+ Reply to Thread

Question Should I try again with another dermatologist?

Should I try another dermatologist? Like, 4th one? Please bear with me.

Anyway, I went to 3 dermatologists so far...

First one told me that I definitely don't have androegenic alopecia and he have told me to buy salycic acid. He told me some stuff that I have tight scalp blah blah. He's very old man, and all he did try is some plucking tests... his office looked very poor and he didn't use anything like microscopes or anything else... oh and he's very old man.

Second one was provided with health insurance... she told me that she thinks I have androgenic alopecia and she told me to buy some vitamins, some shampoo simliar to nizoral and some 2% minoxidil (she told me I should use it for 6 months then stop... and that I can return whenever I want... weir, huh?). I should also note that she just examined my hair for like 10 seconds with naked eye...

Yesterday I was so excited because I finally got approval from my parenths to get on fin... I was excited like little kid when it's aobut to get some toy... actualy, I couln't fall a sleep because excitement... but...

Today I went to third one and she told me I definitely DON'T have androgenic alopecia... that it's just my hair quality and color got different at some spots... like crown (in not so typical shape) and some spot on other part of head... I shoul also note that she's only one that actualy looked my hair under some real equipment... microscope, some blue light etc... she told me that my hair density is same tho.

She told me that she's sure that I have ''dermatitis dysseborrhoica capilitii'' and ''Helminthosis suspecta''. I have no idea what that is, I will do google now...

Also, I have to do another blood test of:
    Complete blood, complete urin, Glucose blood level range, something related toTransaminase, Colesterol, Triglyceride, Creatinine, Serology of Helicobacter Pylori.

But I'm honestly scared... I was happy about... because I through I will start to take fin and that I will STOP WORRYING knowing that I'm doing everything I can... she didn't gave me prescription for finasteride and told me to not use minox.

Should I listen to her or should I go to 4th one? :S ... damn, they are so expencive...

Hey, thanks for your attention.

I'm 24 y old, male, my hairline is perfectly same. Unfortunately I can't provide any pictures because I don't have camera... only mobile phone but I don't have cable to connect it with computer .

That comparing it with my old pictures from facebook it didn't change at all. Actualy, that part is thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    What is your hairline like?
    The hair line alone is not a good indicator of androgenetic alopecia in males. You need to examine the vertex and mid-anterior more so than the hair line.

Well... I think I will give another shoot to another dermatologist tomorrow...

My god... I spent so much money already just on them :S .

Like I said before, Dermatologists are not very good doctors when it comes to MPB.

If you had just posted your pictures here from the very beginning. Members here would have diagnosed your hair loss a lot better, and for free as well. None of us are doctors, but the way derms seem clueless about MPB, I don't think you have to be a doctor to know about MPB. Plus there are other doctors here, and representatives that can tell you what's wrong. Again, for free. So stop wasting money on derm appointments, buy a camera instead, or the usb to connect your phone to your computer. Take pictures, and upload them here.

I go to the dermatologist for my other skin conditions and for treatment of my AA, and of course for my fin prescription. I don't want their advice on MPB, I learned in the first 2 visits that they know very little about MPB, very clueless. It must be lack of training in med school or something. Or MPB is seen as such an unimportant thing that they just don't cover that subject too much while these derms are in training.