+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

you right ha! some days im like "yea my hair looks ok" then i walk near a mirror and see my thinning bangs and i start worrying again, the sides bother me alot too its like russian roulette isnt it?

Thanks Tracy thats real good sound advice much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by fabio27 View Post
    you right ha! some days im like "yea my hair looks ok" then i walk near a mirror and see my thinning bangs and i start worrying again, the sides bother me alot too its like russian roulette isnt it?

I think personally i'm gonna give it a couple of years, I think cos you're ten years older than me and have stopped growing it would be less of a risk, if i were you start on a TINY dose and see what happens, best of luck

Fabio it seems like your hairline is the same, from the pics.

That is good news.

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

usually when playing russian roulette you have a 1 in 6 chance of dying.. I don't see how that's a good comparison

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Fabio it seems like your hairline is the same, from the pics.

That is good news.
    if im honest it has got worse no doubt about it maybe it isnt noticeable in the pictures its weird its like every few months the next layer of my hairline thins and doesnt stick to the rest of the hair when i comb it, theres always a seperate part..that maybe doesnt make sense its hard to explain either way although its not drastic its noticable to me

and altough its very unlikely to cause death its still a risk to be stuck with a limp dick, brain fog ect for the sake of trying to save your hair but i know if i lose it totally id ****ed either way? decisions decisons

on another now my mate was talkin to me yesterday whos balding he said his 34 yr old uncle has been taking rogaine for 9 months and said his hairs amazing now , he had has ALOT of hair come back and regrowth sounds encouraging

Quote Originally Posted by randomman111 View Post
    I think personally i'm gonna give it a couple of years, I think cos you're ten years older than me and have stopped growing it would be less of a risk, if i were you start on a TINY dose and see what happens, best of luck
    thanks dude best of luck to you if you make the jump let me know if you do

if im honest it has got worse no doubt about it maybe it isnt noticeable in the pictures its weird its like every few months the next layer of my hairline thins and doesnt stick to the rest of the hair when i comb it, theres always a seperate part..that maybe doesnt make sense its hard to explain either way although its not drastic its noticable to me

and altough its very unlikely to cause death its still a risk to be stuck with a limp dick, brain fog ect for the sake of trying to save your hair but i know if i lose it totally id ****ed either way? decisions decisons

on another now my mate was talkin to me yesterday whos balding he said his 34 yr old uncle has been taking rogaine for 9 months and said his hairs amazing now , he had has ALOT of hair come back and regrowth sounds encouraging
    Why dont you take rogaine then instead of fin?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Why dont you take rogaine then instead of fin?

as you can see i keep my hair kinda long so its a real pain in the ass to style and i really dont want to cut it short and make it too obvious im receding so putting in the rogaine would be difficult i imagine

also heard it causes a huge shed (i know meds are supposed to means they are working) in the hairline that might never come back so i worry about it speeding up my baldness if the hairs do not regrow and thirdly I suffer mild anxiety and have heard rogaine causes some fast heart palpatations ect dizzyness and this would not help me control any anxiety I have and more likely to cause a panic attack

If you are not willing to treat your hair loss, you need to learn how to come to terms with losing your hair. The only treatments that are actually proven to work are Propecia, Rogaine and the laser comb. All three can cause shedding because shedding is a necessary part of the treatment process. There is no way to avoid shedding and treat your hair loss at the same time. Reality really stinks sometimes.