+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PGD2 or DHT

Just think of it this way. A big component of male pattern baldness is excess DHT. Men with male pattern baldness have reportedly low Testosterone. Doesn't it sound like an hormonal imbalance? But does DHT go up randomly and T decrease coincidentally at the same time, in balding men? Are all balding men genetically predisposed to have high DHT, a critical hormone which overproduction is linked to prostate hyperplasia?

Well then, i'll have you know that prostate hyperplasia, linked to pattern balding, is linked to diet.
    Plus there is an ongoing battle between nutritionists about the meaning of "healthy" diet, so there is much uncertainty about what to define a healthy diet, with perfectly opposite opinions. In fact, i side with the current which says the traditional USDA recommendations are completely wrong, which in my eyes makes most of those "healthy" individuals everything but healthy and subject to chronic inflammation.

gutted: if the pattern is genetically predetermined, this would be due to the greater or lesser sensitivity of individual follicles to DHT. (MPB sufferers don't lose the horse shoe because those follicles aren't vulnerable to the hormone.) Follicular sensitivity to DHT leads to male-pattern hair loss, and it is genetic.
    We can induce hair loss in men who are genetically programmed not to lose their hair, with something as simple as an antidepressant. But it's not male-pattern hair loss.

Aston, plenty of health nuts completely disregard the government's recommended daily diet. Visit any forum made for the nutrition-obsessed. And besides that, what's with all the 300-pound lifelong hamburger fiends who never lose a hair?
    Something else to think about, not all balding men have excess DHT or low testosterone (likewise not all NW1's and 2's have low DHT or high testosterone). When you suffer MPB, the problem is that some (most) of your scalp follicles are vulnerable to miniaturization from DHT, regardless of your actual levels. That's why even men with extremely low DHT levels can progressively bald.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    gutted: if the pattern is genetically predetermined, this would be due to the greater or lesser sensitivity of individual follicles to DHT. (MPB sufferers don't lose the horse shoe because those follicles aren't vulnerable to the hormone.) Follicular sensitivity to DHT leads to male-pattern hair loss, and it is genetic.
    We can induce hair loss in men who are genetically programmed not to lose their hair, with something as simple as an antidepressant. But it's not male-pattern hair loss.

Aston, plenty of health nuts completely disregard the government's recommended daily diet. Visit any forum made for the nutrition-obsessed. And besides that, what's with all the 300-pound lifelong hamburger fiends who never lose a hair?
    Something else to think about, not all balding men have excess DHT or low testosterone (likewise not all NW1's and 2's have low DHT or high testosterone). When you suffer MPB, the problem is that some (most) of your scalp follicles are vulnerable to miniaturization from DHT, regardless of your actual levels. That's why even men with extremely low DHT levels can progressively bald.
    this is what the brainwashed people believe...

i think you need to do your own personal research rather than rely on the argument of "plenty of people eating hamburgers... dont go bald"

there are explainable, albeit unproven. reasons as to why they dont go bald.
    Genetic, pattern distribution of the seb glands, being one of them.
    Metabolism being another

How do you know they dont experince miniturasation, minutraisation is not detectable through your eyesight?

anyway, with diet im beginning to believe cholesterol is a major player in baldness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aston View Post
    Just think of it this way. A big component of male pattern baldness is excess DHT. Men with male pattern baldness have reportedly low Testosterone. Doesn't it sound like an hormonal imbalance? But does DHT go up randomly and T decrease coincidentally at the same time, in balding men? Are all balding men genetically predisposed to have high DHT, a critical hormone which overproduction is linked to prostate hyperplasia?
    in balding people, 5 alpha reductase enzymic actiity is high, what needs to be figured out is, why.

this is probably the root reason why androgen and homrone levels are off balance.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    this is what the brainwashed people believe...

i think you need to do your own personal research rather than rely on the argument of "plenty of people eating hamburgers... dont go bald"

there are explainable, albeit unproven. reasons as to why they dont go bald.
    Genetic, pattern distribution of the seb glands, being one of them.
    Metabolism being another

How do you know they dont experince miniturasation, minutraisation is not detectable through your eyesight?

anyway, with diet im beginning to believe cholesterol is a major player in baldness.
    I'm not relying on all the non-balding junk food enthusiasts to make my judgments. They are just real-world examples of what scientific study has already discovered about MPB.
    If those hamburger fiends are experiencing miniaturization from MPB, then their baldness will progress with time. Except it doesn't. I have personally known adults like this for years or decades (you probably have as well), and they aren't balding.

