X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bishopchester
    • May 2012

Just a quick question, about this brand of proscar

Thanks for your time.
    Is this brand or generic? I ask because the price would suggest it is generic, however it says it is produced by Merck (brand). Thanks again.
  • mattj
    Doctor Representative
    • Oct 2009

They do appear to be Merck Proscar tablets. They have "Merck Sharp & Dohme" on the packet (which is what Merck is known as outside of North America) and it has "film-coated tablets" written in Italian. It's European Merck Proscar.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• Bishopchester
      • May 2012

Originally posted by mattj
      They do appear to be Merck Proscar tablets. They have "Merck Sharp & Dohme" on the packet (which is what Merck is known as outside of North America) and it has "film-coated tablets" written in Italian. It's European Merck Proscar.
      That's what I thought, I'm just amazed that it can be so cheap when I see what other people are paying for brand finasteride. That is cheaper than some generics I've seen!

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

$3.01 per 5mg Tablet for 120 tabs is not that cheap, $360.

They have much cheaper fin on that site.

On that same site, they sell Fincar for $0.78 per 5mg Tablet for 180 tablets. That's $140.00.

They're the same exact thing. What you rather pay, $360 for 120, or $140 for 180?

Comment

• Bishopchester
          • May 2012

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
          $3.01 per 5mg Tablet for 120 tabs is not that cheap, $360.

They have much cheaper fin on that site.

On that same site, they sell Fincar for $0.78 per 5mg Tablet for 180 tablets. That's $140.00.

They're the same exact thing. What you rather pay, $360 for 120, or $140 for 180?
          There's a lot of debate about whether generic is anywhere near as effective as the brand stuff, and when it is that cheap anyway I would rather stay on the safe side

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
            • Jan 2011

I don't know what debate is there, where are these debates going on?

Generic 5 MG are generic for Proscar. Proscar is a generic for Propecia. They're all the same.

I use generic 5mg and it stopped my hair loss. It's been a year and a half.

Well you have money like that, then I suppose it's not a problem for you lol. I am a full time college student and have to go with the cheapest. Good luck with Proscar.

Comment

• Bishopchester
              • May 2012

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
              I don't know what debate is there, where are these debates going on?

Generic 5 MG are generic for Proscar. Proscar is a generic for Propecia. They're all the same.

I use generic 5mg and it stopped my hair loss. It's been a year and a half.

Well you have money like that, then I suppose it's not a problem for you lol. I am a full time college student and have to go with the cheapest. Good luck with Proscar.
              Thanks £150 per year is reasonable in my book to give me a chance of keeping my hair. People have said that the only way to be sure you're getting an effective drug is to get the brand name rather than generic. I mean there must be a reason the generic is cheaper?

Anyway good luck with your fight aswell.

Comment

Working...