Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Alchemist
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by UK_
    Definitely, so long as its better than propecia and minox its a successful treatment, people with higher norwoods would benefit from having this treatment combined with a HT. And continued injections into recipient and donor areas AFTER the treatment too.

They could actually distribute this product as a treatment to have every 6 months after a HT to ensure continued hair growth on top of transplanted grafts.
    This is most likely the reason that Dr. Ziering is involved. If anything, this might boost hair transplant sales. Unless of course, it's a total cure - then it will wipe out HT's. Either way, smart move on Ziering

Comment

• Kiwi
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Conpecia
      Anyone know when in October to expect the update?
      Yes. Between the 20th and the 30th. (logically since she is presenting between the 17th - 20th )

Comment

• stilted
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Kiwi
        Yes. Between the 20th and the 30th.
        I wonder if this is why Ziering has yet to supply the pictures he was talking about to Spencer re: latest results. Perhaps Gail has asked him not to scoop her?

Comment

• Pate
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by stilted
          I wonder if this is why Ziering has yet to supply the pictures he was talking about to Spencer re: latest results. Perhaps Gail has asked him not to scoop her?
          That seems logical.

This is most likely the reason that Dr. Ziering is involved. If anything, this might boost hair transplant sales. Unless of course, it's a total cure - then it will wipe out HT's. Either way, smart move on Ziering
          Yeah. I doubt it will completely wipe out HTs anyway even if it's practically a full cure. It will change the nature of the HT docs' businesses and Histogen will become their primary treatment, but there will still be a role for the HT docs to use their FUE skills probably to the end of their careers - repair jobs, hairlines, filling in scars, all the little things they do in addition to their main job of HTs.

Especially when you consider it could take 2+ years for HSC to work fully, because of the number of repeat treatments needed - some guys won't want to wait that long and will be willing to get FUE to get their regrowth in 9 months or so.

It's still a biiiiiig call to talk about a full cure, anyway. Most likely outcome will be HSC will work and will become a treatment option for thinning hair, but not a full cure. And in that case, it really WILL boost HT sales - from me, for a start! If HSC could save my thinning zones, I'd get FUE on my hairline. But I know I don't have enough donor hair to get a good result over the entire NW6 area, so right now I'm not getting a HT.

Comment

• Conpecia
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Pate

Especially when you consider it could take 2+ years for HSC to work fully, because of the number of repeat treatments needed - some guys won't want to wait that long and will be willing to get FUE to get their regrowth in 9 months or so.
            I'm not sure about that. Assuming Histogen would simply return one's original hair, most would probably gut it out and wait the extra year or two rather than undergo surgery, for the sake of guaranteed naturalness to the look, knowing it's actually the hair that is 'supposed' to be there.

Most likely outcome will be HSC will work and will become a treatment option for thinning hair, but not a full cure. And in that case, it really WILL boost HT sales - from me, for a start! If HSC could save my thinning zones, I'd get FUE on my hairline.
            This is more likely what will be the case, unfortunately. And I'll be right behind you.

Comment

• UK_
              • Feb 2011

It's still a biiiiiig call to talk about a full cure, anyway. Most likely outcome will be HSC will work and will become a treatment option for thinning hair, but not a full cure. And in that case, it really WILL boost HT sales - from me, for a start! If HSC could save my thinning zones, I'd get FUE on my hairline. But I know I don't have enough donor hair to get a good result over the entire NW6 area, so right now I'm not getting a HT.
              Pate could you confirm, are you a NW6?

Comment

• Pate
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                Pate could you confirm, are you a NW6?
                Slick bald NW3 zone, badly thinning NW6.

Propecia grew back an area in my crown about 1" high and 2" wide to almost full cosmetic density but otherwise pretty much a NW6.

I'm not sure about that. Assuming Histogen would simply return one's original hair, most would probably gut it out and wait the extra year or two rather than undergo surgery, for the sake of guaranteed naturalness to the look, knowing it's actually the hair that is 'supposed' to be there.
                You're probably right, but we know hair loss is anything but rational, particularly among young guys. And what if it takes 3 years worth of treatment for Histogen? 4 years? At some point, hair in 9 months is probably going to look more attractive than waiting, for some guys at least.

Comment

• Sogeking
                  • Feb 2011

It still has to be proven that Histogen has grown new hair or reawakened old hair follicles in slick bald zones. If HSC can't o that than it will serve primariliy for diffuse thinning, maintaing existing hair and guys that have just started to lose hair. And all of them will be perfect candidates for HTS which will boost HT sale.

A full cure will come only in terms of Dr. Lausters work or from Tsuji lab. And those guys are still years away from clinical trials let alone from having a product to offer.

We have to hope that Aderans, Histogen and/or Replicel have something.

Comment

• Conpecia
                    • Sep 2011

I agree with you, Sogeking. We need a bridge to a full-blown cure. Something better than fin and minox and without the sides. I think that bridge may be 2-5 yrs away in the form of Aderans or Histogen, and a true cure perhaps in 10-15 years.

Comment

• Conpecia
                      • Sep 2011

You're probably right, but we know hair loss is anything but rational, particularly among young guys. And what if it takes 3 years worth of treatment for Histogen? 4 years? At some point, hair in 9 months is probably going to look more attractive than waiting, for some guys at least.
                      Probably for older men who have light/moderate hairloss. Could definitely see that being the case. All men with aggressive loss will wait, as HTs will not be enough. Young men with light/moderate loss will probably wait as they have more time and less loss. However, it also depends on Histogen's efficacy.

I'll definitely say that if my hairloss stabilized as is, and an HT could give me a solid hairline and good density in the front, I would opt for that in a heartbeat rather than waiting 4 yrs for comparable coverage with Histogen.

Comment

• Pate
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Conpecia
                        I'll definitely say that if my hairloss stabilized as is, and an HT could give me a solid hairline and good density in the front, I would opt for that in a heartbeat rather than waiting 4 yrs for comparable coverage with Histogen.
                        Me too. I'd wait 4 yrs for Histogen to fill in the crown.

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by The Alchemist
                          I totally agree, I don't stand by the nonsensical idea that HT surgeons will suddenly be on the breadline when Histogen or any other therapy comes out, most of the conferences are attended by HT surgeons and they are actively involved in new research (Dr Z for example). Check out the "Who will benefit from attending?" question on this page for the Bahamas presentation:

Top of the list is experienced HT surgeons.

Interesting to see that Johnson & Johnson are the prime backers of this event too.

Comment

Working...