+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default how bad is it? (lots of pics)

posted first time on here in 2009 with these pics

damn as soon as i saw that first one I can already see how much my hair has thinned out anyway heres what it looks like today no meds taken except some nizarol shampoo once every 5 days but I have stopped this because 1. i dont think its helping 2.its made my hair go grey more and like straw

Shot at 2012-06-13

Shot at 2012-06-13

Shot at 2012-06-13

Shot at 2012-06-13

Shot at 2012-06-13

Shot at 2012-06-13

Shot at 2012-06-13

Shot at 2012-06-13

Shot at 2012-06-13

ok so thats what i took today its alot worse when wet Im 30 years old now I have noticed its accelerated in the last few months i have been on a really good diet due to my cholesterol being high for the last year but if anything my hairs got alot worse

I am seriously considering propecia would this help the stage that I am at? I would be happy to just keep what I have for at least another 5 years is that realistic?

there is no way i can afford a hair transplant but I really would like to get one if it goes alot worse.Every male in my family is pretty much bald/balding so Its clear I have the gene so what now?

any advice on what you would do if you were in my shoes would be deeply appreciated thanks people

thanks for taking the time to reply Highlander, I have spent so much time thinking of taking the big three but never made the jump I have read alot of scare storys ect namely not just side effects but that in some cases they can speed up your hairloss in the shedding phase and not grow back again?

saying that i am giving it some serious thought at the moment at least I will relax a bit knowing that im trying somthing

Yes Minox can induce a shed [dread shed] - and there's no telling how helpful it is on the hair line, but, Bimatoprost 'allegedly' works as well as minoxidil and does not induce the initial shed, so you might want to look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by fabio27 View Post
    how bad is it?
    It's not too bed yet. You are a little beyond a normal adult male hair line and you have thinning in your mid-anterior. You are certainly treatable at this early stage. You also probably stand a really good chance of gaining some back.

i need to have to take a slice of your attitude highlander reading posts like yours gives me a bit more confidence to try meds i think i will start once i get back of holiday in a couple of weeks

tracy i dont exactly know where the mid anterior is but you have me checking and worrying now lol

i need to have to take a slice of your attitude highlander reading posts like yours gives me a bit more confidence to try meds i think i will start once i get back of holiday in a couple of weeks

tracy i dont exactly know where the mid anterior is but you have me checking and worrying now lol
    i've got exactly the same hairline as you check out my post, i don't think minox will do anything for us as it very rarely works on hairlines ive heard? possibly propecia might help im in the same boat as you man

The hair line itself is not a good indicator that MPB is happening because a certain degree of masculine recession is normal. This degree depends on your family genetics. Some doctors say it is the Norwood 1 hair line while other doctors say it is the Norwood 2 hair line while still other doctors say it is anywhere between the Norwood 1 and Norwood 2 hair lines. Anyways, the vertex and mid-anterior areas are the best indicators if MPB is happening. The mid-anterior area is behind the hair line to the transition area that divides the front and back of the head.

What little bit of thinning you have is not much to worry about but it is an indicator. At your current very early stage, you are in pretty good shape to arrest it and possibly reverse some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by randomman111 View Post
    ...i don't think minox will do anything for us as it very rarely works on hairlines ive heard?
    Both Rogaine and Propecia are most effect in the vertex and mid-anterior areas. No medicines are reliably effective in the hair line for males. The reason for this is because caucasion males are genetically programmed to recede in the temples and develop an adult male hair line. The OP looks to be a little bit beyond that but not much. Generally, there are no medications that can fight against this natural and normal male physical trait. Some males can restore some of there hair lines with Minoxidil but most males cannot - because you are trying to fight against a natural and normal male physical trait.

hey dude yea i see your pictures we are pretty similar! are you going to try propecia out? i think if we could both just stop it and no regrowth it wouldnt be bad at all if i saw you with the way you have your hair down in public i would not guess you was losing your hair at all,

i am geein myself up to try propecia im 50/50 at the moment im going on holiday in 2 weeks when i get back i might take the plunge..

Hey Tracey thanks for the reply I know your saying the hairline recedes for men no matter what so if i took propecia could there be a good chance i can get it to stay the way it is at least for a few years? and what about the peach fuzz around that area will it shed and not come back you think? or regrow stronger?

I know its hard to tell but just wondering what you would guess would happen if i take it?

hey dude yea i see your pictures we are pretty similar! are you going to try propecia out? i think if we could both just stop it and no regrowth it wouldnt be bad at all if i saw you with the way you have your hair down in public i would not guess you was losing your hair at all,

i am geein myself up to try propecia im 50/50 at the moment im going on holiday in 2 weeks when i get back i might take the plunge..

Hey Tracey thanks for the reply I know your saying the hairline recedes for men no matter what so if i took propecia could there be a good chance i can get it to stay the way it is at least for a few years? and what about the peach fuzz around that area will it shed and not come back you think? or regrow stronger?

I know its hard to tell but just wondering what you would guess would happen if i take it?
    I think what tracey said was right, although i've seen some cases of people where they have regrown a lot of frontal hair from propecia, its just the side effects, I was thinking of taking an extremely low dose, about 0.125-0.25mg to start with, and slowly increasing it if it didn't work.

The thing is like you said, neither of us have noticeable balding when our hair is normal, so the train of thought is to wait until it is noticeable and worry about it then, although if we do wait, it may be too late to do anything about it! Its an incredibly frustrating predicament. I think with the amount of potential baldness cures around the corner, constantly cropping up and making the news e.g replicel, im more tempted to hold off, however if propecia was really effective and had no sides...then it would be fine, stuck between a rock and a hard place!

All I can do is guess. However, the available data on clinical results suggests that Propecia alone will likely arrest the loss and allow you to keep what you have. If you also use Rogaine in your mid-anterior and/or vertex area, you are likely to grow some of what you have lost back. If you also use a laser comb the quality if the hair that you have is likely to improve. Using Nizoral once per week is a good idea as well but Nizoral is not a stand alone treatment for hereditary hair loss.

Knowing what I know now, if I were a young guy faced with hereditary hair loss, here is what I would do. I would stop using normal shampoo and conditioner and use only sulfate free shampoo and conditioner - except on that one day per week that I would use Nizoral shampoo. I would get a laser comb and use it every other day. I would get a script for Propecia (or generic Finasteride) - but I would taper up to the full dose slowly over time. I would also use Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) - but again I would taper up to the full dose slowly over time. Then I would take good quality pictures of my scalp (vertex and mid-anterior) every six months for 18 months to help me evaluate any improvement in my hair to determine if treatment is doing me any good.