+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
    Probably all the above mentioned more important medical breakthroughs will come along during our lifetime but a hairloss cure seems to be in a league of it's own. I don't know why it is so difficult. I watched 60 minutes TV a while back and they showed scientists who created a living kidney and a beating heart valve. You can go to their website and archive the show.

I mentioned all the current companies like Replicel and Hitogen and that is what he told me. "Not in my lifetime". Maybe it's because i'm in my 40's and my hairloss is so extensive. I don't know.

But I will say this, for those younger sufferers there is hope as long as you use current meds to slow or stop MPB until the cure is at hand. For me it seems that the curtain has closed.
    Jesus mate. Do you have an FUT scar?

If not I suggest just skinning it and accepting who you are. It sounds like you are trying to do that.

I can't believe I've got a ****ing FUT scar. I actually look at balding peeps that have skinned with jealously - I think they manned up why the **** didn't I.

I'm probably going to get the tattoo in my scar and a #1 at some point. And forget about this nightmare.

In the meantime I'll be here watching... talking... hoping....

Probably all the above mentioned more important medical breakthroughs will come along during our lifetime but a hairloss cure seems to be in a league of it's own. I don't know why it is so difficult. I watched 60 minutes TV a while back and they showed scientists who created a living kidney and a beating heart valve. You can go to their website and archive the show.

I mentioned all the current companies like Replicel and Hitogen and that is what he told me. "Not in my lifetime". Maybe it's because i'm in my 40's and my hairloss is so extensive. I don't know.

But I will say this, for those younger sufferers there is hope as long as you use current meds to slow or stop MPB until the cure is at hand. For me it seems that the curtain has closed.
    So basically what he said was, that we shouldn't expect Histogen or Replicel anytime soon? Not even in 10-15 years?

That is truly depressing.

That sucks horseshoe, but at least he was ethical enough to give it to you straight instead of taking your money and performing a botch job on you that would have left you in an even worse position.

As for the not in your lifetime comment I don't care who the surgeon was, him saying not in your lifetime holds about as much weight as people on this forum saying a cure will be here in 2014, no one can say that with any certainty. I bet if you took a poll of all hair transplant surgeons on the likelihood of a breakthrough treatment coming out in the next 10 years you would get the same results if you held that same poll on this website.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dude78 View Post
    So basically what he said was, that we shouldn't expect Histogen or Replicel anytime soon? Not even in 10-15 years?

That is truly depressing.
    Don't be too depressed, just skin it and be patient.

That HT doc has no idea as to when histogen or aderans will be available. But it's very likely it will be in our life times - I guess we'll all find out more this October at the next annual hair loss convention

The HT doctor that Horseshoe saw might have meant literal cloning of follicles, in a lab. The doctor might not even have any idea that Aderans, Replicel and Histogen even exist! The one thing I got the impression from reading Rassman's blog is that some HT doctors are extremely set in their ways. It wouldn't surprise me if the average HT doctor might be far less aware of possible future treatments as the average BTT forum-goer!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    The HT doctor that Horseshoe saw might've meant literal cloning of follicles, in a lab. The doctor might even have no idea that Aderans, Replicel and Histogen even exist! The one thing I got the impression from reading Rassman's blog is that some HT doctors are extremely set in their ways. Many HT doctors might not even be as aware of possible future treatments as the average BTT forum-goer!
    In which case that HT doctor is an old c U n T that probably still thinks hair plugs are new technology.

New thing to ask HT docs before you get a transplant "are you aware of companies like Histogen and Aderans - and if so what are your thoughts..."

If you were going to a web development company to get a website and they didnt know what responsive design was... same thing.... they are not a company that cares about the future... or even the current technologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    New thing to ask HT docs before you get a transplant "are you aware of companies like Histogen and Aderans - and if so what are your thoughts..."
    Very good point.

Also, I'm not one for conspiracy theory nonsense, but it would certainly suit the self-interests of HT doctors as cosmetic surgeons to downplay the potential of the future super-treatments, seeing as those, if they hit the market, could well make a lot of HT procedures obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    Very good point.

Also, I'm not one for conspiracy theory nonsense, but it would certainly suit the self-interests of HT doctors as cosmetic surgeons to downplay the potential of the future super-treatments, seeing as those, if they hit the market, could well make a lot of HT procedures obsolete.
    Ya I think too many people rely on the sanctity of the title of "Medical Doctor" and take everything they say as gospel. While many doctors are very innovative, many are also stuck in their ways and went to medical school decades ago and their knowledge of future treatments is based on what drug reps tell them.

Also, people don't become HT surgeons or Plastic surgeons because of their love of helping people and saving lives and the field of medicine, they do it because they are extremely lucrative fields. Every cosmetic oriented oriented healthcare facility I've been to always has the nicest and most decorated, have the most fancy TVs with before and after transformations looping, have the shiniest brochures and posters, and the friendliest and most accommodating staff. They are sales facilities as much as they are medical ones, and the doctors are salesmen. HT docs, plastic surgeons, cosmetic dentists, cosmetic dermatologists, want your money, and they want it now.

Which IAHRS doctors did you see and who told you not in your lifetime? I do not think tattooing a virgin scalp as a N7 is going to benefit you in any way. You will regret it in time so please think about it very carefully. It's a very bad idea. If you had a scar that you wanted to hide, that would be a different story. Be smart, you have lived your life as a very bald man for a long time, why not just shave your head or get a piece?

From what I understand, Histogen will be out in 3+ years. I would say that's within your lifetime. There is still reason to be hopeful. Scalp tattoo = bad idea imo.

Wonder who the surgeon was? and why he would say that?