidil in the US though.

Regards,

Zack

That is still an extortionate price for Propecia (Finesteride 1mg) ! Many guys in the UK have obtained Proscar (Finesteride 5mg) from Dr Ashcroft for many years now at a much lower cost. 15 months supply for approx £120. He used to be my GP and is a wealth of knowledge on the subject as has been on the drug himself 15 years+ - His info is on my web site. You can also get Proscar online from a variety of legit sources.

IMHO the Boots program is a hair scam as all the products they sell you can all be obtain at a snip of the cost elsewhere - Any experience UK vet will only confirm this.

Proscar is exactly the same drug as Propecia - you just need to break it into 5ths which really isn't that difficult: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UUjPNTr9eM

Hi Spex,

I agree, Proscar is more cost effective. I would not go as far as calling the boots programme a scam, as to buy propecia only in the UK is £32 for 28 tablets. When you add a private prescription on top, it'll make it nearly £60.
    Boots offers the actual propecia (not generic) at £90 for three months, which is reasonable. I was a bit wary about online sites but i think in the longer term I might switch to the generic. Any reputable sites where this can be obtained? How do you find it is working for you?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    That is still an extortionate price for Propecia (Finesteride 1mg) ! Many guys in the UK have obtained Proscar (Finesteride 5mg) from Dr Ashcroft for many years now at a much lower cost. 15 months supply for approx £120. He used to be my GP and is a wealth of knowledge on the subject as has been on the drug himself 15 years+ - His info is on my web site. You can also get Proscar online from a variety of legit sources.

IMHO the Boots program is a hair scam as all the products they sell you can all be obtain at a snip of the cost elsewhere - Any experience UK vet will only confirm this.

Proscar is exactly the same drug as Propecia - you just need to break it into 5ths which really isn't that difficult: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UUjPNTr9eM
    Hi thanks for the reply

Is it legal to prescribe medication to people who are not on your doctors list?

It seems fishy. I'm not saying the guy is a fraud but on the off-chance that the proscar is counterfit and doesn't work.... well at this stage I just can't risk it...

Did his Proscar work for you?

Hi Mark
    Go see your own GP first as you can get Proscar for next to nothing as i know a few guys who are doing this.
    I will be visiting my GP once my current supply needs replenishing.
    Cheers bm.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Hi Mark
    Go see your own GP first as you can get Proscar for next to nothing as i know a few guys who are doing this.
    I will be visiting my GP once my current supply needs replenishing.
    Cheers bm.
    Cheers bigmac

you live in sunderland?
    small world.. so do i

LOL -You can run a search on any forum Ashcroft is 100% legit and has helped MANY guys in the UK get the legit brand. Most GP's have not even heard of Propecia/Proscar - The proscar i have been getting from Dr ashcroft for a very long time has held my mid/crown solid since i started taking it 9 years ago.

Just offering you a cheap legit source from a very knowledgeable GP who has a great deal of experience with the drug himself. Use him or not - entirely upto you.

Going off the info you provided on the other topic..

I can say without a shadow of doubt that it has not helped one iota. I am almost completely bald now which should not be the case had the medicine done what it is supposed to.
    I bought it from a website which seems legit. My doctor would not prescribe it for me
    Maybe your GP has no knowledge on it either (which is very common) -Although you mentioned it was doing no good for you on the other topic mate.. so may well not be worth investing in further..

Have you looked into DUT as its a stronger DHT inhibitor.

I am sure Bigmac will only be too happy to meet up with you and give you his opinion.

All the best
    Last edited by Spex; 04-22-2009 at 01:19 AM.

Hi Mark

Drop me a pm on here if you want to meet for a beer.You can see the work i`ve had done and judge for yourself if it looks good.

As Spex says Dr Ashcroft is legit and he is cheaper than most online suppliers etc.I`m going to my GP a Guys i talk to get it for something like £60 a year for Proscar.
    Not a huge saving but a saving none the less.

Cheers bm.

Cheers guys

How do i get in touch with Dr Ashcroft?
    I might give it a bash