+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Looks good so far man, seems that the bloodflow is really helping that scar tissue's color out. It will be exciting as time moves along, thanks for the update NEguy.

Default 110 days out..... seeing some good growth.

Well I wasn't really planning to post any new updates untill my 4 month mark but I am seeing some great growth at this point and wanted to share some photo's. The pics are of my upper scar and I also included a nice before shot. The lower scar has rediculous growth and I wonder if it's because it stayed pink and had good blood supply the entire time? I'll post photo's of that at 4 months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	before rt side upper scar.jpg

Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	17069   Click image for larger version

Name:	rt side upper scar.jpg

Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	17070   Click image for larger version

Name:	lt side upper scar.jpg

Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	17071  

Good stuff NEguy, thanks for showing us the before pic as we can see the improvement you have made thus far. The left side I don't think you can even tell a difference between the HT hairs and the real hairs, is the scar thinner on the left where you took the pic? Looks great though man and I think the scars color looks even better than the previous weeks, one more pass and I think you will have that 1 grade for sure.

Coming along nicely. It has been my experience that grafting into strip scars really does improve the color. Grafting can also help reduce the chronic pink color that often results from strip harvesting in some individuals. Hypopigmented scars gain a more normal appearance too.

Default 4 months post op

Thanks Doc for chiming in..... I am at 4 months now. I have a few photo's that show the upper and lower scar. I also posted new cuts with #5 guard (formally #6 was my limit.) at the top and blended down to a #1 guard at the bottom. As far as the scar grafting goes, I'm getting great results and only assume there will be more growth and healthier shafts as time goes on. One thing I notice mostly because my hair over the last 4 months has never been this short is the areas outside of the scars that have decreased density. I am thinking this might be a form of permanent shock loss from the previous strip surgeries? It is this issue that has me thinking of using some aspect of Tricopigmentation to ultimately blend all the work we do together. Still very early and still have another procedure with Dr Cole before I make a decision on that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lt side 130 days.JPG

Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	17345   Click image for larger version

Name:	rt side 130 days.jpg

Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	17346   Click image for larger version

Name:	upper scar rt side 130 days.jpg

Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	17347   Click image for larger version

Name:	upper scar center 130 days.jpg

Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	17348   Click image for larger version

Name:	lower scar 130 days.jpg

Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	17349   Click image for larger version

Name:	density.jpg

Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	17350  

Wow bro, that looks great! I am happy for ya and only 4 months, another year and you will be done for good. At this point though no one would ever notice those scars at a 2 guard, must feel great for ya, thanks for uploading those pics man, take care.

True story NE guy, but what grade are you at...it looked like a 2 grade...

she uses a #5 at the top and blends it down to a #1 at the bottom.

Since the lowest you wanna wear your hair is a 1 guard I feel you almost have an advantage with two scars as the eye doesn't focus on either one if that makes since. If that is a 1 at the bottom then I have been covering my scar with a 1 guard not a 1 1/2 so that's good news but still it looks like it is close to a 2 guard to me by the scars..... but either way it doesn't matter as it is coming along nicely and I think another round will end the HT thing for ya for good, how much more growth can be expected? If 50 percent more or so I think you may be able to take it down to a 1 guard after this scar grafting...

On December 18th I'll have hit the 6 month mark. My last haircut I was able to take my hair down with a #4 guard. Prior to the Grafting I was able to use a 6 guard and that's about it. All in all, good progress.
    The top scar remains pretty flat and the color is good. Bottom scar is still slightly raised but the color has improved somewhat. My plan right now is to use a derma roller for a while to see if I get color improvement. I tried using silicone gel but it makes to much of a mess. After 8 months I'll consider seeing a plastics MD to do Steroid injections in the scar if he feels it will improve the scars height. Another option is to do nothing with the scars since they are going to go another round of grafting.
    I'll take some photo's after my next cut. I may consider taking my hair down with a 3 guard at the 8 month period but I notice a lot of inconsistent density from the strip surgery's so it might be hard to hide that. This is were I think Trico might be helpfully if I still plan to use a 1 guard. I can't see any other option to blend the density other than using a large number of beard grafts and right now I don't think that's a road I want to go down. Times on my side right now so no need to rush my options at this point.