+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    What regulates PG levels?
    the problem looks as if it is cox 2 rather than pgd2.

mice that were genetically bred to overexpress cox2 developed alopecia however using a cox inhibitor restored hair growth.

theres been anecdotal reports of regwoth of hair from cox 2 inhibitors such as sulfasazine and benaxoprofen.

i dont think blocking pgd2 will yeild any dramatic results where as blocking cox2 has already regrown hair on nw7 scalps.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    the problem looks as if it is cox 2 rather than pgd2.

mice that were genetically bred to overexpress cox2 developed alopecia however using a cox inhibitor restored hair growth.

theres been anecdotal reports of regwoth of hair from cox 2 inhibitors such as sulfasazine and benaxoprofen.

i dont think blocking pgd2 will yeild any dramatic results where as blocking cox2 has already regrown hair on nw7 scalps.
    Then why is everyone talking about PGd2? We seem to need some level of pgd2 for hairs to go into a resting phase.

What regulates cox 2?

I wonder how far down the chain we'll need to go to find the link to DHT.

Aparently, cox-2 inhibiting could cause blood pressure problems, as prostaglandins regulate blood pressure. So perhaps inhibiting pgd2 would be safer.

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/conten.../E838.abstract

This guys say DHT alters cox-2 levels.

"Thus we conclude that DHT differentially influences COX-2 levels under physiological and pathophysiological conditions in HCASMC. This effect of DHT on COX-2 involves AR-dependent and- independent mechanisms, depending on the physiological state of the cell"

So is that it? The role of DHT is directly related to Cox 2 levels? I give up. This is stupid.

Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Then why is everyone talking about PGd2? We seem to need some level of pgd2 for hairs to go into a resting phase.

What regulates cox 2?

I wonder how far down the chain we'll need to go to find the link to DHT.

Aparently, cox-2 inhibiting could cause blood pressure problems, as prostaglandins regulate blood pressure. So perhaps inhibiting pgd2 would be safer. I give up.

This is stupid.
    im not sure what regulates cox 2.

i think blocking this enzyme for a while can result in regeneration. ideally topical cox 2 inhibotors would be a better option to avoid any sides.

Quote Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    I agree with you in that individual hair "genetics" is hogwash. The areas that men thin and completely lose there hair follows the area known as the galea aponeurotica. If this is considered coincidence then people need to take a hard look at there over all reasoning. Again I wonder if all of these possible causes, DHT, PGD2, inflammation are not all but one of a two part process to induce balding. Or rather that you need a tight galea aponeurotica for anything to actually cause genetic hair loss and that the genetic is merely the shape at which you scalp is constructed and the degree to which mucles pull on this area. Everything else is just environmental factors increasing or decreasing these DHT or PGD2's.hhmmmmm.....
    But then why do hairs transplanted away from the galea aponeurotica still miniaturize in men who have MPB (even when moved to the forearm)? While hairs from the horseshoe region, or even body hairs, can continue growing when transplanted to the galea aponeurotica region of the scalp?

gutted, then how would you explain the fact that lowering COX-2 would also lower good prostaglandins - PGE2, PGF2... why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    gutted, then how would you explain the fact that lowering COX-2 would also lower good prostaglandins - PGE2, PGF2... why is that?
    i cant...it probably wont lower pge2, pgf2 levels drastically.

the studies are there, the mouse regrew hair when given a cox 2 inhibitor.

cox 2 is overexpressed during the telogen phase, it would be ok to assume pge2, pgf2 levels decline during this phase too if they are beneifical for/promote hair growth.
    All hairs on a bald scalp are in telogen, so it makes sense cox2 is over expressed -> resulting in increased pgd2 in balding scalps

actual people have regrown hair using cox 2 inhibitors, so far no one has regrown hair using pgd2 inhibitors, im not saying it wont work, i think targeting the enzyme rather than the proitein is more powerful.

i cant...it probably wont lower pge2, pgf2 levels drastically.
    yes it will... PGE2 is already lower in bald scalps

yes it will... PGE2 is already lower in bald scalps
    your not sure of that.

like i said, there are actual reports of people growing hair through cox 2 inhibitors.

i also think 5 lox should be inhibited too.

loreal patent -> http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...%22hair+growth

your not sure of that.
    huh? unsure of what? lower PGE2 levels in balding people?

like i said, there are actual reports of people growing hair through cox 2 inhibitors.

i also think 5 lox should be inhibited too.

loreal patent -> http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...%22hair+growth
    I know I know... I actually found that connection first on this very forum. You're a little late. Still, this only proves that prostaglandin "modification" will grow hair but I'm pretty sure blocking COX-2 is the wrong way of doing it

huh? unsure of what? lower PGE2 levels in balding people?

I know I know... I actually found that connection first on this very forum. You're a little late. Still, this only proves that prostaglandin "modification" will grow hair but I'm pretty sure blocking COX-2 is the wrong way of doing it
    dude, i couldnt give a rats ass!

all i want to do is grow hair on my temples. I now know inhibiting cox2 and 5 lox provided me with one hair way below my hairline a few years ago which is still here to do this day. It was a similar fashion as to how those people on arthritis drugs grew hair. it looked weird.
    You would think this hair would have fallen out by now, however its still here.

Supplying hairs with pge2 will probably end up like minox, and the hairs will fall out as soon as treatment is stopped.

Well why dont some of you's try blocking pgd2 and others block cox2. That way we wont need to wait twice as long to find out which one works.