+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hmm.

I just saw the Clobetex Shampoo's active ingredient is clobetasol propionate. That is the exact name of the ointment I was prescribed last month for my AA, in 0.05%.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Hmm.

I just saw the Clobetex Shampoo's active ingredient is clobetasol propionate. That is the exact name of the ointment I was prescribed last month for my AA, in 0.05%.
    Yeah it completely grew back all the hair and then some. Its crazy that it actually worked. I remember thinking that my life was completely over lol. I think the treatments for psoriasis and AA are very similar. If you can get the Clobex or taclonex id recommend trying it. It almost looks like on the spots where u have thinning on the top that there is some kind of buildup on your scalp. Could just be the pic though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuy View Post
    Yeah it completely grew back all the hair and then some. Its crazy that it actually worked. I remember thinking that my life was completely over lol. I think the treatments for psoriasis and AA are very similar. If you can get the Clobex or taclonex id recommend trying it. It almost looks like on the spots where u have thinning on the top that there is some kind of buildup on your scalp. Could just be the pic though.
    well id recommend trying it if you feel like you have some buildup in those spots where the hair is thin, if not then yeah who knows what it would do.

No, there's no build up there, it's ointment. When I don't have the ointment, there's nothing there. A few questions.

How long did it take for the spot to regrow your hair completely?

Was that the only bald spot?

Have you had any new bald spots appear?

I have AA, and although you can't notice, I have two bald spots on my beard, and little tiny hairless dots on my mustache. Though I clean shave so no one notices. I also have another little hairless spot developing right in the middle of my temple hairs on my right. It appeared overnight.

Isn't Clobetasol Propionate ointment, shampoo, and lotion all the same? They're all 0.05%, and they all go on your head. So far I have been suing it for 1 month and a half with no regrowth. Only thing that has given me regrowth was local corticosteroid injections.

No, there's no build up there, it's ointment. When I don't have the ointment, there's nothing there. A few questions.

Was that the only bald spot?

Have you had any new bald spots appear?

I have AA, and although you can't notice, I have two bald spots on my beard, and little tiny hairless dots on my mustache. Though I clean shave so no one notices. I also have another little hairless spot developing right in the middle of my temple hairs on my right. It appeared overnight.
    I would say it was about 2-3 months before I noticed any regrowth, about 5 months before I felt comfortable going out in public and it not being very noticable at all, and about the 6 month mark it was like it never existed. Unfortunately, yes -- I did have a new spot pop up. freaked the hell out of me. It was a lot smaller and I was able to completely regrow it in like 2months max. That was from like Nov 2011 until Jan 2012... I have no idea what caused it, but I think it was related to diet. Like I was drinking a lot of Hefeweizen beers, coffee like crazy, eating tons of sugar/candy, each time when this happened. I've since cut back to like a half cup of coffee in the mornings, rarely do candy, and stopped drinking hefs at my apartment lol.

Also note-- I was taking a lot of biotin while trying to regrow. Everyone says biotin doesn't work, but I don't know. It seems to work for me. It was causing my hair to grow out faster it seemed, so I could shave it again, which was making the new hair that was growing stronger. I feel like biotin helps to thicken the individual hair strands.

I like the clobex (or whatever its called) shampoo. You put it on for like 15 mins, let it chill there, then get it wet and lather it into your head and rub it in for a few mins, then wash it out. it worked great for me. But honestly I would look at that Taclonex stuff as well if you could somehow get it. I used it both times along with the clobex shampoo and I don't know if it was that or the shampoo that did it, but I can say that my hair in those places grew back 100% and then some. I kept the taclonex on like around the clock when I was using it. I would put it on in the morning and leave it all day, put another coat on after work. I stopped using it once the hair all grew in. I haven't had any more issues with the bald spots. 6 months and counting. But the weird part was that I never had any of those prior to the first spot that came in. And prior to that I wasn't drinking a ton of hefs and wasn't drinking a lot of coffee. I started doing both when I got my new job. More money = more good beers and working in an office = drinking coffee lol. So I've stopped those. I still drink beer, but I don't do hefs very often.

Did you always have the AA spots? Or is there anything you can think of, eating wise, drinking wise, tjat you've started doing that you didn't do before?

if you look at the pics again, in the bottom left where the image name is -- you can see the dates to guage a timeline. its like IMG2928-"20110324"-1544
    the numbers I put parenthesis around are the dates

Hmm. I only have only been using the clobetasol ointment since May 5th. You say it took you 6 months to get full regrowth.I haven't gotten any noticeable regrowth on this stuff yet. Maybe I should use it for longer. And I just noticed today is the 18th, tomorrow I have an appointment with my derm. I will be getting corticosteroid injections on the spot Those injections have been the only thing that regrew hair.

The derm's say something triggers these autoimmune diseases but they don't know what it was. The AA started last year in the summer. I have had no prior history of bald spots in my head before that, just normal MPB.

I've been taking biotin as well. What people say that biotin doesn't work, they mean for MPB. And it's true. Biotin will not regrow new hair, it will not thicken your thinning hairs. It will make your hair grow faster and that's. It;s not an MPB treatment.