Hey guys I just gave myself a haircut, tell me what you think

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • konfusion
    • May 2012

it looks good, as stated before your skull shape is very well balanced so you definitely pull off the look. I wish I had a similar shaped head, unfortunately already being as ugly as one can be in a few years I'll end up with the gollum lookwhen my hair is completely gone

Comment

• ThisGuy
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
      Sorry mods if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it to the appropriate section.

So I attempted to give myself a "military" haircut, to minimize the appearance of my MPB, and possibly to minimize the appearance of my AA. Tell me what you guys think. I just gave myself this haircut right now.

Does it minimize hair loss a bit?
      doesn't look bad short. I have the same issue with either Alopecia bald circles or psoriasis, ****in docs couldn't tell me what it was w/o cutting a piece of y head out, so I decided against it. I HAD THIS HUGE BALD SPOT. probably the size of a Silver Dollar on the back right of my head, we're talking not a single hair in the whole circle. I used this Clobex shampoo and Taclonex and it all grew back in like 3 months. It was in a spot that isn't affected by any mpb or thinning though. I could probably dig up a pic of what it looked like.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

What are the ingredients in these, Clobex shampoo and Taclonex?

Comment

• ThisGuy
          • Jun 2012

What are the ingredients in these, Clobex shampoo and Taclonex?
          Taclonex scalp is in an oil based type solution, with some active ingredient calcipotriene 0.005% and betamethasone dipropionate 0.064%. just googled that.. But anyhow yeah its like this cream / oil that smoothes out everything and it slows down the production of skin cells or something. The problem I think I had with the circle bald spot was the skin got all crusty/buildup then blocked the follices. The cream gets rid of the buildup.

The clobex shampoo is like the most powerful anti inflammatory or steroid shampoo there is. I think its like $300-500 for a bottle of it. Somehow my derm hooked me up with a huge bottle of it for $30 bucks. And you can get a lot of free samples. Thing is I never confirmed whether I had psoriasis, or that alopecia bald spot thing. But here's the pics of what my head looked like at one point. MAN. Let me tell you. Worst time of my life. But hair somehow bounced back.. It wasn't in a MPB area. I still use the taclonex cream on my head if I ever feel any buildup on my head. I've been experimenting with using it on thinning area's. No idea if it is effective but I know that it can't hurt I used it everyday for like 4 months on that bald spot and my hair all grew back stronger than it was. Sorry for hijacking the post!

Oh and not sure if these will be in correct order but u should be able to tell which were beginning to present day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG02928-20110324-1544 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	434255

Name:	IMG02934-20110325-0859 (2).jpg
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	434256

Name:	IMG03250-20110409-1041 (2).jpg
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	434257

Name:	IMG04602-20110705-1018.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	434258

Name:	IMG05076-20110826-0848.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	434259

Name:	20120616_205539.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	434260

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
            • Jan 2011

It looks like you never even had anything wrong, looks like it worked for you 100%.

I looked it up and it says the Clobetex shampoo is a Psoriasis Treatment. I have Alopecia Areata.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
              • Jan 2011

Hmm.

I just saw the Clobetex Shampoo's active ingredient is clobetasol propionate. That is the exact name of the ointment I was prescribed last month for my AA, in 0.05%.

Comment

• ThisGuy
                • Jun 2012

Hmm.

I just saw the Clobetex Shampoo's active ingredient is clobetasol propionate. That is the exact name of the ointment I was prescribed last month for my AA, in 0.05%.
                Yeah it completely grew back all the hair and then some. Its crazy that it actually worked. I remember thinking that my life was completely over lol. I think the treatments for psoriasis and AA are very similar. If you can get the Clobex or taclonex id recommend trying it. It almost looks like on the spots where u have thinning on the top that there is some kind of buildup on your scalp. Could just be the pic though.

Comment

• ThisGuy
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by ThisGuy
                  Yeah it completely grew back all the hair and then some. Its crazy that it actually worked. I remember thinking that my life was completely over lol. I think the treatments for psoriasis and AA are very similar. If you can get the Clobex or taclonex id recommend trying it. It almost looks like on the spots where u have thinning on the top that there is some kind of buildup on your scalp. Could just be the pic though.
                  well id recommend trying it if you feel like you have some buildup in those spots where the hair is thin, if not then yeah who knows what it would do.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                    • Jan 2011

No, there's no build up there, it's ointment. When I don't have the ointment, there's nothing there. A few questions.

