Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpb47
    • Apr 2012

my hairline pictures at start of FIN

Recently restarted fin (on low infrequent ramp up dose) and wanted starting pics to hopefully show later progress.

Both sides have been receding again, but a lot more on right side for some reason. In that pic you can where part of my scalp is getting shiny and kind of bumpy. This is new and wondering if anyone else has this or knows what it is?

Even with minox it has really gone back over the past year-that is why I believe you can't depend on minox for the front- at least not for any length of time. I once had really good results with Fin in the front, so hoping I can get lucky again.

What NW stage do I have ? Thanks...
    Attached Files
  • stratofortress
    • Oct 2011

3A/4 maybe (just a guess) How are things at the back?

Comment

• Jan 2012

how old are you?

Comment

• mpb47
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by stratofortress
        Vertex thinning as well though minox does a better job back there.

Comment

• mpb47
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by 2020
          how old are you?
          47 - why does it look that bad?

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by mpb47
            47 - why does it look that bad?
            it doesn't? Didn't you say you started balding at 17?

Comment

• mpb47
              • Apr 2012

it doesn't? Didn't you say you started balding at 17?
              That is when I first noticed it , but when I was 14 going on 15 I got a haircut by my mom's stylist. At the of end of the cut she called my mom over and told her I was starting to recede at my cowlick. I don't think my mom believed her so maybe 14, 17 for sure.

Comment

• Jan 2012

That is when I first noticed it , but when I was 14 going on 15 I got a haircut by my mom's stylist. At the of end of the cut she called my mom over and told her I was starting to recede at my cowlick. I don't think my mom believed her so maybe 14, 17 for sure.
                so in 20-30 you've only receeded this much? This has to be the slowest MPB ever

Comment

• mpb47
                  • Apr 2012

so in 20-30 you've only receeded this much? This has to be the slowest MPB ever
                  Yea for around 30 years now.

Well it initially receded then just stopped. Around 30 or so it started up again. Only this time it started to creep back and thin as well. Vertex around mid late 30's.

Bad thing about the slowness is you don't think anything is happening and then it kinda of sneaks up on you.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                    • Oct 2011

Bad thing about the slowness is you don't think anything is happening and then it kinda of sneaks up on you.
                    I mentioned this in my intro post.

When I realized I was losing my hair in October 2011 I looked back through photos and the oldest I had digitally available immediately was from December 2007 and yep. Now that I know what I'm looking at, every single picture since then I can see the progression.

Comment

• mpb47
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
                      I mentioned this in my intro post.

When I realized I was losing my hair in October 2011 I looked back through photos and the oldest I had digitally available immediately was from December 2007 and yep. Now that I know what I'm looking at, every single picture since then I can see the progression.
                      If it's gradual, you often don't notice it till you see an old picture. I saw picture of me and and a old girlfriend and that is when I realized how much it had gone back. It sort of shocked and embarrassed me at the same time. But just remember you are probably see it worse than what others see it. I had that happen at work recently and it made me feel somewhat better about my hair. 2 of the women were were planning birthday party's for the rest of the year for the employees. One of them says to me that they just realized that I was like 6 years older than Mike (another employee) and they though it was the other way around. Of course I asked why they thought that and she replied that it was because I have a baby face and I am not bald. I felt good that I could still pull it off with careful combing but I did feel bad for Mike and would never say anything to him about it.

But stuff like that makes me want to do my best to try and hold off mpb as long as I can.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                        • Oct 2011

If it's gradual, you often don't notice it till you see an old picture. I saw picture of me and and a old girlfriend and that is when I realized how much it had gone back. It sort of shocked and embarrassed me at the same time. But just remember you are probably see it worse than what others see it. I had that happen at work recently and it made me feel somewhat better about my hair. 2 of the women were were planning birthday party's for the rest of the year for the employees. One of them says to me that they just realized that I was like 6 years older than Mike (another employee) and they though it was the other way around. Of course I asked why they thought that and she replied that it was because I have a baby face and I am not bald. I felt good that I could still pull it off with careful combing but I did feel bad for Mike and would never say anything to him about it.

But stuff like that makes me want to do my best to try and hold off mpb as long as I can.
                        Last year we hired a new guy at work who took my place as the youngest of the system admins. I'm 32 he's 27. He looks older then me but not in a bad older kind of way. I just have a youthful face too...but of course theBALDING is occuring and funnily enough (funny? bleh) I noticed this last week he's thinning.

Comment

• mpb47
                          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
                          Last year we hired a new guy at work who took my place as the youngest of the system admins. I'm 32 he's 27. He looks older then me but not in a bad older kind of way. I just have a youthful face too...but of course theBALDING is occuring and funnily enough (funny? bleh) I noticed this last week he's thinning.
                          Well I work with mostly women so not too much mpb. But out of the 4 or 5 guys there, we all have it.

I did not like looking young as a kid as I was teased about that . But now I will take what I can get!

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by stratofortress
                            Everyone can't be a 3. I was told i'm a 3.5 by 2020. Check my thread to see where i'm at.

Comment

• mpb47
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                              Everyone can't be a 3. I was told i'm a 3.5 by 2020. Check my thread to see where i'm at.
                              You side views look very good . Your right side looks normal. Left looks like you have recession, maybe a 3. Front side is hard to tell because hair is so short but left side looks more receded maybe a 3 again.

I know you said you didn't want to, but you can often put up the appearance of having much more hair by letting it grow out somewhat , but not too much.
                              Yes it will contrast thin areas in the back but you let the hair right outside the thin area grow slightly longer and do a very small combover for that one area.
                              As long as you don't let it get too long it will work. Also blow drying does something to enhance the fullness-along with some hairspray. You see what my hairline really looks like after receding for 30 years, so I have added this fuzzy pic taken 3 months ago to show what it looks like when it is combed into place. It doesn't fool everyone, but still better than slicking my hair back like in the other pictures. Consider giving it a shot...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...