+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Wait until Tracy chimes in and tries to dispute you.

Got any pics of your mature hairline from that time?
    I don't think she disagrees that it often starts up again.

Only really old pics I have are from vertex area as that was my primary concern based on my family history.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    I don't think she disagrees that it often starts up again.

Only really old pics I have are from vertex area as that was my primary concern based on my family history.
    Yet she is too blind to see that it was MPB in the first place.

Sorry but you are the one who is blind.

Well it wasn't till I hit my early 30's. When you start to get diffuse thinning/miniaturization up front is when it becomes mpb. That is what I was told by one of the hair docs at the time.

Instead of you guys keep poking at each other why not ask one of the hair docs onboard and see what they say?

Instead of you guys keep poking at each other why not ask one of the hair docs onboard and see what they say?
    I have read from well respected hair doctors who's statements support the existence of the adult mature male hair line and that it is a separate thing from hereditary MPB. I can go out and about in the real world and see with my own eyes that what they have said is true. I can look through any high school year book and see that what these doctors are saying is true. One would be very hard pressed to find a competent hair doctor who does not agree with the existence of the adult mature male hair line. There is simply too much evidence to support it's existence as a completely separate trait from hereditary MPB. Doctors may disagree on where the adult mature male hair line is - but they agree that the adult mature male hairline is a common male physical trait that exists separately from hereditary MPB. Yeahyeahyeah is like many others in this forum who are in denial about it - and he is focusing his aggravation with the truth on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I have read from well respected hair doctors who's statements support the existence of the adult mature male hair line and that it is a separate thing from hereditary MPB. I can go out and about in the real world and see with my own eyes that what they have said is true. I can look through any high school year book and see that what these doctors are saying is true. One would be very hard pressed to find a competent hair doctor who does not agree with the existence of the adult mature male hair line. There is simply too much evidence to support it's existence as a completely separate trait from hereditary MPB. Doctors may disagree on where the adult mature male hair line is - but they agree that the adult mature male hairline is a common male physical trait that exists separately from hereditary MPB. Yeahyeahyeah is like many others in this forum who are in denial about it - and he is focusing his aggravation with the truth on me.
    Mine started receding about 7 months before my senior picture was taken. But I bet you could not see it in my pic because I learned how to compensate for it.

I am sure there is something about this in medical literature, so I was hoping a Dr would say something. In the 90's it was all over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    No, the balding process has started with age.

That is what you are seeing.

None of my male cousins have the mythical mature adult hairline, that you keep going bang on about, and they are 30.

Well it wasn't till I hit my early 30's. When you start to get diffuse thinning/miniaturization up front is when it becomes mpb. That is what I was told by one of the hair docs at the time.

Was the shape of your hairline when it became a mature adult hairline the same as mine?

A sharp V?

No, the balding process has started with age.

That is what you are seeing.

None of my male cousins have the mythical mature adult hairline, that you keep going bang on about, and they are 30.

No it's not 100%-

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-mature-hairline.htm

Was the shape of your hairline when it became a mature adult hairline the same as mine?

A sharp V?
    Honestly I can't remember it was so long ago. It did get a V but that might not have been until my late 20's. That is when my grandmother noticed it and said my mom's brother, father, and grandfather had the exact shaped hairline. She accurately predicted their spot would come later...