How long did it take for the spot to regrow your hair completely?

Was that the only bald spot?

Have you had any new bald spots appear?

I have AA, and although you can't notice, I have two bald spots on my beard, and little tiny hairless dots on my mustache. Though I clean shave so no one notices. I also have another little hairless spot developing right in the middle of my temple hairs on my right. It appeared overnight.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                      • Jan 2011

Isn't Clobetasol Propionate ointment, shampoo, and lotion all the same? They're all 0.05%, and they all go on your head. So far I have been suing it for 1 month and a half with no regrowth. Only thing that has given me regrowth was local corticosteroid injections.

Comment

• ThisGuy
                        • Jun 2012

No, there's no build up there, it's ointment. When I don't have the ointment, there's nothing there. A few questions.

Was that the only bald spot?

Have you had any new bald spots appear?

I have AA, and although you can't notice, I have two bald spots on my beard, and little tiny hairless dots on my mustache. Though I clean shave so no one notices. I also have another little hairless spot developing right in the middle of my temple hairs on my right. It appeared overnight.
                        I would say it was about 2-3 months before I noticed any regrowth, about 5 months before I felt comfortable going out in public and it not being very noticable at all, and about the 6 month mark it was like it never existed. Unfortunately, yes -- I did have a new spot pop up. freaked the hell out of me. It was a lot smaller and I was able to completely regrow it in like 2months max. That was from like Nov 2011 until Jan 2012... I have no idea what caused it, but I think it was related to diet. Like I was drinking a lot of Hefeweizen beers, coffee like crazy, eating tons of sugar/candy, each time when this happened. I've since cut back to like a half cup of coffee in the mornings, rarely do candy, and stopped drinking hefs at my apartment lol.

Also note-- I was taking a lot of biotin while trying to regrow. Everyone says biotin doesn't work, but I don't know. It seems to work for me. It was causing my hair to grow out faster it seemed, so I could shave it again, which was making the new hair that was growing stronger. I feel like biotin helps to thicken the individual hair strands.

I like the clobex (or whatever its called) shampoo. You put it on for like 15 mins, let it chill there, then get it wet and lather it into your head and rub it in for a few mins, then wash it out. it worked great for me. But honestly I would look at that Taclonex stuff as well if you could somehow get it. I used it both times along with the clobex shampoo and I don't know if it was that or the shampoo that did it, but I can say that my hair in those places grew back 100% and then some. I kept the taclonex on like around the clock when I was using it. I would put it on in the morning and leave it all day, put another coat on after work. I stopped using it once the hair all grew in. I haven't had any more issues with the bald spots. 6 months and counting. But the weird part was that I never had any of those prior to the first spot that came in. And prior to that I wasn't drinking a ton of hefs and wasn't drinking a lot of coffee. I started doing both when I got my new job. More money = more good beers and working in an office = drinking coffee lol. So I've stopped those. I still drink beer, but I don't do hefs very often.

Did you always have the AA spots? Or is there anything you can think of, eating wise, drinking wise, tjat you've started doing that you didn't do before?

Comment

• ThisGuy
                          • Jun 2012

if you look at the pics again, in the bottom left where the image name is -- you can see the dates to guage a timeline. its like IMG2928-"20110324"-1544
                          the numbers I put parenthesis around are the dates

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                            • Jan 2011

Hmm. I only have only been using the clobetasol ointment since May 5th. You say it took you 6 months to get full regrowth.I haven't gotten any noticeable regrowth on this stuff yet. Maybe I should use it for longer. And I just noticed today is the 18th, tomorrow I have an appointment with my derm. I will be getting corticosteroid injections on the spot Those injections have been the only thing that regrew hair.

The derm's say something triggers these autoimmune diseases but they don't know what it was. The AA started last year in the summer. I have had no prior history of bald spots in my head before that, just normal MPB.

I've been taking biotin as well. What people say that biotin doesn't work, they mean for MPB. And it's true. Biotin will not regrow new hair, it will not thicken your thinning hairs. It will make your hair grow faster and that's. It;s not an MPB treatment.

Comment

Working...