+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuy View Post
    such a good feeling too comb through the hair and not have a bunch of hair falling out anymore. Never really shedded before the meds, but after starting the shedding got horrifically frightening. shedding appears to have almost stopped completely over the past week.
    I don't think propecia stops shedding completely. its a normal part of the hair cycle even for men with no mpb! So even if hair still falls out on fin doesn't mean its not working, just normal shedding.

I thinly that you should definitely use nizoral. It is a weak anti androgen and helps the general health of the scalp, easy to apply to as a shampoo and very people get sides from it. Cheap and long lasting too!

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    I don't think propecia stops shedding completely. its a normal part of the hair cycle even for men with no mpb! So even if hair still falls out on fin doesn't mean its not working, just normal shedding.

I thinly that you should definitely use nizoral. It is a weak anti androgen and helps the general health of the scalp, easy to apply to as a shampoo and very people get sides from it. Cheap and long lasting too!
    I use nizoral..

And I know the difference between my hair shedding naturually, and the hair shedding bc of the meds. BEFORE TREATMENT, I had very little shedding, was never noticable to me, then about 1.5 weeks or so into treatment a major shed started and that lasted almost 3 weeks+ and then slowed down dramatically to the point where it is like not shedding at all now. I'm hoping it stays this way

thought id give an update. shedding has still been much slower over the last couple of weeks. Again, wasn't shedding before starting this medicine and had a huge shed, but it seems to have stopped and it seems like my hair is even starting to thicken up quite a bit. side effects have not been there at all. still taking .5 propecia a day, and using the rogaine foam once a day. Nizoral every other day.

quick update.. hair is definitely thickening up and I definitely am having regrowth (or regrowing hair that was shed due to starting treatment). I notice it most when I get out the shower and dont have to brush my hair a certain way to not see a bunch of my scalp or hairline messed up.

regime:

.5 mg propecia
    5% rogaine foam either 1 or two times a day. (I found its best to do it at night a few hours before bed and then wash it out in the morning).
    Nizoral every other day
    Biotin daily
    daily vitamin