+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    inflammation is a major factor in mpb. This has been consistently shown in studies, we also know pgd2 levels are high in inflammtory sites. connect the dots...

just concentrate on inhibiting pgd2 with the pgd2 inhibitor asap.
    well if that's the truth then we're all ****ed... what makes you think that inflammation won't persist after HSC injections?

I don't think the mechanism is so dumb. PGD2 is simply signaling hair to stop growing and move into telogen phase. I bet if you tested a bald scalp on a castrated person, you would find 3x more PGD2 as well due to his hair being in telogen phase....

hmm, I thought that theory was that because of inflammation pgd2 is elevated and inhibits hair growth. So if you lower pgd2 hair starts to grow, but inflammation is still present

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    read my previous posts in this thread. Doesn't my theory make perfect sense? I hope it's not true really but at the moment for me it looks like it might be true...
    well... I think that, unfortunately, this balding process is too complex to be solved just by taking random studies from the internet and doing a lot of guess-work to connect the dots.

It's actually sad that we have to turn ourselves into scientists to figure this shit out just because the real scientists can't solve shit/don't give a shit about us.

but, keep up the good work guys.

About Histogen, we don't even know what they are putting inside the product so how can we speculate what effects it will have and for how long etc ...?

I think they are aware of the fact that if you don't solve the underlaying cause, the new hair won't last long.
    Maybe they will put some anti-inflammatory mediators in the product? we have no way to know.

I also think we shouldn't go from excess optimism to except 'we are all ****ed' pessimism. Just let's keep it balanced.

well if that's the truth then we're all ****ed... what makes you think that inflammation won't persist after HSC injections?

I don't think the mechanism is so dumb. PGD2 is simply signaling hair to stop growing and move into telogen phase. I bet if you tested a bald scalp on a castrated person, you would find 3x more PGD2 as well due to his hair being in telogen phase....
    loooool i give up.

loooool i give up.
    bald person who was castrated after he went bald. If you measured his PGD2 levels on his bald scalp, would you find PGD2 levels elevated?

bald person who was castrated after he went bald. If you measured his PGD2 levels on his bald scalp, would you find PGD2 levels elevated?
    dude ive went over my theory on hairsite before and i STILL stand by that theory.

no they wont find elevated levels of pgd2.

dude ive went over my theory on hairsite before and i STILL stand by that theory.
    your theory sucks. I don't believe your body is that dumb at dealing with MPB and I don't think MPB is that complicated.

no they wont find elevated levels of pgd2.
    I bet they would!

I bet they would!
    betting doesnt get you nowhwere...

Was reading a bit about PGd2. Two things strike me....its released during allergic reactions, and in the brain, PGD2 produces normal physiological sleep and lowering of body temperature.

Currently suffering like mad from hayfever and ive always had sleep problems

No relevance. Obviously we're dealing with PGD2 produced locally within the follicles.

Is it produced by a gene? PTGDS? I imagine in response to inflammation. inflammation caused by DHT maybe?

I still feel theres a piece missing. I cant seem to find any info about what happens to PGd2 in the body once its not needed...Does the body send something else to neutralize the pgd2? Everything in the body is about balance, so there must be something...

Perhaps that is a problem. PGD2 is produced as normal, but the system to clears PGd2 is broken.

Either that or its just PGd2 and inflammation. Somehow other pathways become blocked, and we have lost hair. Caspase-1 is also higher in AGA scalps ive read. Is capase-1 not involved in he inflammatory process?

"These results indicate that both PDGF-AA and -BB are involved in the induction and maintenance of the anagen phase in the mouse hair cycle" growth factors and other molecules might then explain why HSC works. 2020 might just have a point, that it might only last one hair cycle...but I dont care! I believe that means a hair can be around for 2-7 years. Sounds good to me!

The more I read, the more I feel there is some kind of infection, causing inflammation. And our body fights it, which unfortunately...leads to us losing hair.

pro-inflammatory prostaglandin (PG) E2
    anti-inflammatory PGD2 and its metabolites

E2 promotes hair growth, but is pro inflammatory. D2 halts hair growth but is anti inflammatory....

There is more to this than just blocking PGd2.