+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Norwod 2/3 , age 20, in need of advice, pictures

So to cut a long story short about a year ago i noticed my hairline was further back that it used to be, caused psychological stress etc, all the things you'd expect from someone far too young to be losing their hair!

Basically ive decided that I want to do something about it, I'm unsure what, there are a lot of things floating about online which seem like a scam e.g zx42, trx2, revivogen ect which i am reluctant to try.

Propecia seems like the only liable option however the side effects seem to be a massive put off. I know i've not lost a lot and to a bystander i still look like i have a full head of hair but it really has started to get to me (theres a pic of it normally attatched)

any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 09-06-2012 at 15.34.jpg

Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	15425   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 09-06-2012 at 15.34 #2.jpg

Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	15426   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 09-06-2012 at 15.34 #3.jpg

Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	15427   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 09-06-2012 at 15.35.jpg

Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	15428  

any side effects on those? Pretty expensive too, I was thinking maybe just fin and niz to start with, as minox causes most of the shedding?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    You sound a bit like me. Young, hair loss, but wanting to do something about it before it becomes noticeable. Mine was caused by meds, but that is another story.

I would say that the Big 3 (fin, Minox, and Niz) are the only viable options. But be prepared to undergo a shed and lose more ground when you start. You may or may not get it back, and you may not have one at all. Just be prepared for it and the consequences.

I say that as I'm on fin now, and experiencing a shed (just started). Thankfully I have room to move. I just hope this ends soon and I can hopefully get some regrowth.
    Stop posting if you're going to give false advice.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Stop posting if you're going to give false advice.

How come thats false advice? What do you think of my situation

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randomman111 View Post
    How come thats false advice? What do you think of my situation

Thanks
    You most likely will shed from the medication, it's very common and happend to me too, but it is absolutely nothing to worry about, the hair will grow back and you will only risk looking worse for a short while(it might not even be noticable to others than yourself).

Take a look at this thread http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...=shedding+meds

Quote Originally Posted by the_dude78 View Post
    You most likely will shed from the medication, it's very common and happend to me too, but it is absolutely nothing to worry about, the hair will grow back and you will only risk looking worse for a short while(it might not even be noticable to others than yourself).

Take a look at this thread http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...=shedding+meds
    Thanks man, im just a bit apprehensive about fin, as the side effects sound like they are life destroying, minox won't work on the hairline, might wait for replicel the just posted some pretty encouraging data!

Thanks man, im just a bit apprehensive about fin, as the side effects sound like they are life destroying, minox won't work on the hairline, might wait for replicel the just posted some pretty encouraging data!
    About fin and sides, well, most people won't get any at all. I've been on it for a few years now, and I haven't experienced any sides what so ever. Some will though, search for the user Chrisis on this forum, he did get some heavy sides, but it happens to very few and you are more likely to not get sides than to get it.

Keep in mind, the reason you almost only hear negative stories about fin on the internet, is that the millions of men who use it everyday without sides, don't come to forums like this and post their stories. Only those who get the sides do.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dude78 View Post
    About fin and sides, well, most people won't get any at all. I've been on it for a few years now, and I haven't experienced any sides what so ever. Some will though, search for the user Chrisis on this forum, he did get some heavy sides, but it happens to very few and you are more likely to not get sides than to get it.

Keep in mind, the reason you almost only hear negative stories about fin on the internet, is that the millions of men who use it everyday without sides, don't come to forums like this and post their stories. Only those who get the sides do.
    stories about men taking it yeah, however i still feel that I am not fully grown into a man at the age of 19 would it hinder my further developement? e.g beard growth, physique ect

also this brain fog may mess me up, ive got my final year of university coming up and i really can't afford to screw it up.

anyone heard of xz42? ive heard its good on hairlines

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    My point was he should be aware that a shed can happen and to be prepared. I was one of those who wasn't aware, and three weeks in had a semi-breakdown in a uni lecture.

Hair loss isn't a time for games. You need to be prepared for all possible outcomes. Impotency, old face, wrinkles, suicide etc.
    there's more to life than hair, obviously it can impact you're life greatly but theres no point making sacrifices for something that may not work, feeling suicidal is not a risk that anyone should take to have hair.

Old face/wrinkles? does propecia cause ageing?

Old face/wrinkles? does propecia cause ageing?
    There is a rumor that Minoxidil ages you. All I can say to that rumor is that if it actually did cause wrinkles and pre-mature aging, women would never touch the stuff. Plenty of women use Minoxidil. I have been using Minoxidil myself for over four years and I still look a lot younger than I actually am.