+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Good luck buddy! Your story is VERY similiar to mine, so if you don't mind..I'm very interested in this process. Hopefully I'll be doing it soon myself and could use any advice or knowledge that you have gained from this experience. Take care!

Thanks Ron.... Feel free to ask me anything you'd like. Sorry your in the same position I'm in. Hopefully this turns out the way I hope and it will be a good alternative to many of those in our situation. It's not a quick path but with the right help and a little patience I'm feeling quite confident.

Today is day 21... sheading much of the hair at this point. I've included a few photo's including inside and outside light. Top scar is still slightly raised but improving each day. Bottom scar is being a bit stubborn. I've started adding a little antibiotic ointment and hydrocortizone cream 2%. Working close with Dr Cole and seems it's going to be a wait and see approach at this time. Keeping a close watch on it and as long as I see a slight improvement each day I'll be fine. Just wasn't expecting it to be this red and raised at this point post procedure. Donor still looks very good and areas along hairline and top where he grafted looks very natural as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	21day post pa.jpg

Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	15805   Click image for larger version

Name:	21 day lower scar.jpg

Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	15806   Click image for larger version

Name:	21 day upper scar.jpg

Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	15807   Click image for larger version

Name:	back 21day.jpg

Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	15808   Click image for larger version

Name:	21 day RPO.jpg

Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	15809   Click image for larger version

Name:	21 day LPO.jpg

Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	15810  

I am at Day 30 today and other than the slight redness which is taking it's time, most everything is going as planned. Photo's include the upper and lower scar as well as a shot of the back to show a little of the donor area. After a couple more weeks my hair should be long enough to hide the scars again.

My plan is to still go as short as I can with my haircut once this is completed. Realisticly I am looking at a 2nd session and possible Laser to smooth out the texture and blend color between my scalp and scars. I haven't ruled out the use of SMP in the far future if others outcomes continue to show positive results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	top scar.jpg

Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	16034   Click image for larger version

Name:	bottom scar.jpg

Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	16035   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2966.jpg

Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	16036  

Only used aloe on the donor area for first week or so. Healed very fast. No signs of dotting at this point. Lower scar I've used antibacterial ointment and hydrocortisone cream..... not much helped. Decided to leave it alone and eventually it has improved. It is still slightly raised and red at this point but improved.

Hey Northeastguy, looking good man. How is the growth coming? What did you take before the surgery again to help? Is your lower scar improving? Is the upper one pink? I really think that the scars will be difficult to make out at your current length at the end of this and it seems that they were placed in a perfect angle...Anyway man hope all is well.

Update....

Right now I am just over 2 months so 1 more to go before I start seeing some growth. Really not much to report regarding photo's so I'll save those for month 3. The top scar is basically returned to its normal texture and condition. the bottom scar has improved greatly. the right side is flush with the scalp and the left is only slightly raised. Still slightly red. Interesting to note. If I press out that aspect of the scar, it actually flattens out for a while. I feel pretty good it should return to it's original state over the next month. If not, I'll address it at that point.

Hey Northeastguy. how those scars looking? Any hairs of yet? Have they flattened out? Is the bottom one back to the original color? Have you looked into the cortisone shots? Anything new to report? Well hope you start seeing hairs soon, take it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
    Hey Northeastguy. how those scars looking? Any hairs of yet? Have they flattened out? Is the bottom one back to the original color? Have you looked into the cortisone shots? Anything new to report? Well hope you start seeing hairs soon, take it easy.
    Nothing to report yet in terms of hair growth. To soon. It'll be 3 months on 9-18.... although I will say I have been hoping to see some early growth. Had the FUE's been done on virgin scalp I'd be totally confident at this point. Because it is scar work I have to say there is a little anxiety to the whole process. Top scar is completely returned to normal. Bottom is still slightly pink and raised at certain points. I will look into cortisone shots come November if there is no impovement.

Hey Northeast Guy, I am sure you will be fine as Cole's work looks legit. Sorry if I ask a lot of questions, just trying to figure out the whole redness thing and all so I know what to expect. Also go slow with the cortisone as I may have told you as it did shrink my up quite a bit my scar may be different than yours, also ask about the Elocon cream...I explain all the sites in the others forum website you know the one. I'm exited for ya though man.

Oh and Northwest guy I almost forgot, did the hair grow back in the area he took them from, the acell thing, I mean did you regrow those beard hairs and that scalp hair? Thanks again.