Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

Hey guys I just gave myself a haircut, tell me what you think

Sorry mods if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it to the appropriate section.

So I attempted to give myself a "military" haircut, to minimize the appearance of my MPB, and possibly to minimize the appearance of my AA. Tell me what you guys think. I just gave myself this haircut right now.

Does it minimize hair loss a bit?
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

I just noticed the first two pictures are a little bit blurry but I hope you guys can see it well. If you need clearer pictures of the front let me know.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
      • Jan 2011

Oh BTW where i'm shirtless my hair is dried. Where I have my shirt on, my hair is wet.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
        • May 2011

Definitely works. You could bic it completely and the shadow would still frame your face and it wouldn't look like hairloss.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
          Definitely works. You could bic it completely and the shadow would still frame your face and it wouldn't look like hairloss.
          Thanks.

I don't know. I think the horse shoe would show if I shave it all off. What I did was just shave the sides and back with a 1. If you saw my previous pictures I posted, my hair loss looks really noticeable. I left the top alone.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
            • May 2011

If you ever did transplant you'd have a very favourable hair to scalp contrast. I won't mind going greying myself if I do decide to transplant as it would blend well with my skin. The skin to hair contrast is a huge factor imo.

Comment

• 67mph
              • Mar 2010

At the moment (though i'm sure you want believe me) you're one of the lucky ones!

You suit the look, you got the small head, well shaped skull, small ears, defo not the aggressive sorta hairloss, so...
              ...go live you life!!

Just pop back every so often, to check in with us lot and the next generation 'the cure is just 10 years away' hairloss companies, though impo it's just round the corner!!

...the 5 year corner, haa.

Comment

• mpb47
                • Apr 2012

You could shave it and it will work for you so you have that as a backup. But have you tried going the other way by letting it grow out more? Sometimes you can get a lot of mileage going that way.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Highlander
                  How is this AA? Looks like you are just losing a bit on the top. Sides look totally normal.
                  I have AA, I showed it before in other pics, even circled the spots. The point of this haircut was to make it less noticeable. If I let my hair grow normally, the sides will outgrow the top, making the horse shoe pattern of MPB really noticeable, and also making the bald circles more noticeable as well.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
                    If you ever did transplant you'd have a very favourable hair to scalp contrast. I won't mind going greying myself if I do decide to transplant as it would blend well with my skin. The skin to hair contrast is a huge factor imo.
                    I want an HT so bad lol, just don't have the money.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 67mph
                      At the moment (though i'm sure you want believe me) you're one of the lucky ones!

You suit the look, you got the small head, well shaped skull, small ears, defo not the aggressive sorta hairloss, so...
                      ...go live you life!!

Just pop back every so often, to check in with us lot and the next generation 'the cure is just 10 years away' hairloss companies, though impo it's just round the corner!!

...the 5 year corner, haa.
                      My hairline and top will always bother me, I can't stop coming here lol.

Damn, 10 years away??? Thought it was 2015.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by mpb47
                        You could shave it and it will work for you so you have that as a backup. But have you tried going the other way by letting it grow out more? Sometimes you can get a lot of mileage going that way.
                        I've let it grow out before. But when I let it grow is when it reminds me how bad my hairloss really is.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Scorpion
                          Wow. I have your hairline and I just let it grow and go hairspray-helmet mode.

Also, mirin' those eyebrows.
                          I've been accused of plucking/doing my eyebrows since I was a kid several times. I've never touched them. Other than passing down MPB to me, my dad also passed down his eyebrows to me, mine are exactly like his.

Comment

• 67mph
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                            My hairline and top will always bother me, I can't stop coming here lol.

Damn, 10 years away??? Thought it was 2015.
                            Fair enough, different hairloss effects different people suffering with hairloss!
                            Hell, only this morning i was thinking uhh, hairs looking ok today maybe it's not all that bad, then just now, i mean about 3 minutes ago, i was taking a pic of my cat with me in it (stupidly!!) and then the image flashed up on my phone, call it; bad light or akward angle but shit, there's my hairloss in all it's glory, knocked me off my flow, shit on my parade etc etc, oh man.

People who don't suffer have no idea and i mean they have no idea, so i'm sorry for playing down your situation earlier, only you are concerned with how you feel and others just need to sympathise.

Be it 2015, 2022 whatever, we need something else other than the usual suspects.

Good luck chaps, kind regards

Comment

• ravegrover
                              • Jan 2011

u look fine, patiently waiting. short hair is always better look

Comment

Working...