+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Very good in my opinon. You're the one giving bad advice to everyone with your mature hairlines and get on fin.
    You are ignoring reality. RU has not been approved by the FDA. It's safety and efficacy have not yet been determined - and it is not available in the U.S. through legitimate channels. Recommending it is unethical and immoral.

I do not advise people to get on fin. I advise people to talk to their doctor about it. Finasteride has helped many many males. I personally know many males who are taking Finasteride and it has helped each and every one of them. I do not know a single person in real life who has had a problem with the medicine.

The mature adult male hair line is real. Get off your butt, away from the computer, out into the real world, open your blind eyes and look around you. This persistent denial is foolish nonsense equal to insisting that the sky is not blue. It doesn't hurt to consistently refuse to accept reality on this matter - but it certainly does not help you.

You just planted yourself very firmly on the very top of my poo list. Don't you even think of talking to me.

Arrow

So am I receding or not people! Apparently it looks the same as it did a couple of months ago but I'm getting VERY different replies than I did last time in my other thread!

Give me the truth -
    1) Does it look bad?
    2) Is it a receding hairline?
    3) Will it get worse?
    4) Is there nothing wrong and I'm just over-thinking

Quote Originally Posted by CallumVaughan94 View Post
    So am I receding or not people!
    It looks exactly the same as it did before to me. No it does not look bad. It looks normal.

It looks like normal masculinization to me. You are not a little boy any more. You are becoming a man. Men and women have different hair lines, especially in caucasions. This is one of those normal physical traits that differ between males and females like bigger hands, bigger feet, deeper voice and so on. You now have a male hair line.

No one can tell you if it will get worse or not. The best you can do is look to your older male relatives from both sides of you family and attempt to predict what you might look like. You can also start taking good quality pictures of your hair every six months to allow you to more accurately tell if it is getting worse. Those pictures need to include your vertex and mid-anterior. If you are only taking pictures of your hair line you are wasting your time.

It does not look like there is anything wrong at this time. You now know how to keep an eye on it. What you do with that information is entirely up to you.

So am I receding or not people! Apparently it looks the same as it did a couple of months ago but I'm getting VERY different replies than I did last time in my other thread!

Give me the truth -
    1) Does it look bad?
    3) Will it get worse?

You have MPB - recession

The good news is, it may stabalize.

The bad news is; nobody knows. But given your age, that the severe recession has hit you chances are it wont.

My hairline went back at about 25/26 for example, and it is not as receeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You are ignoring reality. RU has not been approved by the FDA. It's safety and efficacy have not yet been determined - and it is not available in the U.S. through legitimate channels. Recommending it is unethical and immoral.

I do not advise people to get on fin. I advise people to talk to their doctor about it. Finasteride has helped many many males. I personally know many males who are taking Finasteride and it has helped each and every one of them. I do not know a single person in real life who has had a problem with the medicine.

The mature adult male hair line is real. Get off your butt, away from the computer, out into the real world, open your blind eyes and look around you. This persistent denial is foolish nonsense equal to insisting that the sky is not blue. It doesn't hurt to consistently refuse to accept reality on this matter - but it certainly does not help you.

You just planted yourself very firmly on the very top of my poo list. Don't you even think of talking to me.
    Hair transplants are not FDA aproved either that's not a good example but there are many things that aren't FDA approved and are SAFE and sometimes EFFECTIVE for some.

You are the most ignorant person on baldtruth, you can't see anything beyond mature hairlines and fin. Can't you understand that RU is simply an ANTI-ADROGEN?

its all about cutting the DHT from attaching to your AR receptors or destroying the AR receptors. Anything that can do that is called an DHT blocker and therefore can help in hairloss, is that so hard to understand for your old monkey brain? You are too old to be here and don't contribute anything else than it's on the books or what people already know.

Of course finasteride works it blocks DHT, but blocking DHT altogether from your body is VERY dangerous there are countless of papers proving this, not for everyone of course. I don't think he wants to play russian roulette when there are other treatments before jumping the gun.

There is recently a family protesting that their son committed suicide from propecia. It is understandable I suffer from permanent sides but they are not too bad thank god.

