+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    I hope you die of cancer you ****ing nonce
    How do we get to this level? Kirby - brakes on buddy. I know it doesn't matter how many times people say it, but I suspect just about everyone on here has felt like you do now at some point, or has come pretty close to it. I know I have.

UK is a very straight talking sort of a chap; I don't think he has a career in diplomacy to look forward to, but he means well. He's relaying his experience in a very frank way, but that doesn't mean the implications are necessarily transferrable to you.

Just so you know, I got my blood test results back today and I do have a zinc deficiency which could partially explain my hair loss. That doesn't necessarily mean I haven't got MPB too, but it's something I need to work on which might lead to an improvement.

Again, that doesn't mean that will be the case for you, but until you get it looked at properly, your head will be spinning. I think a good start is to see about changing your GP to one that's more useful. My GP is useless in a different way; he just hadn't bothered to read the letter the consultant had written to him about me and was about to send me on my way when I saw in the letter that I had a zinc deficiency which requires treatment. ****ing hopeless.

Point is, we need to help ourselves and you need to get yourself rested and focussed so you can do that. I am going to contact Dr Fenton and find out if he can recommend good help closer to you and, hopefully, within your financial means. Can you just let me know which region of England you live in, not your whole address obviously! I am not gonna sit by and watch you sink into the shit if there is something I can do to help.

Default update from last post

Ok my hair is continuing to shed alot! I thought I had gone through a shed at the 3 month stage that seemed to slow down for a few weeks get better around the 5 and a half month mark then suddenly shed again at 6 months. I am diffuse and I am losing around 150 hairs a day. anyone had the same situation? And Kirby try to stay strong go to the doctors see what the problem may be Im sure you can get this fixed

150 hairs per day is within normal range for a person who is not losing their hair.

Don't count hairs. It will drive you nutty. Take good quality pictures of your scalp every six months instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    150 hairs per day is within normal range for a person who is not losing their hair.

Don't count hairs. It will drive you nutty. Take good quality pictures of your scalp every six months instead.
    I agree with this, I think that some guys go on about how many hairs they are or aren't shedding too much. At the end of the day it is considered normal to shed up to 100/150 hairs a day. People are always saying things like "Propecia/Minox must not be working for me - I'm still losing *** many hairs a day....". I wonder how many of these people stopped treatments that were actually maintaining their hair just cos they worried too much about counting the hairs in the shower.

On the other hand there's the guys that must be BSing because they say things like "I'm shedding 1 or 0 hairs a day so this/that treatment must be working". Seeing as 100/150 hairs a day is normal then I find it very hard to believe these people are really telling the truth, in fact I woulda thought if they were telling the truth it would be a bad thing, I mean hair has to cycle and surely if you're shedding no hairs each day it means there's something wrong.

I feel that at the end of the day the only way to monitor your hair loss effectively is either as Tracy said by taking good quality pictures every 6 months yourself of otherwise see a Trichologist or Dermatologist who can monitor it for you. I started seeing a Trichologist last year and he took temple measurements, pictures and looked for miniturisation with special glasses then showed me by using a scalp camera connected to a screen.

I know it's hard not to feel worried when you see a number of hairs in the shower, I do it myself but it's def not the best way to evaluate if you're losing hair. For one thing there's also loads of elements that might make you shed more one day that another i.e. If you don't wash your hair every day you'll see more hairs than someone who washes it everyday, if your hair is longer you'll notice more hairs than someone with short hair (I expect someone with a short crop prob wouldn't notice any hairs in the shower).

I believe you also shed more or less at different times of year - there is such a thing as seasonal shedding.

has anybody seen any worse before better stories on Propecia though? I have heard alot about this situation but never seen it documented on a forum my hair is thinning alot worse it has ever been just need some insentive?

Quote Originally Posted by Harris View Post
    has anybody seen any worse before better stories on Propecia though? I have heard alot about this situation but never seen it documented on a forum my hair is thinning alot worse it has ever been just need some insentive?
    Harry what I can is that as long as you are not shedding hairs from non-mpb areas, then it's worth the wait. It also depends how long the shed lasts.

That's assuming you have 0 side effects.

Also you can never predict your MPB progression. Family genes are a good estimate.

I'm going straight to nw6-7 despite my family having only nw3 hairlines.

Good luck.

Ok just keeping you all updated as I said I would its seems that after 9 months my hair is continuing to thin quite a lot during the last week for some reason! Its now worse than it has ever been does this mean its unlikely that Propecia and minox are working for me as I understand that hairloss should have stopped by now Im going to see a doctor hopefully to get some tests done. what other possabilites could this be? I get my meds from ukFinasteride.info, I here this is reliable but may just get my meds from boots etc to make sure its legit.

Ok my update after 10 months I went to see a doctor he prescribed me me finasteride from Boots pharmacy so I know its legit. hair still continues to thin should I maybe up the dosage to 2.5 I hear Spencer recommends that?

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    I agree with this, I think that some guys go on about how many hairs they are or aren't shedding too much. At the end of the day it is considered normal to shed up to 100/150 hairs a day. People are always saying things like "Propecia/Minox must not be working for me - I'm still losing *** many hairs a day....". I wonder how many of these people stopped treatments that were actually maintaining their hair just cos they worried too much about counting the hairs in the shower.

On the other hand there's the guys that must be BSing because they say things like "I'm shedding 1 or 0 hairs a day so this/that treatment must be working". Seeing as 100/150 hairs a day is normal then I find it very hard to believe these people are really telling the truth, in fact I woulda thought if they were telling the truth it would be a bad thing, I mean hair has to cycle and surely if you're shedding no hairs each day it means there's something wrong.

I feel that at the end of the day the only way to monitor your hair loss effectively is either as Tracy said by taking good quality pictures every 6 months yourself of otherwise see a Trichologist or Dermatologist who can monitor it for you. I started seeing a Trichologist last year and he took temple measurements, pictures and looked for miniturisation with special glasses then showed me by using a scalp camera connected to a screen.

I know it's hard not to feel worried when you see a number of hairs in the shower, I do it myself but it's def not the best way to evaluate if you're losing hair. For one thing there's also loads of elements that might make you shed more one day that another i.e. If you don't wash your hair every day you'll see more hairs than someone who washes it everyday, if your hair is longer you'll notice more hairs than someone with short hair (I expect someone with a short crop prob wouldn't notice any hairs in the shower).
    As someone with mild hairloss, I do not shed to the point I can see 150 visible hairs a day.

20-30 on average.

The fact that you can count 150 hairs, means it is noticable. So are probably shedding A LOT more then that.