+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I'm back: latest

Yo guys, I have not been on here for a while.

I have now been taking:

Propecia, Toco-8, and Minoxidil daily for 3 months now.

I just received my next 3 month course of Propecia yesterday.

-I have had zero side effects.

-I have had zero shedding.

I really cannot tell if these medications are working for me, unfortunately as I have not got much hair on the top of my head and the fact I wear it at grade 1 means it is hard to see any positives.

When you have long hair you see the hairs falling out when you shower, as I do not have long hair I cannot do a count test to see if my hairloss has reduced. My hairloss is also relatively slow so after a 3 month period I cannot tell if it has got worse.

I am fairly sure it has not got better, As far as I can see, no significant growth of hair has occurred if at all.

I will only be able to tell in the long run, when I start noticing that my hair is continuing to fall by simply looking in the mirror and seeing more scalp.

I am hitting the 3-6 months mark now, Propecia's instructions states that it should work in this time period. So maybe something significant will happen in the next 3 months.

As I have always said, I do not really believe in these medications whatsoever, I gave in to them as I did not want to lose my final strands of hair on top and have no other option, many people in here big up Propecia and guess what they convinced me to give it ago.

It is supposed to work for 9/10 people so it should by chance work for me, I remain sceptical, if after another 3 months on this stuff I see no difference then I will definitely be anti-hair-loss-drugs.

Thumbs up

Good you had no initial side effects from taking Propecia. Stay on it and be hopeful! I strongly suggest you take Biotin that may help with hair growth and also may prevent hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Good you had no initial side effects from taking Propecia. Stay on it and be hopeful! I strongly suggest you take Biotin that may help with hair growth and also may prevent hair loss.
    I use Nizoral once a week, I may be wrong but does that have some Biotin in it?

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I use Nizoral once a week, I may be wrong but does that have some Biotin in it?
    I meant Biotin 5 mg Caps. Nizoral is a shampoo, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    I meant Biotin 5 mg Caps. Nizoral is a shampoo, huh?
    yeah, cheers for the tip.

I take Biotin 5,000 mcg every day, twice a day.

It does not stop hair loss, it does not promote new hair growth/regrow hair.

Biotin however, makes your current hair grow faster. It's good if you're trying to grow out your existing hair. Biotin has no effect on MPB.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Yo guys, I have not been on here for a while.

I have now been taking:

Propecia, Toco-8, and Minoxidil daily for 3 months now.
    Why do you use Toco 8 when you are already taking propecia ?

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I take Biotin 5,000 mcg every day, twice a day.

It does not stop hair loss, it does not promote new hair growth/regrow hair.

Biotin however, makes your current hair grow faster. It's good if you're trying to grow out your existing hair. Biotin has no effect on MPB.
    Exactly, biotin doesn't do anything in terms of hair loss, it just speeds up hair growth.

Ive taken it in high doses whenever Ive gotten shit haircuts. You can also tell biotin works as youll notice your nails growing at a fast rate as well

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    Exactly, biotin doesn't do anything in terms of hair loss, it just speeds up hair growth.

Ive taken it in high doses whenever Ive gotten shit haircuts. You can also tell biotin works as youll notice your nails growing at a fast rate as well
    Yep, I clip my nails every week when i'm on Biotin.

And that's exactly what I use it for too, to grow out my hair after haircuts.

It's a hair, skin and nail vitamin, but when it mentions hair, it means hair growth, not hair loss prevention or that it thickens your thinning hair.

Still good to use it for those other reasons, mainly skin and hair. And the other good side of it is that it doesn't make your hair loss any worse either. So it's safe to use for MPB sufferers, another good one is MSM.

Maybe if you had started finasteride earlier you would have better results.