+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

playsound Spencer Kobren Speaks To Dr. Craig Ziering - Histogen’s HSC Update 6/16/12

I'm from Spain and I do not understand. One could summarize what he says?. thanks

Ziering was evasive on percentages. I think Spencer should get some confirmation on that mildly important point for us.

40 minutes of talking with much of it being old news... couple things:

he did mention that there are SEVERAL physician sponsored studies all over the world and that they didn't use trichoscan software and instead just took pictures which should be available on the internet soon.
    Cosmetically significant hair growth was achieved on all those patients but when Spencer asked about NW7 -> NW1 Dr.Ziering started mumbling about something and the topic ended with - yeah, vellus hair definitely turned terminal. NW7->NW1? I hope science gets there...

Estimated cost - no numbers although he said that it will be affordable for most people and it will be much more cheaper than future hair cloning treatments.

When it will be available? He mentioned that 2014 in Asia may be too optimistic. Too many factors out of their control. That's all.

sounds exciting!!

Thank you Spencer and Dr Ziering, with these results it's safe to say the near future is good for hair loss.

So basically 2016 is when this will come out. I wish i was one of his 10 patients they lucky as hell.

Who are the other surgeons who've been conducting their own experiments with Histogen too? and who else will be getting it?

If it's being released to these surgeons for experimental purposes, then that should mean we can rock up for a consultation, and insist on parting with money only when included in one of these studies, 'experiment for one please'.

Money should dictate we get Histogen, at least, from the surgeons who can get Histogen for study purposes.

Unless of course I'm being too cynical, and all these studies have been for free, and will be for free - which I very much doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    So basically 2016 is when this will come out. I wish i was one of his 10 patients they lucky as hell.
    Oh man. They really are stringing us along. 2014 was never realistic imo. So probs 2017 for US & Europe then. Sounds very impressive though. Just hope I have some hair to work with by the time it makes it to market. Cracking stuff from Spencer mentioning video documentation. He definitely reads the forums because we had raised the issue about being proactive in getting more video documentation for hair restoration in general. HD video can't lie, photos can.

Also, great effort from Spencer in really looking into HST for us and seeing if he can take it to the US. If it wasn't for Spencer they'd still be doing micros.

We can be happy things are moving in the right direction now. If technology really is exponential, each discovery will feedback creating a positive feedback loop and increase the rate at which we push this forward towards a real solution. It's like a massive jigsaw. At the beginning you don't know what you have but as the pieces start coming together the process accelarates until we can see the big picture.

Before the decade is out we'll have way better options.

HSC sounds like a filler for a HT.

Don't think it will cure NW7s , which sucks!
    NW1 - 4 it will cure IMO in conjunction with a HT. Should be able to get down to a NW1 with this. As this will mean more grafts can be placed in the hairline.

'botox for the hair'

Wait until Gail is interviewed for info on timelines etc.

As he said the future is very bright. FUE and HSC may be the future.

I agree it should be affordable - they will make more money that way. More customers = bigger return of investment.

Thank you guys for the interview!!!