+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Blood test results

What do these results mean in regard to hair? DHT looks very low but could be a misread. Could be an issue if I get on finasteride.

Dihydro-testosterone = 12ng/dL Range = 25-75ng/dL
    Total Testosterone = 374ng/dL Range = 250-1100ng/dL
    Free Testosterone = 90.2 pg/mL Range = 35.0-155.0pg/mL
    FSH = 3.2mIU/mL Range = 1.6-8.0mIU/mL
    LH = 3.1mIU/mL Range = 1.5-9.3 mIU/mL
    Prolactin = 11.0 Range = 2.0-18.0 ng/mL
    Estradiol = 28pg/mL Range = <39pg/mL
    SHBG = 20nmol/L Range = 10-50nmol/L

not sure..

but what blood test did you order? i would like the same test done

Quote Originally Posted by WashedOut View Post
    What do these results mean in regard to hair? DHT looks very low but could be a misread. Could be an issue if I get on finasteride.

seems okay? How fast are you losing hair with those numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    seems okay? How fast are you losing hair with those numbers?
    Fairly slowly from what I can tell by looking but I am concerned I shed too much.

Quote Originally Posted by fitness-man View Post
    not sure..

but what blood test did you order? i would like the same test done
    Just ask for all those things and take it to a doctor or lab and they can do it.

DHT is a more potent form of Test, your body converts Test to DHT by the enzyme 5alpha-reductase. Fin works on the enzyme. I'm not sure if it's a competitive blocker or a non-competitive blocker. Lets hope that it's a non-competitive blocker.

Total Test and Free Test levels are fine, not an issue.

FSH and LH are hormones which are secreted from your anterior pituitary gland. It's a small pea sized endocrine organ sitting above your optic chasm. FSH works in your testicles to make sperm. LH works on other cells in your sperm, to help make Testosterone.

Prolactin, is another hormone secreted from the anterior pituitary as well. It causes a decrease in libido and impotence, if too elevated. In females, it helps during lactation and it prevents ovulation while a woman is pregnant and breast-feeding her child.

Estradiol is one form of estrogen which is made in adipose tissue.

SHBG = steroid h? binding globulin --> it hold various lipid steroid hormones to it so they can travel in the blood stream to various organs. If SHBG was too low, you're amount of free testosterone would be elevated, because it wouldn't have anything to bind to.

SHBG - yours show 20 in a range of 10-50(already a bit low), but when I checked with Wikipedia it says that a normal range is in 20-60 which would make your SHBG very low.
    Low SHBG would definitely speed up MPB

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    SHBG - yours show 20 in a range of 10-50(already a bit low), but when I checked with Wikipedia it says that a normal range is in 20-60 which would make your SHBG very low.
    Low SHBG would definitely speed up MPB
    Is there anything that can be done about this?

Is there anything that can be done about this?
    Don't listen to him, there is no conclusive evidence of that claim. The most important factor is DHT and maybe testosterone in the hairline.

With that DHT I wouldn't get on propecia at all. People take propecia to have that DHT or 6. What time of the day did you take the blood test?

You should have gotten an estrogen test too. That's important for side effects with propecia. Low DHT and High estrogen = you're gonna be ****ed.

Hello, how much did that blood test cost you and how did you get it? How did you talk your doctor to do it? or did you go straight to a lab?

Please let me know I would appreciate it.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Don't listen to him, there is no conclusive evidence of that claim. The most important factor is DHT and maybe testosterone in the hairline.

With that DHT I wouldn't get on propecia at all. People take propecia to have that DHT or 6. What time of the day did you take the blood test?

You should have gotten an estrogen test too. That's important for side effects with propecia. Low DHT and High estrogen = you're gonna be ****ed.

Hello, how much did that blood test cost you and how did you get it? How did you talk your doctor to do it? or did you go straight to a lab?

Please let me know I would appreciate it.
    Thanks.
    Estradiol is pretty much Estrogen so my estrogen levels are average or maybe a little higher than average depending on how you calculate the ranges. I took the test at 9 in the morning while fasting. My endocrinologist gave me the tests and I took it to a lab to get them done, it was actually surprisingly pricey but my insurance covered 90% of the cost.

My endocrinologist said that measuring DHT is difficult because it swings up and down often and is having me test Androstanediol Glucuronide as a more reliable indicator of true DHT levels.

Estradiol is pretty much Estrogen so my estrogen levels are average or maybe a little higher than average depending on how you calculate the ranges. I took the test at 9 in the morning while fasting. My endocrinologist gave me the tests and I took it to a lab to get them done, it was actually surprisingly pricey but my insurance covered 90&#37; of the cost.

My endocrinologist said that measuring DHT is difficult because it swings up and down often and is having me test Androstanediol Glucuronide as a more reliable indicator of true DHT levels.
    Thanks for the info. I think 9am is pushing it and it's going to be higher at 9 am I believe. So your DHT levels are pretty much nothing.

Don't get on propecia with those tests. It could **** you up, it did some bad things to me but I was lucky they ain't so bad.

If your hairloss is slow you should make it to future treatments. You could try RU first, but that's up to you.

I believe it should work for you because your hairloss is not so agressive. I don't believe anybody should be on fin for more than 5 years and then drop it.

I will try RU in a month or so.

I know I sound like I'm promoting the stuff but truth is if you look around RU has a high chance of working.