+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    There is a rumor that Minoxidil ages you. All I can say to that rumor is that if it actually did cause wrinkles and pre-mature aging, women would never touch the stuff. Plenty of women use Minoxidil. I have been using Minoxidil myself for over four years and I still look a lot younger than I actually am.
    Tracy,
    Here is a long thread on the subject including 2 girls who uploaded pics. Not saying the pics are good enough for proof but at least there are some that think it can cause problems. The second girl starts on next page.
    The link takes you to page 13 just to tell you how long the thread is.

I know you are a "peer review journal" type of gal but it's still good to have an open mind...just in case.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...VIEWTMP=Linear

What these girls are describing is an allergic reaction to the medicine. Some people are allergic to some medications. It is unfortunate but that is reality.

Your hair looks alot like mine although my temples are too far back to hide like that. We're the same age too, and take it from me, ACT NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by youngsufferer View Post
    Your hair looks alot like mine although my temples are too far back to hide like that. We're the same age too, and take it from me, ACT NOW.
    care to share pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    What these girls are describing is an allergic reaction to the medicine. Some people are allergic to some medications. It is unfortunate but that is reality.

Sure, but it really does happen to some people...

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    Sure, but it really does happen to some people...
    That is basically what I just said. The point is that allergic reactions are not "side effects" per se'. They are allergic reactions - which can happen for some people with any medication - or food etc...

semantics she says

Angry

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Highlander
    You sound a bit like me. Young, hair loss, but wanting to do something about it before it becomes noticeable. Mine was caused by meds, but that is another story.

I would say that the Big 3 (fin, Minox, and Niz) are the only viable options. But be prepared to undergo a shed and lose more ground when you start. You may or may not get it back, and you may not have one at all. Just be prepared for it and the consequences.

I say that as I'm on fin now, and experiencing a shed (just started). Thankfully I have room to move. I just hope this ends soon and I can hopefully get some regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Stop posting if you're going to give false advice.
    PatientlyWaiting, I'm happy for you that you have had a good response but I don't think this is false advice. Sadly, like Highlander, I was in a very simmilar situation to the OP. I decided to get on Fin after doing my research last november. I've now been on fin for 7-8 months now and have experienced rapid accelleration of my hairloss particularly at the front but also back and sides too. I cannot touch my head without loosing lots of thick good looking hairs. Scalp is very visible now and the hairloss is showing no sign of abating

Hair looks and feels very thin to pre fin. People have commented too where as before I actually had complements on my hair thickness. I was looking at some photos from last year today and nearly cried What I'd give to just get back to pre fin now!

I think its worth people knowing that this can happen and it seems from further research I'm not the only one. I've now read numerous posts both here and on other boards where guys end up worse than baseline, especially where the front is concerned. The fact that merck dosen't to my knowledge warn of even temporary shedding from propecia is infuriating since it's so widely acknowledged. I'm sticking with it in the faint hope it will slow down but it really seems more and more unlikely now as time goes on.