There hasn't been a single complaint for 5 years of people using RU ON THE INTERNET. I can't say that about FIN.

ANTI-ANDROGEN = MORE HAIR.

ANYTHING APPLIED TOPICALLY = SAFER THAN INTERNALLY.

I hope your monkey brain can understand that.

I am not saying Mature hairlines don't exist, of course they do some people's hair are supcetible to DHT only at the temples and some of them LIKE ME started at THE TEMPLES and bought the mature hairline myth for a long time.

There are scientific studies confirming it is a great indicator of future balding.
    Mature hairline = partial balding = WATCH OUT.

Your HAIR gone at the temples = those hair WERE supcetible to DHT = high chance that you will BALD in the future =/ BROAD shoulders.

Yes I won't bother replying to you anymore because you are not worth it, you don't bring a SINGLE INTELLIGENT statement all YOU DO BABBLE the same stuff. Save your energy because those people already know or will know that without you telling them.

Oh about my poo list, you've been on it for a long time.

I like to call it POO LIST for ignorants. You've been on the top for a long time and I think you will be there till the end of times. I'm pretty sure your on the IGNORANT POO list for many people on this site too although nobody has the BALLS to tell you that.

People simply see your name and go to the next post because you repeat the same bullcrap.

OP for your own sake and safety do what everyone else on this site does: ignore Tracy, maybe me as well but listen to the others.

You’re very young and yes your hairline might have receded a bit, but so has many young guys and many times it just stays put for years. Tracy has given you good advice. Taking the advice from some of the younger guys who think they know it all because the scour the hair loss forums is not a good idea. Beware of the guys who insult other posters or who simply regurgitate what they have read on hair loss forums. You should definitely speak with your doctor. Tracy has been posting here for a while and always seems to speak from a logical and experienced point of view. If you were to take anyone’s advice on this thread the safest bet would be hers.

Give me the truth -
    1) Does it look bad?
    3) Will it get worse?

Doesn't look really bad yet. But yes you are definitely receding. You are 17 years old and kind of doing the combover on the temples -- and you know thats what you're doing. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk either. Just telling you what I see. The problem is at 17, hopping on propecia is such a long commitment to make. But if you think your hair is thinning / receding, then you should take action.

Very good in my opinon. You're the one giving bad advice to everyone with your mature hairlines and get on fin.

Mature hairlines is BALDING, it is CAUSED by DHT. It's not about broad shoulders and whatever you say all the time. It simply stops there EITHER indefinitely or for some time.

Mature hairline and the "very mature" you point are a great indicator of future balding.
    I agree that telling him to get on RU is bad advice on different levels.

First of all, that's not even an FDA approved drug.

Then you know how hard it is to get it, especially to get it legit. You just never know, and it's so expensive.

Lastly, from what I have read, it gives the same exact results Finasteride gives[stops/slows down hair loss] but supposedly without side effects. With the price of the drug, you would think it's a wonder drug that can get 100% regrowth, on 100% of users.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I probably agree with only half of everything Tracy C says, but I agree that telling him to get on RU is bad advice on different levels.

First of all, that's not even an FDA approved drug.

Then you know how hard it is to get it, especially to get it legit. You just never know, and it's so expensive.

Lastly, from what I have read, it gives the same exact results Finasteride gives[stops/slows down hair loss] but supposedly without side effects. With the price of the drug, you would think it's a wonder drug that can get 100% regrowth, on 100% of users.
    Yeah what option does he have? He can't use fin yet. It's the strongest anti-androgen after fin. It is topically so side effects are much less risky.

FDA approved don't mean anything with fin on the market destroying lives especially with spiro, keto and those things used for hairloss that are FDA approved for other stuff too.

Spencer says it's because it's the era of the internet and that makes it sound so common, yes and that is a good thing.

What the hell does he want? Live in dinosaur time so that nobody knows the dangers of fin?

Side effects on his age are too HIGH. But he can just wait it out because he didn't mention shedding and he is only receding, that should last him a big while.

Either use rogaine or RU, or risk BIG with fin. No doctor in their right mind will prescribe him fin.

You are the most ignorant person on baldtruth...
    It is very obvious that that statement is not true in any way shape or form.

Don't talk to me.