+ Reply to Thread

Default Problems with Fincar/Inhouse

I'm thinking about getting Fincar 5mg from inhousepharmacy.biz. The link is below. I have two questions.

In the Q&A section the website says:

"The correct dose of finasteride for hair loss is 1mg, which means that you would need to cut the Fincar 5mg tablet into a quarter. However, Inhousepharmacy does not recommend this as the tablets crumble when cut and you may end up taking an inaccurate dose. We therefore recommend that you take 1mg Finpecia for hair loss."

Do any members here have experience buying generic Fincar from inhousepharmacy? Is what they say true, or do you all not have a problem cutting the pills into 1/5ths?

My second question comes again from the Q&A section. Under the heading "How should Fincar be taken," it says:

"Do not chew the capsule or open it, this make make your mouth or throat sore. "

Are they saying that it's bad to cut the pill into 1/5ths because there's a risk of making your throat/mouth sore?

Anybody with some experience with Fincar/Inhouse care to help me out? I appreciate it.

https://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-17...nasteride.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    I'm thinking about getting Fincar 5mg from inhousepharmacy.biz. The link is below. I have two questions.

In the Q&A section the website says:

"The correct dose of finasteride for hair loss is 1mg, which means that you would need to cut the Fincar 5mg tablet into a quarter. However, Inhousepharmacy does not recommend this as the tablets crumble when cut and you may end up taking an inaccurate dose. We therefore recommend that you take 1mg Finpecia for hair loss."

Do any members here have experience buying generic Fincar from inhousepharmacy? Is what they say true, or do you all not have a problem cutting the pills into 1/5ths?

My second question comes again from the Q&A section. Under the heading "How should Fincar be taken," it says:

"Do not chew the capsule or open it, this make make your mouth or throat sore. "

Are they saying that it's bad to cut the pill into 1/5ths because there's a risk of making your throat/mouth sore?

Anybody with some experience with Fincar/Inhouse care to help me out? I appreciate it.

https://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-17...nasteride.aspx
    Use a pill cutter (fiver online) and cut the tablet into 1/4ths. That way, even if a little crumbles, you will still be taking more than the recommended 1mg.

Thanks for the quick reply.

At this moment I'm not interested in beginning my regiment with 1.25mg of Fin. I want to start with less and eventually work my way up to 1mg, so your advice doesn't work for me.

Anyone else? Does Fincar crumble too easily/is it dangerous to divide it?

How about just buy 1mg Finpecia on their site? You don;t have to cut anything, just take the 1mg pill and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    How about just buy 1mg Finpecia on their site? You don;t have to cut anything, just take the 1mg pill and that's it.

This^^^^

I just bought the finpecia version from Inhouse because the fincar was too hard to cut into sub 1mg sections.

You can cut that to .25 if you want.

Also I have seen guys on other boards talk about a gradual ramp up schedule for going on Fin if you are concerned about sides or had them in the past.
    I can find some links if interested as this is what I am doing.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    This^^^^
    Also I have seen guys on other boards talk about a gradual ramp up schedule for going on Fin if you are concerned about sides or had them in the past.
    I can find some links if interested as this is what I am doing.
    I'd be interested in those links, if you wouldn't mind.

And I was leaning towards Fincar as it's a much better deal in the long run.
    I did the math and it's something like $140 for 900 days worth of Fin with Fincar.

As opposed to around $175 for a one year supply of Finpecia.

Is my thinking/math wrong? If Finpecia is what's recommended I'll go with that, but I was trying to be economical, as if it's successful, I'll be on these pills for many years to come.

I'd be interested in those links, if you wouldn't mind.

And I was leaning towards Fincar as it's a much better deal in the long run.
    I did the math and it's something like $140 for 900 days worth of Fin with Fincar.

As opposed to around $175 for a one year supply of Finpecia.

Is my thinking/math wrong? If Finpecia is what's recommended I'll go with that, but I was trying to be economical, as if it's successful, I'll be on these pills for many years to come.
    No Fincar is a better deal. I was thinking you were going for a lower dose. I am restarting Fin and starting on a low dose that is why I am using the 1mg finpecia version as I can easily cut to .5 or .25

I just saw 2 threads yesterday one was on this board..will see if I can find it. But I did copy the text to the other one as this is how I am doing it more or less:

"Anecdotally, I have heard people having success weaning themselves on to it. Due to the relatively low active dose, you have to do this by taking your doses spaced far apart, then take them more frequently. For example, take 1 pill on the 1st and 15th of the month for 2 months, then take on the 1st, 10th, 20th for 2 months, then more and more frequently until you take it daily. It will take like a year to get to a continual dose, but the slow introduction into your system might help you adapt easier and lessen sides. You can adjust this depending on how you are doing on it. If you don't have sides half way through, you might be able to speed up your dosing schedule."

This is all there was to this thread as far as ramping goes. The thread started out about this pretty girl on youtube who keeps saying there is nothing wrong with mpb and not to worry about your baldspot.

I am going for a lower dose.

My original questions remain. Is it a problem to divide Proscar up into 1/5ths? Do they break apart too easily? And is there a risk of making "your mouth or throat sore"?

If you were me, and were considering taking Finasteride for many years to come, would you take the time and deal with Proscar (dividing it up and whatnot), or just go for Finpecia. There's a huge difference in price, but I don't want to be cheap about something like this.

I am going for a lower dose.

My original questions remain. Is it a problem to divide Proscar up into 1/5ths? Do they break apart too easily? And is there a risk of making "your mouth or throat sore"?

If you were me, and were considering taking Finasteride for many years to come, would you take the time and deal with Proscar (dividing it up and whatnot), or just go for Finpecia. There's a huge difference in price, but I don't want to be cheap about something like this.
    For me yes it was hard to cut into 5 sections. I could do it but it was hard on a consistent basis. So after awhile I just did the 4 section thing.

Hello all, Just putting my 2 cents worth in. I started on fincar 5mg cut into four, had some good success, then changed to 1 mg tabs of fincar and that was even better. Oh and I've been taking it over 2 yrs.