+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Sounds good,

The graft test session would be just to see the donor scarring from FUE, if it's subtle and unnoticable on me then I'd be ok with 150-200 grafts. I wish I could see in person someone that has done it.

I saw SMP in person last week in NYC on someone getting scar treatment, I thought it looked good at blending the scar. Although I will say I could see the difference in texture of the scar vs normal skin when in bright light. This was at a permanent SMP location, it seems everyone here vouches for temporary SMP. Is there a strong argument against permanent SMP?

I did SMP and was disappointed because it frankly was a waste of time before you do the FUE. I would only try SMP with Nicole at SMG or Eric at Aheadink. SMP doesn't address volume loss and really only answers maybe 10% of the problem if that much. 90% of the problem is the volume loss which the fue addresses.

I've had two consults with HT doctors up here in the New York area, both suggested against beard or body hair for scar grafting. I'm not ready to try scalp FUE as surgery and pinpoint white scars sway me away from that approach, I'd really need to see someone who's had FUE in person to properly gauge how considerable the FUE scarring is...

I have a Fraxel test session in about a month. I've come across positive feedback on that, I'll be sure to share my outcome.

Northeast guy, can you share where you went to for pulse dye laser?? Was this Vbeam? This type of laser seems a lot more rare to come by. I have a consult at the end of this month for Vbeam, although they probably haven't seen many strip scars, would be good to check with a place that has experience. Thanks.

Hi southeastguy for your valuable feedback , i am in same situation as you were , I have a FUT scar and i wanna conceal it ..with Fue

I would be starting my journey most probably from next month ..I just wanted to know your final result .

Is your scar better now ?
    Are you able to cut your hairs very short ?
    How much % growth you see ?
    Your hairdresser able to notice anykind of linear scarring ?

Please help me with above question...

Hiw

The hair is growing in the scar at like 75% rate i would say. Best decision i have made in my life. I will probably need 3rd fue but its worth it. I will cut to a 1 guard one day and do it with dignity.

Thanks man ..really happy for you

Is it possible for you to share your before and current pics please .. i want to see how similar scar we have

I don't know how to do photos. I went with Dr. Joe at Shapiro Medical. I would say a 1 guard is a possible goal. Below that is going to be very difficult. Even at a 1 guard it likely won't be perfect. But it will be to the point where you can go out in public and hopefully it won't stand out in the crowd.

My scar was similar to NEGUY top scar. It really doesn't matter what you have. Big, small who gives a crap. Just do a couple of sessions and hope for the best result.

Guys, my ultimate goal is fue into scar but for some immediate relief if I get temporary smp into the scar will it not make it difficult for the doctor to place fue into my scar in say a few months from now ?

I would not do SMP. I did 3 FUE into scar with Dr. Joe at Shapiro. The results are great and im very happy. Message me back with any questions.