I'm not trying to be argumentative for no reason. It's just that the lifestyle balding theory is literally centuries old if not older--it's a wive's tale. You can look at these same theories that people were posting about online 8 or more years ago, with posters talking about how they would try some new non-standard treatment and "report back if it works." No one has regrown any hair on these methods, except those who were already on DHT reduction drugs or minoxidil.

I wish you guys were right, believe me. Everyone on this forum wants nothing more than to effectively treat their hair loss. But how many times do we need to resurrect the same dead theories before we can put them to rest? How many times will we watch a new generation of young balding dudes try to embrace these "alternative approaches," only to inevitably free fall into NW6 territory? (Or finally just get a finasteride rx.)
    That being said, if either of you manages to regrow hair and can show us here on BTT, please do.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I'm not relying on all the non-balding junk food enthusiasts to make my judgments. They are just real-world examples of what scientific study has already discovered about MPB.
    If those hamburger fiends are experiencing miniaturization from MPB, then their baldness will progress with time. Except it doesn't. I have personally known adults like this for years or decades (you probably have as well), and they aren't balding.

I'm not trying to be argumentative for no reason. It's just that the lifestyle balding theory is literally centuries old if not older--it's a wive's tale. You can look at these same theories that people were posting about online 8 or more years ago, with posters talking about how they would try some new non-standard treatment and "report back if it works." No one has regrown any hair on these methods, except those who were already on DHT reduction drugs or minoxidil.

I wish you guys were right, believe me. Everyone on this forum wants nothing more than to effectively treat their hair loss. But how many times do we need to resurrect the same dead theories before we can put them to rest? How many times will we watch a new generation of young balding dudes try to embrace these "alternative approaches," only to inevitably free fall into NW6 territory? (Or finally just get a finasteride rx.)
    That being said, if either of you manages to regrow hair and can show us here on BTT, please do.
    what were you expecting them to report back? that they regrew a full head of hair?

diet is a way to control/stop hair mintuarisation, it wont regrow hair that has minuturised. even then modern day diet is probably not consistent enough to address the problem head on.

homeostatic cholesterol levels is probably key.

what were you expecting them to report back? that they regrew a full head of hair?
    Well it would've been reassuring to at least see someone who could halt their balding for longer than a year (without using proven treatments). Some guys have done it for 10+ years on fin.

But I guess I'll agree to disagree on this subject. Nothing is impossible, but these theories have been around for quite some time and for me, there just isn't enough evidence at this point (and too much contrary evidence). I wish luck to anyone who experiments with alternative treatments, and hope they will let us know how it goes.

in balding people, 5 alpha reductase enzymic actiity is high, what needs to be figured out is, why.

this is probably the root reason why androgen and homrone levels are off balance.
    DHT competes for the androgen receptors with progesterone. Also, cortisol downregulates the activity of 5a reductase. Progesterone and cortisol belong to the same production line. It's all said in that thread i made. A diet with frequent insulinic spikes and high carb consumption (ANY USDA-recommended diet, aka the "healthy" diet) causes the body to slow down its metabolism to compensate, which causes a reduction in overall metabolic hormone levels, which upregulates DHT. The body then tends to fight excess serum DHT with estrogens, but tissues like the hair follicles and the prostate can make their own DHT(supposedly), which would explain the link. Also, metabolism naturally slows down in aging men (until you get the hormonal crash known as andropause). Furthermore, a BMI that's anything more than "perfectly lean" sharply upregulates TNFa, which a recent research links to PGD2 action.

some supporting research:
    http://www.jle.com/en/revues/medecin.../article.phtml

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/57/3/671.abstract

http://jme.endocrinology-journals.or.../41/3/165.full

if I eat like this guy would I be able to keep my hair?

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    if I eat like this guy would I be able to keep my hair?

probably not due to your family hostory of baldness, you have an excess number of sebaceous glands in your scalp skin.

he also probably has inestinal bacteria that can produce eqoul.