Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoSox
    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Tracy C
    Propecia (or Spiro for women) and Rogaine can hold on to what you have now.
    I've been on Propecia since 2007 and Rogaine. My hair is slowely starting to get thinner, I'm nervous by the time HSC comes out, I will be bald :/ That's why I'm praying for Allergan to be really effective.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by TravisB
      But they often gain very much from treatments.
      Yeah, if they hold onto the hair they have now till then.

Now imo is the worst time to diffuse thin.

Comment

• Tracy C
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by BoSox
        I'm nervous by the time HSC comes out, I will be bald :/
        I've seen your pictures. You have nothing to worry about.

Have you been consistently using both Propecia and Rogaine properly since 2007?

Comment

• BoSox
          • Jun 2010

Have you been consistently using both Propecia and Rogaine properly since 2007?
          Just Propecia, I've been using Rogaine in the morning and night consistently for a month now, and plan on until Allergan comes out. This is just in desperation because my hair loss now at age 27 is becoming more aggressive.

Comment

• Tracy C
            • Sep 2011

Just Propecia, I've been using Rogaine in the morning and night consistently for a month now...
            O.K., so you haven't been using Rogaine long enough to know if it is even helping you or not. Give it reasonable time and be consistent.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
              • May 2011

Just Propecia, I've been using Rogaine in the morning and night consistently for a month now, and plan on until Allergan comes out. This is just in desperation because my hair loss now at age 27 is becoming more aggressive.
              You can do one cap of the foam just at night 30mins before bed and it will serve you just as well. I find this is a lot more convenient as you can shower in the morning and go about your day without that gunk in your hair.

Comment

• Tracy C
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
                I find this is a lot more convenient as you can shower in the morning and go about your day without that gunk in your hair.
                I can't even feel Rogaine foam in my hair. I massage it into my scalp in the morning, 15 minutes later I can't even tell it's there. My hair feels the same as it does if I didn't apply Rogaine foam. So the question is; what are you doing differently than me?

Comment

• stilted
                  • May 2012

I can't even feel Rogaine foam in my hair. I massage it into my scalp in the morning, 15 minutes later I can't even tell it's there. My hair feels the same as it does if I didn't apply Rogaine foam. So the question is; what are you doing differently than me?
                  Perhaps it's different with the women's formula, but Rogaine for men definitely leaves a sticky residue in my hair. The wet spot dries, clumping together the Hair around my vertex, and in doing so it actually accentuates my MPB. Then, if you try to comb it out, the you simply end up pulling out even more hair. So, now I only use it at night, and I'm doing that less and less as I have a girlfriend -- who wants to jump into bed with a wet back of the head? Fortunately, it's really not that effective of a product. I've only been using it out of habit, not because it has provided any real results...

Comment

• Tracy C
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by stilted
                    Perhaps it's different with the women's formula, but Rogaine for men definitely leaves a sticky residue in my hair...
                    There is no women's forumla of Rogaine foam. I use men's Rogaine foam. I do not feel it in my hair at all. We are obviously doing something different.

Originally posted by stilted
                    Fortunately, it's really not that effective of a product. I've only been using it out of habit, not because it has provided any real results...
                    It doesn't work for everyone but it does work for most people who use it properly, especially if you are also taking an oral med. Sadly, there isn't a more effective topical available at this time. That is why it is a good thing that another company is trying to produce a different topical. One topical treatment that works for one person may not work for another - and vise/versa.

Comment

• Conpecia
                      • Sep 2011

This is just in desperation because my hair loss now at age 27 is becoming more aggressive.
                      I'm right there with you man, 27 and really starting to go after having been on fin for several years. It's like we're right on the edge of the plank but may not have to go overboard if these treatments come through, hence the desperation!

Comment

• Jan 2012

BoSox, your hair loss is not becoming more aggressive you're just getting this:

^ this needs WAY more attention than it's getting!

Comment

• WashedOut
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by 2020
                          BoSox, your hair loss is not becoming more aggressive you're just getting this:

^ this needs WAY more attention than it's getting!
                          Because it's pretty rare. Look at the results from the FDA trial, the number of guys whose hair was in worse shape after a year was very small.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by WashedOut
                            Because it's pretty rare. Look at the results from the FDA trial, the number of guys whose hair was in worse shape after a year was very small.
                            because it doesn't occur THAT FAST for vast majority of people.... for most their body will adjust to new DHT levels after 5 years or so and then your hair loss will continue.
                            THIS IS THE ONLY EXPLANATION as to why finasteride doesn't halt MPB permanently

Comment

• TheDude
                              • Oct 2010

Hay 2020 thanks for that link.. it explains a lot of the reactions I am experiencing from upping the dose of propecia by too much and too quickly.

Comment

• Person
                                • Jun 2012

If Allergan's phase II bimatoprost trials are successful in September and prove that higher concentration bimatoprost is effective for the scalp, is it possible/legal for other companies or pharmacies to start making and selling their own versions of bimatoprost before Allergan finishes its phase 3 clinical trials?

Comment

Working...