+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by idw2bb View Post
    Probly cause androgen receptors are up-regulated, over time, by inhibition of 5ar type I or II depending on what drug you are speaking of. Until androgen receptor blockers are approved the most PROVEN treatment is fin.. It is not for everyone and some get bad sides that can last from a short period of time to forever. But regarding efficacy, short of castration, Fin. works the best for the most.

Why?

Because it reduces the conversion of androgens to DHT. Period.
    yes its the only proven treatment that indirectly slows baldness, but doesnt mean its the most logical way to tackle the problem.

You have a very high chance of androgen levels dropping with age thus stopping baldness alltogether than you do whilst your on fin - finserstride changes your hormonal profile and still the body is trying to reach equilibrium (rise in AR receptors, increase in dht etc) well into old age (presuming you are still on fin of course as you age) hence your natrual hormonal profile (one without fin usuage) has been dissalllowed to natrually drop with time...instead its being held in limbo with a steady but slow rise in AR recptor/increases in dht
    Hormonal profile changes with age explains why there is different patterns in mpb and why some mens baldness stops at a certain age.

Anyway dht blockers are not the future. Cox 2 blocking is a good way to prevent further balding.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    Anyway dht blockers are not the future. Cox 2 blocking is a good way to prevent further balding.
    I agree! Add a pge2 booster and I believe it's party time. Tho balancing out just d2 could work wonders too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    I agree! Add a pge2 booster and I believe it's party time. Tho balancing out just d2 could work wonders too.
    i think right now people would be happy to just STOP thier hair loss, and fin simply is not worth it for some, an alternative, allbeit unproven way would be to normalise cox 2.

I belive adding pge2 would stimulate regrowth in the rgions that have gone dormant.

Are there any companies researching/creating a product that has to do with PGD2 and PGE2?

Alot of talk about it lately but I dont see an actual product being made right now!

Good question