Thread: Rogaine Foam

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Knowing what you know now how would you start treatment. She's depressed enough about it, I'd hate to see her have a massive shed.
    I do not believe it is possible to completely avoid shedding. I do believe it is possible to reduce the emotional impact of shedding though.

If I were to start all over again knowing what I know now... I would still start off with the laser comb and Nizoral A-D for at least six months. Then, instead of adding Rogaine next I would add Spiro for at least six more months. Then I would add Rogaine - and I would taper up till I was on the dose I need to be on. Then I would wait till I was on that full regimen for at least 18 months before considering surgery. The shock loss I experienced with my second surgery has me feeling rather gun shy about recommending surgery without spending an appropriate amount of time on treatments, especially for women.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Where would you say you are today compared to before you started treatment. More thicker hair that 4 years ago.. just maintained... still losing and slowed it down? Did you regrow hair at the hairline?
    Four years ago I could not go without a wig. My hair, or lack there of, was awful, patchy, uneven and wonky. There was absolutely nothing I could do with it. Now I can go out without even using concealer. I do wear concealer (Dermmatch) anyway though because it helps me feel more confident. It helps me feel more pretty. Regrowing hair in the the hair line did not apply to me.

I grew a lot of hair back but I did not get it all back. I had patches that would not grow hair so I had two transplant surgeries performed by a very gifted surgeon to fill those in. I still have a problem on the left side of my head which is why I still use concealer. The left side of my head is were I experienced the shock loss after my second transplant surgery. It is slowly filling back in - but it is very very slow. So I use concealer to make it look like I have even coverage all over my head. I have noticed that as time goes by I am using less concealer.