+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Click image for larger version

Name:	pre with 2 guard cut.jpg

Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	54578

I want to start with this photo as a reminder of where I started. this was taken the day prior to my first procedure with Dr Cole. It is a 2 guard cut.

the last couple of years I have been experimenting with SMP at Shapiro's clinic with Nicole. She is exceptional at SMP. We learned the best option for my situation is using the Temporary SMP. It is a better fit for my skin tone. That will be used going forward unless there are changes.
    I also did some FUE work with Dr Ron and Dr Joe. We did one small pass into the upper scar but most of the work was to thin out the hair along the scar line and add hair to the Top sides to pull everything together. I am only 8 months from that procedure so I have a few more months of growth to go. Unless there is ever the ability to clone, I am done with surgery. Temping to add beard to scalp areas but that wasn't what I started out trying to achieve during the scar repair. The focus will be on SMP going forward.

Name:	pre smp.jpg

Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	54579

This photo is Pre SMP on 10/17. It is all FUE work.... hopefully it continues to improve and fill in as time goes on.

Name:	2days postsmp.jpg

Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	54582

Took this 2 days post SMP.

Name:	update smp2.jpg

Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	54580

Name:	updatesmp.jpg

Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	54581

Took these today after a haircut one with flash. again, it is a 1.5 guard length. 4.5mm

I will let it grow for a week and get a 2 guard cut to compare results..... I will share them here in a week or so.

..... hope this helps

So happy for you man I'm glad you have finally conquered this. Temporary SMP seems great it just kinda sucks you need 1-2 touch ups a year would be super cool if you got something that matched your skin tone for 2-3 years. Either way you've come such a long way I don't think anyone can really tell there was a scar there at the length you keep it at. How does it look at a 0.5 or 1 guard? Is it noticeable?

Would you be able to post a video of how it all looks? Pictures sometimes don't show it looks in real time/real life. I feel like videos capture that a bit better. If you don't mind that is of course. This has been such a help.

Quote Originally Posted by Therealdeal23 View Post
    So happy for you man I'm glad you have finally conquered this. Temporary SMP seems great it just kinda sucks you need 1-2 touch ups a year would be super cool if you got something that matched your skin tone for 2-3 years. Either way you've come such a long way I don't think anyone can really tell there was a scar there at the length you keep it at. How does it look at a 0.5 or 1 guard? Is it noticeable?
    You're getting yourself all worked up over nothing. No one said you have to go back once or twice a year, other than the practitioner, who is interested in doing as many sessions on you as they can. Don't opt for permanent SMP. Find an experienced practitioner who can do Milena Lardi SMP. Nicole at Shapiro is who I've been to.

Quote Originally Posted by Therealdeal23 View Post
    Would you be able to post a video of how it all looks? Pictures sometimes don't show it looks in real time/real life. I feel like videos capture that a bit better. If you don't mind that is of course. This has been such a help.
    He doesn't need to reply with a video, because THAT IS WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE. Those pictures don't lie, they are clear and reveal just how much his scar has disappeared. I don't even see any evidence there was one there, and NEITHER DOES ANYONE ELSE.

When someone spends night and day obsessing over something stupid like a strip scar, you go to bed every night with visions of strip scars dancing in your head. When there is a traffic jam on the way to work, it's because there is a giant strip scar in the middle of the road holding everyone up. When your boss smiles at you as he walks away, he is secretly laughing at your strip scar.

What I think might be beneficial for a lot of people is to either grow a pair or go see a counselor in addition to repairing their strip scars, dependent on how affected they are by it. Why don't you post a picture of your strip scar so we can see if it is even visible?

Not sure why you're attacking me and getting worked up. There's not many cases of this sort so i was just curious to see how well it all came together. I applaud NEguy for sharing this journey and he doesn't have to post a video I never said he did. I simply asked because he has been documenting his journey and helping thousands of patients for years. I'm not saying he doesn't look great and it's not notticeable in those pictures but pictures never tell the whole story. That's why a lot of guys are in this mess because they see transplant pictures that look great. Shit I can take a picture and it seems like I have a full head of hair and I'm not even trying to manipulate it to look like that but it's not the case in real life. Just like SMP places take pictures and it seems like the scar is gone. If NEguy is happy with it that's all that matters I was just simply curious to see how well it truly holds up. It's amazing that he's come this far.

You're right though people who stress about strip scars are losers and need to grow a pair. I shouldnt let it prevent me from having the super low haircut I want despite how hideous it looks. That'll show people I have balls and am not a loser.

Actually it sounds like you are the one getting worked up, not me. Your sarcasm is duly noted. I should have used kid gloves, I forgot. Please accept my apologies. Why don't you post a picture of your hair so we know what it looks like? Northeast guy was nice enough to do so, so maybe you can too? That way we can better understand what we are dealing with.

You're right man.

I'm not here to go back and forth on such a great thread. Thanks for all the updates NEguy.

Dr. Feller is a total dirtbag and a coward for giving me a 25cm scar for 1,600 grafts and not apologizing. I wouldn't go to Feller to get a hair transplant on my dog's stuffed animal chew toy.

I just got my fue into scar today with Dr. Joe at Shapiro Medical Group. 390 grafts to cover a 25cm nightmare. I can't comment on the growth, but I can say that Dr. Joe was a class act. If you are a guy with a Strip Scar that keeps you up at night, call Shapiro Medical Group and give them a chance. I was almost ready to accept my fate of hopelessness. I feel confident that after this session I will go from a #5 to a #2.

I had my scar repaired with Shapiro Medical as well. It was a long time ago and i only had a scar revision with no SMP like people are getting these days, but still i'm very happy indeed with how things turned out and would highly recommend them to anyone wanting scar work.

I had repair work done by Shapiro Medical after getting screwed over by an unscrupulous UK clinic when i was very young. Thankfully i found the forums after spending years living with a butchered head and bad scarring and received help from several great people including Dr Ron, Dr Paul, Bigmac, Janna and Spencer Kobren to name a few. Shapiro Medical changed my life around and gave me back the confidence to do things with my family that most people take for granted.....and for that i will be eternally grateful. I'll add a few pics to see my scar before and after and at various lengths.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bullitnut_2.jpg

Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	54779   Click image for larger version

Name:	jay.jpg

Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	54780   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.jpg

Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	54781   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic21.jpg

Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	54782   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide2-4.jpg

Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	54783  
    all opinions expressed are my own based solely on my own experiences and knowledge, i do not work for any clinic/doctor. 2 bad UK ht's and 1 world class ht with SMG.
    my blog www.hairlosstips.co.uk