+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan11 View Post
    NE Guy,

I am so happy for you. Going to cole to do the same thing. Question for you the 3rd photo (where you look great btw) where your at 3/4 guard. Exactly how many scar grafting surgeries with Cole and how many grafts total.

Thanks again for posting and sharing very selfless. Its a huge help to me personally.
    When are you going for your appointment?

Default scar graft

NE guy,

Thats amazing to fill 2 scars with 7 just 720 grafts. If you do 1 more pass you may have completely eliminated the scars altogether.

Regardless if my shockloss comes back I am totally doing this with Cole. I am petrified to use my donor hair as after this latest disaster surgery my donor looks a bit thin for sure.

I wonder if Cole could do my entire scar with beard hair. Oddly my beard hair is identical to my hair-coarse and wiry. Plus they are super thick. If they grew I could see them providing awesome coverage.

If anyone from Cole's office knows if you could do an entire strip scar with beard hair I would love to know.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan11 View Post
    NE guy,

Thats amazing to fill 2 scars with 7 just 720 grafts. If you do 1 more pass you may have completely eliminated the scars altogether.

Regardless if my shockloss comes back I am totally doing this with Cole. I am petrified to use my donor hair as after this latest disaster surgery my donor looks a bit thin for sure.

I wonder if Cole could do my entire scar with beard hair. Oddly my beard hair is identical to my hair-coarse and wiry. Plus they are super thick. If they grew I could see them providing awesome coverage.

If anyone from Cole's office knows if you could do an entire strip scar with beard hair I would love to know.
    I just asked Dr. Cole about only using beard hair to fix your scar. He said 100% beard hair should be fine. He recommends ACell with this type of repair.

35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office

Thanks for chiming in 35yrs. I have to believe there are a lot of people out there who use beard hair only for scar grafting and do just fine. If you have it, and it's similar to your scalp hair, use it! Beard hair is larger in diameter than scalp hair so you actually get more coverage.

Interesting video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7vSrxvJwgA

I don't know this MD, but the information is helpful for those interested in grafting with beard hair. I can accurately say I did a hell of a lot better than 67-80% survival rate with the work I had done with Dr Cole. 35 yrs.... would be nice to see you guys put together an education video like this. maybe include the benifits of Acell?

Looking good NE guy, I bet this next pass can get you at a 1 guard. I have been noticing a lot of difference every week now as I am coming on 4 months, I will cut a little piece of around my donor area to a zero, about the size of a penny and see if I have any white dotting but I can't see any with a 2 guard and when I look as I pull back my hair, have you thought of doing that as well? Have you decided on doing recell yet or are you gonna go with the palomar laser? I was thinking of doing the palomar laser first then recell as those results look good with the palomar...not sure yet though...I was wondering though, you said the hairs at the bottom of your scar that go up give you hesitation when thinking about going down real low because they pop out at the eye and so on, have you thought about FUEing them out and then putting hairs in where they were? I bet this would be a good idea if the doc in in sync with ya, not that I can see it at a 3 guard or even a 2 and I realize you may not want a 0 but just for others out there that may be thinking the same thing, what do you think?

Hey Stevie..... I like the idea of shaving down a small area to a zero guard. I have no interest of ever going down to a zero guard at any point in my life so see no reason to test it. 1 guard would be it.........and that is long down the road. Besides, any white dotting can be fixed by grafting a beard hair into it.
    It's funny you mention extracting the hairs that are angled up along the lower scar and redirecting them. I have thought about it but doubt I'll go down that road. Not now anyway. The reality is, should I get to a 2 guard with absolutely no visible signs of scaring after I complete my second round and laser..... I'm a winner.
    Yes, I plan to use the Palomar laser.... It seems the best and safest option to debulk and blend the lower scar. I doubt I'll go down the road of recell. Don't think I'll need it after this particular laser.

Ya I hear ya, sorry for badgering ya on the 0 guard thing lol, but there are many dudes who have relatively small scars that are younger that want to go to a 0 guard, I at the moment don't have that desire but I may eventually so I will do recell in between my next FUE session, if i do another session, but I think the recell fixes look amazing and belive a 0 guard can be achieved. It's looking great though man, couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

northeast guy,

I was there Friday for a little touch up, gotta agree 100% with the blunt tip, 1000% less painful! The staff was great, did 1300 FUE non shaven, 387 to front, the rest crown/mid scalp. Even put two beard grafts in my strip so I can see healing of beard, as well as taking to previous strips.

I'll keep track of your progress, I see 1000 beard grafts in my strips from Cole sometime next year.

Default Laser??

Quote Originally Posted by northeastguy View Post
    Hey Stevie..... I like the idea of shaving down a small area to a zero guard. I have no interest of ever going down to a zero guard at any point in my life so see no reason to test it. 1 guard would be it.........and that is long down the road. Besides, any white dotting can be fixed by grafting a beard hair into it.
    It's funny you mention extracting the hairs that are angled up along the lower scar and redirecting them. I have thought about it but doubt I'll go down that road. Not now anyway. The reality is, should I get to a 2 guard with absolutely no visible signs of scaring after I complete my second round and laser..... I'm a winner.
    Yes, I plan to use the Palomar laser.... It seems the best and safest option to debulk and blend the lower scar. I doubt I'll go down the road of recell. Don't think I'll need it after this particular laser.
    NE guy,

Gotta super important question for you. Aren't you afraid the laser will damage not only the hair follicles in the scar AND the surrounding hair follicles? I want to do cortisone and laser before I see Cole but I am petrified the laser will destroy the hair around it. For you it would be worse because you have hair growing out of the scar.

Is this Palomer laser something you researched a lot if so who did you talk to?

Default Recell

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
    Ya I hear ya, sorry for badgering ya on the 0 guard thing lol, but there are many dudes who have relatively small scars that are younger that want to go to a 0 guard, I at the moment don't have that desire but I may eventually so I will do recell in between my next FUE session, if i do another session, but I think the recell fixes look amazing and belive a 0 guard can be achieved. It's looking great though man, couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
    Stevie,

I didn't think recell was offered in the US. Have you talked to anyone about it like a consultation? How do you know it would even work for ht scar?