Receding at 17!? PICTURES (Update)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amadeus
    • Dec 2008

You’re very young and yes your hairline might have receded a bit, but so has many young guys and many times it just stays put for years. Tracy has given you good advice. Taking the advice from some of the younger guys who think they know it all because the scour the hair loss forums is not a good idea. Beware of the guys who insult other posters or who simply regurgitate what they have read on hair loss forums. You should definitely speak with your doctor. Tracy has been posting here for a while and always seems to speak from a logical and experienced point of view. If you were to take anyone’s advice on this thread the safest bet would be hers.

Comment

• ThisGuy
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by CallumVaughan94
      So am I receding or not people! Apparently it looks the same as it did a couple of months ago but I'm getting VERY different replies than I did last time in my other thread!

Give me the truth -
      1) Does it look bad?
      2) Is it a receding hairline?
      3) Will it get worse?
      4) Is there nothing wrong and I'm just over-thinking

Doesn't look really bad yet. But yes you are definitely receding. You are 17 years old and kind of doing the combover on the temples -- and you know thats what you're doing. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk either. Just telling you what I see. The problem is at 17, hopping on propecia is such a long commitment to make. But if you think your hair is thinning / receding, then you should take action.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Maradona
        Very good in my opinon. You're the one giving bad advice to everyone with your mature hairlines and get on fin.

Mature hairlines is BALDING, it is CAUSED by DHT. It's not about broad shoulders and whatever you say all the time. It simply stops there EITHER indefinitely or for some time.

Mature hairline and the "very mature" you point are a great indicator of future balding.
        I agree that telling him to get on RU is bad advice on different levels.

First of all, that's not even an FDA approved drug.

Then you know how hard it is to get it, especially to get it legit. You just never know, and it's so expensive.

Lastly, from what I have read, it gives the same exact results Finasteride gives[stops/slows down hair loss] but supposedly without side effects. With the price of the drug, you would think it's a wonder drug that can get 100% regrowth, on 100% of users.

Comment

• Maradona
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
          I probably agree with only half of everything Tracy C says, but I agree that telling him to get on RU is bad advice on different levels.

First of all, that's not even an FDA approved drug.

Then you know how hard it is to get it, especially to get it legit. You just never know, and it's so expensive.

Lastly, from what I have read, it gives the same exact results Finasteride gives[stops/slows down hair loss] but supposedly without side effects. With the price of the drug, you would think it's a wonder drug that can get 100% regrowth, on 100% of users.
          Yeah what option does he have? He can't use fin yet. It's the strongest anti-androgen after fin. It is topically so side effects are much less risky.

FDA approved don't mean anything with fin on the market destroying lives especially with spiro, keto and those things used for hairloss that are FDA approved for other stuff too.

Spencer says it's because it's the era of the internet and that makes it sound so common, yes and that is a good thing.

What the hell does he want? Live in dinosaur time so that nobody knows the dangers of fin?

Side effects on his age are too HIGH. But he can just wait it out because he didn't mention shedding and he is only receding, that should last him a big while.

Either use rogaine or RU, or risk BIG with fin. No doctor in their right mind will prescribe him fin.

Comment

• Tracy C
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Maradona
            You are the most ignorant person on baldtruth...
            It is very obvious that that statement is not true in any way shape or form.

Don't talk to me.

Comment

Working...