+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default saw palmetto can stop, reverse fin side effects!!!

i take both finasteride and saw palmetto. i personally dont think saw palmetto is great for hairloss as it doesnt directly target the dht that causes mpb but it can hurt. i do however reccomend it for another reason and heres why.

side effects of fin include decreased libido and decreased urinary flow.
    saw palmetto is proven to increase urinary flow and is also a mild aphrodisiac so if your taking fin, by taking saw palmetto aswell you will reduce your chances of sides if not completely mask or reverse them.

i started both fin and saw palmetto at the same time and the only side effect i noticed was increased libido.

saw palmetto works via different mechanisms for hairloss.

hmm this makes me want to try saw palmetto I guess...........

worth a final punt?

SP side effects include loss of libido just like Finasteride.

I upped the dose on Fin and now I think about sex more often. And i'm not a person who really thinks a lot about sex to begin with. I'm not a saint, but i'm not a pervert either. I'm also waking up with boners more often now in the morning. - i'm sorry for this detailed paragraph.

Though, I also take multivitamins, and Biotin, I drink protein shakes as well. I don't know what correlation any of these things have with higher libido. But i've never been negatively effected by finasteride.

I had increased libido for a couple of weeks after first starting finasteride. Then the crash hit me and still not recovered.

Sorry to hear that. I have been on finasteride for 1 year and 6 months and never had libido problems.

I was also on the Propecia brand on and off from 2008-2010, for like about 6 months each of those years. With no side effects.

I think I just have too much DHT. Hence my aggressive hair loss, starting at age 15 with mild recession, and hitting me really hard at 19. Finasteride hasn't been able to lower my DHT enough to effect my libido probably?

Maybe Dutasteride would lower my DHT so much, that it would lower my libido?

I'll see at the end of the year when I switch to it. If it does, I would just go back to fin which has never given me any problems no matter what dose.

Yep, I had this theory myself. I noticed that more men with libido problems only have minor balding.

I've made the point that the trials have men with balding higher in the Norwood scale, so they're fundamentally biased and therefore cannot be relied upon. Every time I bring it up someone criticises the theory, but it seems perfectly feasible to me and could potentially prevent a lot of bad situations like mine...

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I have been on finasteride for 1 year and 6 months and never had libido problems.

I was also on the Propecia brand on and off from 2008-2010, for like about 6 months each of those years. With no side effects.

I think I just have too much DHT. Hence my aggressive hair loss, starting at age 15 with mild recession, and hitting me really hard at 19. Finasteride hasn't been able to lower my DHT enough to effect my libido probably?
    Same here the problem with FIN is mostly when you drop it, that's when you get really ****ed up.

But if you had 0 sides at all, then you should be good.