+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    Have you tried fin?
    I'm on it currently, and it still falls out all the same. I've been on it since last April.....and the side effects are not fun to deal with at times lol.

So I take it Nizoral can help with hair loss?

I'm definitely sympathetic. I also had a high hair line for most of my 20s, it's not until I reached 27 that it became problematic really.

I'd suggest looking into 'the big 3' - minoxidil, finasteride and Nizoral, but PLEASE be careful with finasteride. I can't tolerate it and am still suffering from side effects after quitting it despite only using it for a few months. If you want to try it, please start with a low dose and work up. I actually hate offering it as a suggestion at all, but there are few options and it does seem to work and be tolerated in many men... (this is about as balanced a view point as you'll find btw).

Once you've looked into those 3 things, you can also consider cosmetic options like Toppik, Courve, Dermatch, to provide the illusion of density.

Final most drastic option is surgery. I'm currently considering a hair transplant, but still weighing up the pros and cons.

If I can be of any help message me further.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I'm definitely sympathetic. I also had a high hair line for most of my 20s, it's not until I reached 27 that it became problematic really.

I'd suggest looking into 'the big 3' - minoxidil, finasteride and Nizoral, but PLEASE be careful with finasteride. I can't tolerate it and am still suffering from side effects after quitting it despite only using it for a few months. If you want to try it, please start with a low dose and work up. I actually hate offering it as a suggestion at all, but there are few options and it does seem to work and be tolerated in many men... (this is about as balanced a view point as you'll find btw).

Once you've looked into those 3 things, you can also consider cosmetic options like Toppik, Courve, Dermatch, to provide the illusion of density.

Final most drastic option is surgery. I'm currently considering a hair transplant, but still weighing up the pros and cons.

If I can be of any help message me further.
    Yes, I am scared shitless of Fin, because of the sexual side effects. I already dealt with my gyne by getting in shape and losing weight (although it is still there, it is not really noticeable) but for it to come back with a vengeance would to me be adding insult to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    You look like you've got the right face "design" that a buzz would work well with actually.

Whether that gets you modeling gigs or not is another question. Its all about the look. Hair loss is a "bad" look.
    Very true, I actually thought about that, but I have such an angular shaped head, and long neck that the few times I did shave my head everyone said I looked like a cancer patient alien and should "seriously" consider not doing it again . . . if I keep losing my hair at this rate by 35 I will have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    Don't mind Highlander. He's the annoying little brother that won't leave you and your friends alone.

You should do some research around the forum. There are a few treatments out currently (the "Big Three") that have shown some effectiveness, but none that work perfectly. Be careful of snake oil, nearly everything does nothing at all.

On a positive note, there are a few treatments in the pipeline that are showing some promise for ending baldness. Histogen is one of my favorites. Then there are experimental chemicals like RU, CB, and OC. OC000459 is my favorite prospect at the moment.

I would recommend getting Nizoral for sure and seeing how often you can tolerate using that. Then look into Minox and Fin and see if the side effects are something you can deal with. A full spectrum vitamin E supplement (like Toco-8 or Tocosorb) also couldn't hurt. Just look stuff up. Most of this is too complex to tell you in one post, or even one thread.

Most important of all, try not to let hairloss consume your every thought. Worrying won't speed up any current research or bring back any hair (if anything, it will help you lose it).
    Absolutely, great advice. I have actually been reading a lot on this forum today. There is some promising stuff out there. Let's just cross our fingers shall we?

I really feel for you bro, I got dropped real fast from modeling once my hairline started to go. My agent had a hard time finding anything for me once I got a short haircut not knowing the horrors that were lying in wait.

hey bro have you considered hair systems?

I feel that bald guys only have a few options.. obviously the drugs and lotions etc or a transplant.

Apart from that its shaved head or obvious balding hair

otherwise some guys keep a hat planted to their head their whole lives.

or instead of a hat you could wear hair. these guys do good ones i think http://www.hairdirect.com/hair/syste...efinition.aspx

then theres farrell hair systems

i havent tried either but HD seems more legit.

My plan is to try this out and hopefully a cure will come out in a few years and then i can get rid of it.. in the mean time I can enjoy my 20's with a full head of hair.

You are a very good looking guy. Im sure if you shaved your head its not going to change that. But i feel for you. I want to become a model but my hair started thinning at the temples so ive held bak and working on getting thicker hair first. I just started Fin last week and so far so good, No side effects. And i stopped worrying about my hair which is great.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    wow you're pathetic or a troll. Either way, I have started to report your posts. You're getting banned soon. Enjoy your last days

lol

10char

Why so scared shitless of fin?

Would you be the same if a pill was a potential life saver, but if you took it you may be impotant or whatever?

I jumped straight onto fin (after doing the research), my hair was that important!!

Ps. I love the profile name!