+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

I am 19 days post-op from my 390 grafts. On Day 5, i almost didnt see any scar because of the little hairs and scabs that made things blend. However, by the second week most of the hairs started falling off with the scabs and now the scar appears similar to what it did before the surgery.

Neguy. Does this sound similar to your experience?

At this point its just a waiting game. I am going to try to grow my hair long to give me some relief until the hairs grow in.

I got a question for Wiley and Northeastguy. I am at day 57 waiting for my fue into scar to grow. I am trying to debate is it better to wear your hair long and hide a scar or keep it short and wear a hat? At this point my scar is too disfiguring to go out in public at a 1 guard. I am trying to be a man about it but I'm not sure which is the better evil. I hope I get good growth because at this point I refuse to grow my hair long when I look 10X better with short hair.

Hi northeast guy,

Does your beard area still look good this day (no dot scars)?

Did Dr Cole ever tell you why your beard hair never grew into your scar? Im scared this will happen to me, except mine are FUE scars, not FUT scars. I simply want to get rid of dot scars.

Northeast guy, thanks for sharing, do you have any updates on your progress??

I am considering the same path. I am worried the FUE extracting will leave scarring, I am considering 150-200 scalp FUE into the scar. Did your FUE leave noticeable scars?

Bump

How is your progress southeastguy??

I am 9 months post op. The FUE Scars i can't even notice at a .5 guard and I did 390 grafts. I am doing another session, but the growth I got is around 75%. This FUE has given me some hope that I can get to a 1 guard someday and be at peace.

Good to hear southeast guy. You mentioned you can't see the FUE scars at .5 length but then said you wish to get to a 1 guard length- does this mean your FUE was extracted from a location you shave at a lower grade?? Or did you previously shave to a .5 to evaluate your results??

I have a scar that is very thin, maybe 1-2mm, but it's ear to ear. I am nervous about FUE and the possibility of more scars on my head. I was considering a test of 10 beard grafts first.

It sounds like grafting into your scar has been beneficial, would you say there is a significant improvement in concealment ??

Atlas20,

I said that the FUE scars I can't see at all. I know what to look for and I can't see them. It looks like a hair was tweezed and it never grew back. I don't even see any scars. Maybe at a 0 guard you can see something, but other than that there is really nothing. Its not even in the same stratosphere as a strip scar. Don't do beard hairs. I would go to a trusted Doctor, I went to Shapiro medical, and have them do a couple hundred scalp FUE into your scar. The FUE scars, if you want to call them that, don't make a difference either way. It usually takes 2-3 sessions to get a great result because of a number of factors (lower density, upper edge of scar hair too thick). Yes, it helped. Im still a long way to go but I'm a lot better than when I started.

Thanks again for the reply southeastguy,

Why would you suggest against beard grafts?? My scar is so thin i feel it is even two follicles wide at some parts, but the linear shape draws the attention. Either way, I think I'd have to do a 10 graft FUE test session to check how it would scar before proceeding with 100+ grafts.

I just think if you have the scalp available it will have a better chance to survive and match the other hairs on your head. NEguy said his beard didnt grow. Regardless of how wide or thin it is you need the hair in there to break it up. My point was even 300-400 FUE scars aren't even noticeable to a trained eye. So if you did 150-200 it won't make a mouse fart of a difference. If you want to try 10 go ahead. But my suggestion is go for the 150-200 and try to make some progress rather than waiting a year to see that 7 out of 10 hairs grew and your back at square one.