+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Questions?

Default Questions?

Hello.

So, I have fine hair, but a lot of it. My hair line is very low, but it's in the 'mature' stage... maybe just less. It's a slight 'V' shape.

What I would like to know is if it's in that pattern at aged 20, is that definitive that a receding hairline could happen? I don't have any thinning anywhere, my hairline is very strong.

Another question is, why do I see so my hairs in the shower and when putting wax/gel on my hair? In the shower I can see about 10 or so, and gelling my hair I can see about 5-10 on my hand. I wash my hair and gel everyday. Is that normal for someone without hair loss?

It's all very confusing this. I noticed friends of mine, one being 22, and one being 24 appear to have straight hair lines. My friend who is 24, his father is completely bald. I don't get it.

It could just be a mature hairline but it's possible that the recession will progress. It's normal to wash away hairs while in the shower, but IMO if you're seeing a lot of hairs when styling your hair then that could be a sign of increased hair=fall. That's one of the first things I noticed when I began to lose hair.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by henrysickle View Post
    Is that normal for someone without hair loss?
    It is normal for a person who is not suffering with hair loss to shed about 100 hairs per day. Some days you may shed more. Other days you may shed less. If you are shedding more than 150 hairs per day, you have a problem. Counting hairs will drive you nutty though, so I don't recommend doing that.

It's all very confusing this. I noticed friends of mine, one being 22, and one being 24 appear to have straight hair lines. My friend who is 24, his father is completely bald. I don't get it.
    Genetics works that way. Most caucasion males will develop an adult male hair line but not all. Those who do not are the anomaly, not you. This is one of those natural and normal physical traits that differ between males and females like a deeper voice, bigger hands, bigger feet and so on. Comparing yourself to other males who are not related to you and still have adolescent/feminine hair lines is not a good thing to be doing. Do the best you can with what you've got.

I see hairs on my hand when I wear product also. I wear putty. I get like 10 hairs on my hand when applying the putty, and I get like 10 in the shower when I wash my hair. Even from the back and sides of my hair, I think.

It's normal... I think? I dunno.

I find myself counting hairs as well, and I've been doing it for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnykino View Post
    It's normal... I think? I dunno.

It is normal for a person who is not suffering with hair loss to shed about 100 hairs per day. Some days you may shed more. Other days you may shed less. If you are shedding more than 150 hairs per day, you have a problem.

What about when you just run your fingers through your hair? Will you catch any hairs then?

After I got on fin and minox I rarely get any hairs on my fingers when I style my hair with hair wax or run my fingers through, and when I do the pull test I sometimes get one or two hairs but often I don't get any at all.

I guess it's diffrent from person to person how their hair cycle is and it doesn't have to mean anything, but I would definitely keep an eye on it if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    It is normal for a person who is not suffering with hair loss to shed about 100 hairs per day. Some days you may shed more. Other days you may shed less. If you are shedding more than 150 hairs per day, you have a problem.
    so, if i'm noticing about 5-10 on my hands after the shower, and about the same with wax, that's normal? even though am seeing some on my hands after applying product?

also, is a v shape hairline without any noticeable thinning okay for a 20 year old? that's not too young, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by the_dude78 View Post
    What about when you just run your fingers through your hair? Will you catch any hairs then?

After I got on fin and minox I rarely get any hairs on my fingers when I style my hair with hair wax or run my fingers through, and when I do the pull test I sometimes get one or two hairs but often I don't get any at all.

I guess it's diffrent from person to person how their hair cycle is and it doesn't have to mean anything, but I would definitely keep an eye on it if I were you.
    erm, i can get about 3-4 when i rub my hands through my hair. every so often i notice a couple of my keyboard, also. but i don't appear to be thinning. i don't get it, and don't know whether to 'trust' the hairs i see on my hand.

so, if i'm noticing about 5-10 on my hands after the shower, and about the same with wax, that's normal? even though am seeing some on my hands after applying product?

also, is a v shape hairline without any noticeable thinning okay for a 20 year old? that's not too young, is it?

erm, i can get about 3-4 when i rub my hands through my hair. every so often i notice a couple of my keyboard, also. but i don't appear to be thinning. i don't get it, and don't know whether to 'trust' the hairs i see on my hand.
    If you don't appear to be thinning, well then you shouldn't worry. But these things do not happen over night and if there is baldness in your family just keep an eye on it.

Think about it... It is normal for a person who is not suffering with hair loss to shed about 100 hairs per day. Some days you may shed more. Other days you may shed less. If you are shedding more than 150 hairs per day, you have a problem.

Not long ago I looked through my old high school year book and counted how many males had developed an adult male hair line by the time they were seniors. Nearly all of them did. Very few did not. Since then I have looked through several other high school year books and guess what?.. Nearly all of these young men had developed their adult male hair lines by the time they were seniors. So no, 20 is not too early. Most males of high school age I see already have an adult male hair line. Very very few do not.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dude78 View Post
    If you don't appear to be thinning, well then you shouldn't worry. But these things do not happen over night and if there is baldness in your family just keep an eye on it.
    Excellent advise. If this is something that concerns you, the best way to keep an eye on it and catch it early if it starts is to take good quality photos of your scalp every six months. Focus on the vertex and mid-anterior areas. The hair line is not a good indicator for MPB. The vertex and mid-anterior are the best true indicators of MPB.

I'm seeing about 10-15 hairs on my hand when I shower. When I was suffering from MPB and was not using any treatment I would get 10x that.

The average person sheds any where from 50 all the way up to 200 hairs a day. But that hair regrows, they come back the same, as thick.

A person suffering from MPB, would shed those same hairs, but the hairs keep coming back weaker and thinner until it appears like it's gone.

So if you don't have MPB, and you're shedding hairs, you don't have to worry about those hairs. They'll grow back. It's if you have MPB that you worry about shedding lots of hairs, cause those hairs will grow back thinner and thinner every time.