Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gutted
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 2020
    bald person who was castrated after he went bald. If you measured his PGD2 levels on his bald scalp, would you find PGD2 levels elevated?
    dude ive went over my theory on hairsite before and i STILL stand by that theory.

no they wont find elevated levels of pgd2.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by gutted
      dude ive went over my theory on hairsite before and i STILL stand by that theory.
      your theory sucks. I don't believe your body is that dumb at dealing with MPB and I don't think MPB is that complicated.

Originally posted by gutted
      no they wont find elevated levels of pgd2.
      I bet they would!

Comment

• gutted
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 2020

I bet they would!
        betting doesnt get you nowhwere...

Comment

• neversaynever
          • Dec 2011

Was reading a bit about PGd2. Two things strike me....its released during allergic reactions, and in the brain, PGD2 produces normal physiological sleep and lowering of body temperature.

Currently suffering like mad from hayfever and ive always had sleep problems

No relevance. Obviously we're dealing with PGD2 produced locally within the follicles.

Is it produced by a gene? PTGDS? I imagine in response to inflammation. inflammation caused by DHT maybe?

I still feel theres a piece missing. I cant seem to find any info about what happens to PGd2 in the body once its not needed...Does the body send something else to neutralize the pgd2? Everything in the body is about balance, so there must be something...

Perhaps that is a problem. PGD2 is produced as normal, but the system to clears PGd2 is broken.

Either that or its just PGd2 and inflammation. Somehow other pathways become blocked, and we have lost hair. Caspase-1 is also higher in AGA scalps ive read. Is capase-1 not involved in he inflammatory process?

"These results indicate that both PDGF-AA and -BB are involved in the induction and maintenance of the anagen phase in the mouse hair cycle" growth factors and other molecules might then explain why HSC works. 2020 might just have a point, that it might only last one hair cycle...but I dont care! I believe that means a hair can be around for 2-7 years. Sounds good to me!

The more I read, the more I feel there is some kind of infection, causing inflammation. And our body fights it, which unfortunately...leads to us losing hair.

pro-inflammatory prostaglandin (PG) E2
          anti-inflammatory PGD2 and its metabolites

E2 promotes hair growth, but is pro inflammatory. D2 halts hair growth but is anti inflammatory....

There is more to this than just blocking PGd2.

Comment

Working...