+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

A bit off topic, since we're talking about DHT and finasteride.

Have you read the post where I said that it makes no sense that Finasteride is only allowed to 18year+ males, due to DHT still being needed for the body to grow.

Doesn't make sense, because female bodies are the one's that stop growing at 18. Males stop growing in height at age 21, and stop growing in general at age 25. I started taking fin at age 18, i'm now 23 and i'm the same height I have been in my late teens! And I have been the same weight I was when I was a teen, and every body new I meet, guesses i'm no older than 18.

So i'm thinking Finasteride stopped me from growing. This is something I don't discuss because it sounds crazy and every one will put it down. But it is a theory of mine. Now I think it's too late to get taller, not even HGH can help me, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by friezy View Post
    i personally dont think saw palmetto is great for hairloss as it doesnt directly target the dht that causes mpb but it can hurt.
    huh?? Of course it does

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Yep, I had this theory myself. I noticed that more men with libido problems only have minor balding.
    how the hell could you notice such things? You can tell if a person has a libido problems simply by looking at them or do you ask them?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I've made the point that the trials have men with balding higher in the Norwood scale, so they're fundamentally biased and therefore cannot be relied upon. Every time I bring it up someone criticises the theory, but it seems perfectly feasible to me and could potentially prevent a lot of bad situations like mine...
    it makes ZERO sense. It makes as much sense as the "ocean water" and "heat from shoes" theory that currently goes around on IH forums. Those people are crazy. Don't become like them.

amount of DHT interacting with follicles + AR sensitivity = rate of balding.

Simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I upped the dose on Fin and now I think about sex more often. And i'm not a person who really thinks a lot about sex to begin with. I'm not a saint, but i'm not a pervert either. I'm also waking up with boners more often now in the morning. - i'm sorry for this detailed paragraph.

Though, I also take multivitamins, and Biotin, I drink protein shakes as well. I don't know what correlation any of these things have with higher libido. But i've never been negatively effected by finasteride.
    Oh yeah and in addition to those things, I also take fish oil and flax seed oil from time to time.

A bit off topic, since we're talking about DHT and finasteride.

Have you read the post where I said that it makes no sense that Finasteride is only allowed to 18year+ males, due to DHT still being needed for the body to grow.

Doesn't make sense, because female bodies are the one's that stop growing at 18. Males stop growing in height at age 21, and stop growing in general at age 25. I started taking fin at age 18, i'm now 23 and i'm the same height I have been in my late teens! And I have been the same weight I was when I was a teen, and every body new I meet, guesses i'm no older than 18.

So i'm thinking Finasteride stopped me from growing. This is something I don't discuss because it sounds crazy and every one will put it down. But it is a theory of mine. Now I think it's too late to get taller, not even HGH can help me, probably.
    mhm not really. A lot of people stop growing at 16-18. How tall are you? Are you shorter than your parents?

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    mhm not really. A lot of people stop growing at 16-18. How tall are you? Are you shorter than your parents?
    I'm 5' 7", taller than my mother of course. And my dad is taller than me at 5' 10".

I just don't get why I see all of these little kids, who are so tiny at 13, then from 14-16 go in to NBA level growth spurts. Almost every kid in my neighborhood is like 5' 9" - 5' 10", only in their mid teens. The hell do they ate. I know genes have every thing to do with it, but damn.

well I doubt fin can stunt your growth.... even hermaphrodites are of normal height so I don't think it matters.

Both your parents seem to be of average height so you turned out to be of average height as well... nothing abnormal here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    well I doubt fin can stunt your growth.... even hermaphrodites are of normal height so I don't think it matters.

Both your parents seem to be of average height so you turned out to be of average height as well... nothing abnormal here.
    I was 5' 7" in 7th grade, when I was 14. I'm 23 and i'm still 5' 7". That does not seem okay to me. Looks like I got my growth spurt early, and didn't grow a god damn inch after that. It's frustrating to be bald at a young age, stop growing at a young age...and look like a teenager entering my mid 20s.

How tall are you? And when did you stop growing, height wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Same here the problem with FIN is mostly when you drop it, that's when you get really ****ed up.

But if you had 0 sides at all, then you should be good.
    theres a perfectly good explanantion why this occurs you know its all homestasis.

on a side note, people who are on fin, can advance to nw7 BECAUSE they are on fin when had they addressed there imbalance by other means rather than constantly popping fin, there androgen levels would have natrually dropped over the course of age/time and if they were lucky probably would have been at nw2/3 but because their altered hormonal profile (caused by fin) means androgen levels/AR sensitivity are not dropping over the course of thier life but in fact rising, hence they will go more balder than what "destiny" was supposed to have in store for them!

I was 5' 7" in 7th grade, when I was 14. I'm 23 and i'm still 5' 7". That does not seem okay to me. Looks like I got my growth spurt early, and didn't grow a god damn inch after that. It's frustrating to be bald at a young age, stop growing at a young age...and look like a teenager entering my mid 20s.
    How tall are you? And when did you stop growing, height wise?
    that happens a lot more often than you think...
    I personally stopped growing at around 16 or so. My driver's license which I got at 16 says 6'0" but right now at 21 I'm 6'1" so I grew just an inch since....