+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    I mentioned this in my intro post.

When I realized I was losing my hair in October 2011 I looked back through photos and the oldest I had digitally available immediately was from December 2007 and yep. Now that I know what I'm looking at, every single picture since then I can see the progression.
    If it's gradual, you often don't notice it till you see an old picture. I saw picture of me and and a old girlfriend and that is when I realized how much it had gone back. It sort of shocked and embarrassed me at the same time. But just remember you are probably see it worse than what others see it. I had that happen at work recently and it made me feel somewhat better about my hair. 2 of the women were were planning birthday party's for the rest of the year for the employees. One of them says to me that they just realized that I was like 6 years older than Mike (another employee) and they though it was the other way around. Of course I asked why they thought that and she replied that it was because I have a baby face and I am not bald. I felt good that I could still pull it off with careful combing but I did feel bad for Mike and would never say anything to him about it.

But stuff like that makes me want to do my best to try and hold off mpb as long as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    If it's gradual, you often don't notice it till you see an old picture. I saw picture of me and and a old girlfriend and that is when I realized how much it had gone back. It sort of shocked and embarrassed me at the same time. But just remember you are probably see it worse than what others see it. I had that happen at work recently and it made me feel somewhat better about my hair. 2 of the women were were planning birthday party's for the rest of the year for the employees. One of them says to me that they just realized that I was like 6 years older than Mike (another employee) and they though it was the other way around. Of course I asked why they thought that and she replied that it was because I have a baby face and I am not bald. I felt good that I could still pull it off with careful combing but I did feel bad for Mike and would never say anything to him about it.

But stuff like that makes me want to do my best to try and hold off mpb as long as I can.
    Last year we hired a new guy at work who took my place as the youngest of the system admins. I'm 32 he's 27. He looks older then me but not in a bad older kind of way. I just have a youthful face too...but of course theBALDING is occuring and funnily enough (funny? bleh) I noticed this last week he's thinning.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    Last year we hired a new guy at work who took my place as the youngest of the system admins. I'm 32 he's 27. He looks older then me but not in a bad older kind of way. I just have a youthful face too...but of course theBALDING is occuring and funnily enough (funny? bleh) I noticed this last week he's thinning.
    Well I work with mostly women so not too much mpb. But out of the 4 or 5 guys there, we all have it.

I did not like looking young as a kid as I was teased about that . But now I will take what I can get!

Quote Originally Posted by stratofortress View Post
    3A/4 maybe (just a guess) How are things at the back?
    Everyone can't be a 3. I was told i'm a 3.5 by 2020. Check my thread to see where i'm at.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Everyone can't be a 3. I was told i'm a 3.5 by 2020. Check my thread to see where i'm at.
    You side views look very good . Your right side looks normal. Left looks like you have recession, maybe a 3. Front side is hard to tell because hair is so short but left side looks more receded maybe a 3 again.

I know you said you didn't want to, but you can often put up the appearance of having much more hair by letting it grow out somewhat , but not too much.
    Yes it will contrast thin areas in the back but you let the hair right outside the thin area grow slightly longer and do a very small combover for that one area.
    As long as you don't let it get too long it will work. Also blow drying does something to enhance the fullness-along with some hairspray. You see what my hairline really looks like after receding for 30 years, so I have added this fuzzy pic taken 3 months ago to show what it looks like when it is combed into place. It doesn't fool everyone, but still better than slicking my hair back like in the other pictures. Consider giving it a shot...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fronthair.jpg

Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	15600