+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the_dude78 View Post
    More on minoxidil from the website:

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...ine-minoxidil/
    "Minoxidil will work in the front part of the scalp and temples if these areas are just starting to thin – so it is important to apply it to the front part of your scalp and hairline if you are thinning in these areas."

I think the "just starting to thin" is the key here. When I was much younger I had a slight regrowth with just minox, It wasn't much but better than nothing. But over time I lost that hair and my hairline started to slowly go back even though I was still using minox. Had better luck with Fin but after I stopped using it, hairline started creeping back once again.

I think Tracy is right, it's just really really hard to avoid masculine traits.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    "Minoxidil will work in the front part of the scalp and temples if these areas are just starting to thin – so it is important to apply it to the front part of your scalp and hairline if you are thinning in these areas."

I think the "just starting to thin" is the key here. When I was much younger I had a slight regrowth with just minox, It wasn't much but better than nothing. But over time I lost that hair and my hairline started to slowly go back even though I was still using minox. Had better luck with Fin but after I stopped using it, hairline started creeping back once again.

I think Tracy is right, it's just really really hard to avoid masculine traits.
    If you regrew hair on minoxidil, then I don't believe that you would lose it soon. I always wonder, if you guys have such an aggressive form of MPB or if you don't use it properly, every day. It just boggles my mind: You REGROW hair, and soon after you start to lose it? It doesn't make much sense to me.

I have never regrown any hair on 2% minoxidil, but it worked very reliably for 11,5 years. Then I switched to 5% minoxidil and I just try to regrow some hair in my temples with the help of dermaroller. And I have been quite successful so far. Well, so far it has been barely cosmetically effective, but when I consider that I lost that hair 15 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    If you regrew hair on minoxidil, then I don't believe that you would lose it soon. I always wonder, if you guys have such an aggressive form of MPB or if you don't use it properly, every day. It just boggles my mind: You REGROW hair, and soon after you start to lose it? It doesn't make much sense to me.

I have never regrown any hair on 2% minoxidil, but it worked very reliably for 11,5 years. Then I switched to 5% minoxidil and I just try to regrow some hair in my temples with the help of dermaroller. And I have been quite successful so far. Well, so far it has been barely cosmetically effective, but when I consider that I lost that hair 15 years ago...
    Never said I lost it soon in fact it was just the opposite. I regrew a small amount of hair up front and it stayed around for a few years then slowly went. Over TIME as in YEARS my hair has gradually moved back. So gradually that I don't really notice it till it adds up. Like I recently noticed the front of my forehead has become thinner and both hairline corners are becoming more indented.

So is the minox still working up front or not? Can't really say because my family pattern is very slow progression even without meds. Not only that but we bald noticeably faster in the back than recede in the front.

Fast or slow, a little bit or a lot, I think your hair will move back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    This is usually a waste of money and effort because males, especially caucasion males, are genetically programmed to loose their temple hair and develop an adult male hair line. Some males can regrow some of their temple hair with medicine but most males cannot. If your temples are completely void of hair, Minoxidil is not going to help you no matter what concentration you use. If you have at least some vellus hair in your temples, Minoxidil might be able to help you to some degree but the odds are against you.
    She is right, take a look at him for example:

Never said I lost it soon in fact it was just the opposite. I regrew a small amount of hair up front and it stayed around for a few years then slowly went. Over TIME as in YEARS my hair has gradually moved back. So gradually that I don't really notice it till it adds up. Like I recently noticed the front of my forehead has become thinner and both hairline corners are becoming more indented.

So is the minox still working up front or not? Can't really say because my family pattern is very slow progression even without meds. Not only that but we bald noticeably faster in the back than recede in the front.

Fast or slow, a little bit or a lot, I think your hair will move back.
    And did you use it really regularly, every day? Remember that minoxidil doesn't excuse any interruptions of treatment. YOU DIDN'T UNDERTAKE ANYTHING, WHEN YOU STARTED TO LOSE THE REGROWN HAIR? Judging from the fact that you stopped using finasteride, I would say that you don't take your hair therapy much seriously.

If I didn't read the claptrap in the internet, it would never occur to me that the treatment should stop working. I have been on minoxidil for nearly 16 years already and it doesn't seem that it would lose its effectiveness anytime soon. In fact, I start to believe that I could use it indefinitely.

