Receding at 17!? PICTURES (Update) - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9

    Exclamation Receding at 17!? PICTURES (Update)

    The older thread an be found here:

    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7472


    Basically, has it got worse? Looks the same to me but I keep thinking about it so naturally am getting self conscious about it again. So was wondering what you think?

    Also, my hair is a lot shorter in these pictures
    Thanks, Callum
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20120615.JPG

Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	15478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20120615_1.JPG

Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	15479   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20120615_3.JPG

Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	15480   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20120615_4.JPG

Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	15481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20120615_5.JPG

Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	15482   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20120615_6.JPG

Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	15483  

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    Lol, I can't really tell, maybe matured hairline? You're hair looks good, Johnny Bravo.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CallumVaughan94 View Post
    The older thread an be found here:

    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7472


    Basically, has it got worse? Looks the same to me but I keep thinking about it so naturally am getting self conscious about it again. So was wondering what you think?

    Also, my hair is a lot shorter in these pictures
    Thanks, Callum
    Your hairstyle is amazing, how do you do it like that?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Your hair looks good man. I was like that for most of my 20s. receeded but still very thick. I'd say stay away from finasteride and other meds for now unless you start seeing thinning at the crown and top /mid scalp.


    I started on fin 7 months ago mainly to try and stop further recession but since starting my hair has become extremely thin and way worse than before. Ironically I now have a very thin crown and front part/hairline. So stay away unless you are sure you have/are getting crown and mid scalp thinning.

    All the best

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alex82 View Post
    Your hair looks good man. I was like that for most of my 20s. receeded but still very thick. I'd say stay away from finasteride and other meds for now unless you start seeing thinning at the crown and top /mid scalp.


    I started on fin 7 months ago mainly to try and stop further recession but since starting my hair has become extremely thin and way worse than before. Ironically I now have a very thin crown and front part/hairline. So stay away unless you are sure you have/are getting crown and mid scalp thinning.

    All the best
    Looks like you are not alone alex, read this here:

    http://www.*****************/interact...p?f=11&t=75356

    OP look into adding toco 8 and regenpure into your regime. I have noticed less shedding with toco 8 for sure.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Looks like you are not alone alex, read this here:

    http://www.*****************/interact...p?f=11&t=75356

    OP look into adding toco 8 and regenpure into your regime. I have noticed less shedding with toco 8 for sure.
    I was looking in to Toco 8 before, but i'm not sold on it. I google Toco 8 results, and have looked for toco 8 before and after pics, and find nothing. All I do is read, read, and read, anecdotal here anecdotal there. Can't just go by word of mouth, have to see some results for myself, and have yet to see that.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I was looking in to Toco 8 before, but i'm not sold on it. I google Toco 8 results, and have looked for toco 8 before and after pics, and find nothing. All I do is read, read, and read, anecdotal here anecdotal there. Can't just go by word of mouth, have to see some results for myself, and have yet to see that.
    My shedding has definently decreased on it. Must be doing something.

    You are probably right - does **** all. But worth a try. I wouldnt expect regrowth on it.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CallumVaughan94 View Post
    The older thread an be found here:

    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7472


    Basically, has it got worse? Looks the same to me but I keep thinking about it so naturally am getting self conscious about it again. So was wondering what you think?

    Also, my hair is a lot shorter in these pictures
    Thanks, Callum
    Get on RU or just let it flow, it won't get worse for a big while especially if you are not shedding.

    Stay away from FIN at least until you're +21.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Get on RU...
    Very bad advise right there.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Very bad advise right there.
    Very good in my opinon. You're the one giving bad advice to everyone with your mature hairlines and get on fin.

    Mature hairlines is BALDING, it is CAUSED by DHT. It's not about broad shoulders and whatever you say all the time. It simply stops there EITHER indefinitely or for some time.

    Mature hairline and the "very mature" you point are a great indicator of future balding.

Similar Threads

  1. Hi all! I'm 22 to start with the big 3 or not? (PICTURES)
    By psychic in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-02-2013, 12:04 PM
  2. Receding at 17!? PICTURES
    By CallumVaughan94 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-19-2012, 10:02 AM
  3. UPDATE on my receding hairline.
    By SaulM64 in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 11:25 PM
  4. Does anyone have pictures of toppers?
    By Tazz in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 08:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Two consultations, two opposing opinions?
07-03-2022 10:55 AM
by JFR
Last Post By JFR
Today 02:40 AM
1600 FUE results, short hair, interview, Dr. Lindsey
02-16-2022 04:59 AM
Last Post By joana
Yesterday 07:31 PM
Celebrity Hairline Disasters - How To Avoid the Kyle Christie Effect
02-16-2018 02:47 PM
Last Post By cpahar90
Yesterday 04:06 AM
Question on number of grafts
Yesterday 02:30 AM
Last Post By Omorac1981
Yesterday 04:02 AM
11.06.20 Koray Erdogan 5000 Greft Results
04-18-2022 08:41 AM
by 110620
Last Post By totoking
07-05-2022 11:01 PM