+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

You at least grew an inch. I didn't grow anything at all.

I have pictures of me and my younger friends when I was 13-14, where I towered over every one lmao. Those same guys are now taller than me. They're about 3-4 years younger than me now. Though to be fair, the friends who I grew up with who are my age, are all about the same height as me, give or take an inch. There's one rare case, who's 6'. But every one else is 5' 6-5' 8. While this new batch of kids are like relatives of Paul Bunyan or something. It has to be something that maybe the lunch in school started putting after us older guys left. Cause nowadays all these younglings are freaking tall as shit at age 15-16. I could play ball with the 14 year olds in my neighborhood and blend in with them, passing by you would think i'm only 3-4 years older than them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    huh?? Of course it does
    if you believe the two work exactly the same then can you explain to me why
    nobody experiences the same results with saw palmetto if any? and why people dont seem to get side effects from saw palmetto.
    and dont say because fin is stronger because yes it is but no dosage of saw palmetto can give the same results as fin.

"Finasteride, sold only by prescription, blocks the action of 5-alpha-reductase, an enzyme that changes testosterone, the dominant male hormone, to dihydrotestosterone, also called DHT. Saw palmetto appears to decrease 5-alpha-reductase slightly and may have other hormonal effects. Saw palmetto also has inhibitory effects on male hormone receptors.

I believe mechanisms of action of these two are different and so is the impact.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    SP side effects include loss of libido just like Finasteride.
    Saw palmetto is proven to be a mild aphrodisiac.
    i have experienced increased libido from it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by friezy View Post
    Saw palmetto is proven to be a mild aphrodisiac.
    i have experienced increased libido from it myself.
    this is probably because of the increased testosterone levels that are available.

Quote Originally Posted by friezy View Post
    if you believe the two work exactly the same then can you explain to me why
    nobody experiences the same results with saw palmetto if any? and why people dont seem to get side effects from saw palmetto.
    and dont say because fin is stronger because yes it is but no dosage of saw palmetto can give the same results as fin.

"Finasteride, sold only by prescription, blocks the action of 5-alpha-reductase, an enzyme that changes testosterone, the dominant male hormone, to dihydrotestosterone, also called DHT. Saw palmetto appears to decrease 5-alpha-reductase slightly and may have other hormonal effects. Saw palmetto also has inhibitory effects on male hormone receptors.

I believe mechanisms of action of these two are different and so is the impact.
    right but he said that the way SP works is not by doing anything with DHT and I pointed out that it's wrong.... yeah it's a mild 5ar inhibitor and it also blocks some of DHT at its receptors

2020, the onus is on people prescribing these medicines to prove their safety. if the participants in their trials are all susceptible to higher Norwood levels of balding, then it's not a fair study, because it doesn't reflect how the drug is being used in the wider populace. It makes me laugh people cite a Japanese study - a completely indigenous population, how can that be applicable to Caucasian or black people?

I'm calling them out on this and until I see more comprehensive and unbiased studies.

You can scream the sky is green until then, but it's tiring.

Furthermore, we don't know enough about the interactions of this drug on the male hormonal system. That being the case, any oversights such as the ones I've highlights are serious and should be investigated. Unfortunately, the drug companies don't really care, so long as they get past FDA, which they've done, and managed to suppress the extent of the side effects issue by revising labels to appease concerned parties and cover themselves legally. Eventually the camel's back will break, mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    right but he said that the way SP works is not by doing anything with DHT and I pointed out that it's wrong.... yeah it's a mild 5ar inhibitor and it also blocks some of DHT at its receptors
    yeah... saw palmetto has constituents in it that inhibits dht to an extent - its speculated to be beta sitosterol.

This is why i state, the brand/supplement (more precisisley, the beta sitosterol content of the specific supplment) determines whethere an individual will suffer sides with saw palmetto, hence why theres mixed reports from users of saw palmetoo of decreased libido, weaker erections etc yet others are fine.

Too much dht suppression is not neccassarily good for you, you need to find the balance, in fact this can be detrimental to your hair This also applies to fin.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    2020, the onus is on people prescribing these medicines to prove their safety. if the participants in their trials are all susceptible to higher Norwood levels of balding, then it's not a fair study, because it doesn't reflect how the drug is being used in the wider populace. It makes me laugh people cite a Japanese study - a completely indigenous population, how can that be applicable to Caucasian or black people?
    WHAT DOES YOUR FOLLICLE AR SENSITIVITY GOT TO DO WITH YOUR SIDE EFFECTS!?!? I proved you wrong a long time ago. Why are you still arguing?

You've proven nothing. Show me the studies I'm asking for, otherwise, shut up.