One man called BEACH MAN, who has been using minoxidil for 24 years, summed it up on another forum: "Those for whom Minoxidil actually works to grow mature hair don't want anyone to know that they are using it, just as they don't want anyone to know how much hair they have lost underneath the adjusted (e.g., comb-over) hairstyle designed specifically to conceal the hairloss. Thus not only do they have no need to post on a hairloss website like this; they have had no need to even consider that such sites exist, and most don't even realize that they do. It's primarily just the 34% for whom Minoxidil doesn't work that search out such sites, and not all of those post; they just read and continue web surfing for answers. Therefore you're getting a negatively skewed or distorted percentage of postings regarding the use of Minoxidil and its success/failure rate on hairloss websites, and always will. The same applies to other hairloss treatments for the same reasons. It's the nature of the numbers influenced by human nature."

We see the same with finasteride, after all. Not a long time ago, the hairloss communities spread mythologies that it works only for five years. Now we know that it is effective in 86% people for 10+ years. It's always those hopeless souls, who are whining on internet forums, creating an impression that any hairloss therapy is a lost battle. Some of them even passionately infect people's minds with poisonous crap like the famous "offset regrowth theory" in minoxidil. LOL

In males, Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) is most effective in the vertex and mid-anterior areas. If you currently do not have a problem in these areas, you should not use Minoxidil.

Many males buy Minoxidil to use on there temples and hair lines. This is usually a waste of money and effort because males, especially caucasion males, are genetically programmed to loose their temple hair and develop an adult male hair line. Some males can regrow some of their temple hair with medicine but most males cannot. If your temples are completely void of hair, Minoxidil is not going to help you no matter what concentration you use. If you have at least some vellus hair in your temples, Minoxidil might be able to help you to some degree but the odds are against you.
    Dear Tracy, I appreciate that you want to show your wisdom to the whole world, but you lack enough personal experience and your theoretical knowledge of the topic is also very limited. Your pieces of advice are incredibly silly and I would wish that nobody followed them. Thank you for understanding.

...but you lack enough personal experience and your theoretical knowledge of the topic is also very limited.
    No, I don't lack personal experience and I do have quite a bit of knowledge on this subject. Obviously a great deal more than you. You have no idea who you are talking to.

And did you use it really regularly, every day? Remember that minoxidil doesn't excuse any interruptions of treatment. YOU DIDN'T UNDERTAKE ANYTHING, WHEN YOU STARTED TO LOSE THE REGROWN HAIR? Judging from the fact that you stopped using finasteride, I would say that you don't take your hair therapy much seriously.

If I didn't read the claptrap in the internet, it would never occur to me that the treatment should stop working. I have been on minoxidil for nearly 16 years already and it doesn't seem that it would lose its effectiveness anytime soon. In fact, I start to believe that I could use it indefinitely.

One man called BEACH MAN, who has been using minoxidil for 24 years, summed it up on another forum: [I]"Those for whom Minoxidil actually works to grow mature hair don't want anyone to know that they are using it, just as they don't want anyone to know how much hair they have lost underneath the adjusted (e.g., comb-over) hairstyle designed specifically to conceal the hairloss. Thus not only do they have no need to post on a hairloss website like t

We see the same with finasteride, after all. Not a long time ago, the hairloss communities spread mythologies that it works only for five years. Now we know that it is effective in 86% people for 10+ years. It's always those hopeless souls, who are whining on internet forums, creating an impression that any hairloss therapy is a lost battle. Some of them even passionately infect people's minds with poisonous crap like the famous "offset regrowth theory" in minoxidil. LOL
    Yes I used it every day like I should. I think you misunderstand what I was saying. Hairline recession is like a male secondary trait and it's just hard as hell to stop it.

Minox still works good for me in the back but it's still going to need some help from Fin. And oh I had great results from FIN, better than minox. I stopped because the sides got so bad.

But recently bought more and trying to get back on it slowly.

I know who the 5 year minox guy is. Thing is there was a study saying that and he is just parroting it. I was taught to question everything , so I try to prove what the study says for myself - as long as it's safe.

As far as fin goes, everyone is different but I have alway heard 10 years as a general rule. Some go much longer some less.

Hairline recession is like a male secondary trait and it's just hard as hell to stop it.
    Not like, it is a male secondary trait. Males and females have different hair lines when they become adults. This is a natural and normal physical difference like facial hair, bigger hands, bigger feet, deeper voice, stronger muscles, ungodly body odor and such and so forth. This is especially visible in caucasion males. Of course not all males develop a male hair line, some do retain an adolescent/feminine hair line - but most males develop an adult mature male hair line.

Not like, it is a male secondary trait. Males and females have different hair lines when they become adults. This is a natural and normal physical difference like facial hair, bigger hands, bigger feet, deeper voice, stronger muscles, ungodly body odor and such and so forth. This is especially visible in caucasion males. Of course not all males develop a male hair line, some do retain an adolescent/feminine hair line - but most males develop an adult mature male hair line.
    Yeah, he must be a woman: