+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Directed by M. Night Shyamalan.
    lol????

10char

Quote Originally Posted by pem View Post
    ...Just hear horror stories on the meds. Takes a year (sheds) to see if it works, etc and if it does, you become dependent on it, etc , or else hair loss intensifies. Not sure I want to go the med route.
    Hereditary hair loss does not stop once it is triggered into action. Therefore it does not matter what you take to treat it, you will need to continue to take it for the rest of your life. That's just the way it is... For now... This is likely to change with the next three to five years.

The loss does not "intensify" if you stop using the meds as you stated. It resumes where it left off if you stop them. Sometimes if you stop abruptly you can induce a massive shed - but you can avoid that by tapering off the meds rather than stopping abruptly.

Shedding is unavoidable - but again you can reduce the perceived amount of shedding by tapering up to the full dose of your meds over time rather than starting at full dose at the very beginning. The hair that sheds out usually grows back - and when it does grow back it will be thicker than it was before. This thickening continues over time and hair cycles as long as you continue to use the meds.

It is very wise to talk over any medications with your doctor. You do have thinning in your vertex and mid-anterior regions. These are the areas that Propecia and Rogaine can be most helpful for you. Yes it does take a full year to know how helpful they will be for you. Using the laser comb every other day can help make your hair look better sooner. In a nutshell, it is best to treat your hair loss with FDA approved treatments for at least a full year prior to considering any kind of hair restoration surgery. Having surgery without slowing or arresting the loss can lead to long term dissatisfaction. All meds have side effects. Some people do not experience them at all while some people are hit hard with them. Talk this over with your doctor and do everything in your ability to make sure you understand the possible risks as well as the proven benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    lol????

10char
    It's a meme. Basically a joke that the whole thing is a crazy twist. Although it would be a bigger twist if 2020 had been on finasteride, suffered sides and said it was safe.

The fact he promotes the safety of the drug and hasn't even tried it, is a total facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    It's a meme. Basically a joke that the whole thing is a crazy twist. Although it would be a bigger twist if 2020 had been on finasteride, suffered sides and said it was safe.

The fact he promotes the safety of the drug and hasn't even tried it, is a total facepalm.
    loool oh i see.

what are you talking about? check my regimen on *** forums. I did use to take finasteride but later dropped it because I was planning on using this OC0459 stuff but the guy in charge of a group buy has delayed this by 2 months... had no problems with fin. might restart it later if nothing else works out

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    what are you talking about? check my regimen on *** forums. I did use to take finasteride but later dropped it because I was planning on using this OC0459 stuff but the guy in charge of a group buy has delayed this by 2 months... had no problems with fin. might restart it later if nothing else works out
    you stated you were thinking about using it...the people who were getting sides from the drug, whoposted here sort of swayed you into NOT using it, hence your hostility towards them.

you stated you were thinking about using it...
    where did I say that?

the people who were getting sides from the drug, whoposted here sort of swayed you into NOT using it, hence your hostility towards them.
    but I was using it and then stopped for reasons mentioned above

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Hereditary hair loss does not stop once it is triggered into action. Therefore it does not matter what you take to treat it, you will need to continue to take it for the rest of your life. That's just the way it is... For now... This is likely to change with the next three to five years.

The loss does not "intensify" if you stop using the meds as you stated. It resumes where it left off if you stop them. Sometimes if you stop abruptly you can induce a massive shed - but you can avoid that by tapering off the meds rather than stopping abruptly.

Shedding is unavoidable - but again you can reduce the perceived amount of shedding by tapering up to the full dose of your meds over time rather than starting at full dose at the very beginning. The hair that sheds out usually grows back - and when it does grow back it will be thicker than it was before. This thickening continues over time and hair cycles as long as you continue to use the meds.

It is very wise to talk over any medications with your doctor. You do have thinning in your vertex and mid-anterior regions. These are the areas that Propecia and Rogaine can be most helpful for you. Yes it does take a full year to know how helpful they will be for you. Using the laser comb every other day can help make your hair look better sooner. In a nutshell, it is best to treat your hair loss with FDA approved treatments for at least a full year prior to considering any kind of hair restoration surgery. Having surgery without slowing or arresting the loss can lead to long term dissatisfaction. All meds have side effects. Some people do not experience them at all while some people are hit hard with them. Talk this over with your doctor and do everything in your ability to make sure you understand the possible risks as well as the proven benefits.
    Thank you Tracy - for the detailed response. Make sense. I have an appoint with my dermatologist in a few weeks

Hi pem,

I wish you the best in whatever you choose to do.