+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Gutted, do you take fin? If so how have you found it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike93 View Post
    Gutted, do you take fin? If so how have you found it?
    no, ive never taken it and dont intend to.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    The reason why hair loss eventually catches up with you is because your body starts upregulating by making your androgen receptors more sensitive.
    Is this why older men with less T and DHT keep getting balder?

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    its like what 2020 said in the last post, surpressing dht via 5ar inhibition eventually causes the body want to reach homestasis through reflex hyperandrogenecity.

how this is done, is possibly through upregulating AR sensivity of target cells and possibly upregulating 5 ar enzymes.

Its possible this process takes place in some individuals within 3/5 months to 10 years and is probably the reason why fin loses effectiveness over time, this can cause more damage to your hair than good if your unlucky and this process takes place within 3/5 months hence why it is best to slowly start on the drug.

Fin is best taken periodcally to help address the imbalance, rather than on a continuous basis for life - because merck were out for number 1 i.e profit they decided the drug should be taken for life, when this is not neccassary!

How often do you mean when you say periodcally? I saw one guy talking about once every 2 weeks but that was just for the first few months.

Hoping to find a magical sweet spot that will stop my loss without any sides.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    How often do you mean when you say periodcally? I saw one guy talking about once every 2 weeks but that was just for the first few months.

Hoping to find a magical sweet spot that will stop my loss without any sides.
    thats a good question...

everyone is different, and the dosage/frequency of treatment used by one person may not neccasarily be right for another.

i only suggest doing a very minor dose of fin for 3 months per year and then slowly getting off the drug towards the end of the 3months just to keep androgen levels in balance.

The people who experince an "advance" in hair loss NOT baldness (those hairs will regrow again) after stopping fin - is due to a temporary spike in the androgen levels after getting off fin and should not be confused with baldness.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    start it like this...and you will almost certainly get sides! and lose hair doing so.

you should start slowly as outlined by chrisis.
    Almost certainly? Do you even know the chances of getting sides by 1mg fin or are you just throwing words out there?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    PatientlyWaiting, Spex is a consultant for two senior transplant surgeons and recommends and takes finasteride himself, but encourages a similar approach to the drug as I've outlined.

Actually one of the doctors that Spex consults on behalf is actually very wary of the drug! I've spoken to him!

Please tell us your qualifications/experience which led you to forming your opinion? Who do you consult for?

JustWatchMe, you and only you have to deal with side effects if they hit you. Bear that in mind when people tell you to take it without being at least cautious.
    Doesn't Spex have like 5 surgeries and like 10,000 grafts on his head, and looks like he's never even had hair loss? Yeah, okay, if my head looked like that, with so much grafted hair, sure i'll take the advice of 0.25mg a day. Unfortunately i'm a NW3 and i'm actually trying to regrow any hair that I can. From every doctor i've spoken to in NYC, none have suggested to use a lower dose than 1mg and say 1/4ths is okay.

What's with the rhetorical questions, asking me what experience I have and who do I consult for? You're being an asshole here or what? I don't get the hostility.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Almost certainly? Do you even know the chances of getting sides by 1mg fin or are you just throwing words out there?
    just my view mate.

Sides are the result of reflex hyperandrogencity NOT taking place.

Are you on fin? if so for how long have you been on it?

2012... It's a shame I was interested on the reflex hyperandrogenicity... Are you guys still alive or...